Artificial Love (Aoi - GazettE) Chapter 10

Artificial Love (Aoi - GazettE)

Artificial Love: Chapter 10

Kimiko’s POV

“Snatcher! Are you ready yet?!” you went down stairs and into the living room. As I arrived, I found my eyes widened slightly, he held his tie down measuring the perfect length to tie his tie, then he twisted it around twice and pulling it through the hole to make a perfect tie. He then folded the collar of the neck line and straightened his shirt. Lifting his left arm, he took the time to adjust his watch to the right time and tied it around his wrist. He took one last long look at the mirror with both nervousness and indifferent expression painted on his face.  His eyes traveled to the corner of the mirror and noticed my presence in the room and turned his body around.

snatcher

“Good morning Kimiko-san” he greeted me, “Just call me Kimiko, don’t add the -san” I said walking over to him crossing my arms and tilted my head.

“You don’t look too shabby in those clothes.” I smiled. He smiled back and nodded his head grabbing his brand new backpack and putting it over his shoulders. “Let’s go.”

“Hai! Aimi –chan! Let’s go!” I yelled across from the room.

[Fast Forward]

Just after we took Aimi to her school, we walked and arrived together to snatcher’s new school where the huge buildings were painted burgundy, where the grass and trees were perfectly healthy and green and where young students ran from class to class. I turned my head seeing Snatcher’s expression. He seemed like a nervous child going to school for the first year of his life. He bit his bottom lips and stared down at the ground then back at the school.

“Kimiko, I don’t think I should go today.” He said twitching his eyes. I went up to him and patted his shoulders, he stare down at me with a worried face. “Don’t worry Snatcher, you’ve been to school once haven’t you? so there should be nothing to worry about.” I tried to calm him, “Besides, you don’t have to be nervous, I’m sure you’ll do fine.” I said. He clenched his teeth and sighed.

“You think so? It’s just been so long… it feels weird.” He said.  

“I know. But once you start coming here every day, you’ll get used to it in no time, I promise.” I smiled and pushed him forward. He turned around with a slight glare and stick out his tongue as he started walking forward.

“See you at home!” I yelled at him, he nodded and turned his head away taking out a folded piece of paper that had all his class and looked around.

“Well looks like the school got itself a new newbie.” I laughed and started walking towards my best friend Miyuki’s studio.

[Fast Forward]

“So technically you adopted both of them?” Miyuki asked opening her soda bottle and sat onto a soft green cushion chair. “No…well it’s hard to say, their living with us now, so I guess yeah? But then no.” I said looking around the studio’s award competition up on the walls. “But I think you should meet them, they’re both very nice, especially Aimi, she’s so cute!” I laughed sitting down on a chair next to her. “Oh and plus Snatcher know’s martial arts! So you’ll get along with him pretty well, even though he can be an annoyance sometimes.” I smiled.

“That sounds great! I’ll come by sometime today then!” Miyuki said with cheer and joy. She sipped her bottle and formed a weird pout from her lips. “Hey, but how’s that Yuu guy and yourself? Are you still in that deal with him?” she whispered to my ear. I nodded my head. “You don’t know how much of a pain he is.”I complained.  My phone rang from my pockets as I popped it opened and read the caller id.

“An unknown caller? Wonder who it could be…” I picked up the phone and raised it against my ear. “Mos--”

“Is this Kimiko on the phone? This is Aoi’s mother speaking on behave” She interrupted. My eyes widened as I quickly got off the chair scaring Miyuki on the other side. “H-Hai! T-This is Kimiko s-speaking!” you answered. “Who is it?” Miyuki whispered, instead you lifted up your index finger to your lips with scrunched brows. “I’m sure you have time today so I’d like you to come with me somewhere with my daughter, a car will be ready for you at central hall be ready at 10:00 sharp” she hung up on the phone. “Wait--! Too late…” you sighed closing your phone.

“So, who was that?” Miyuki asked again. “Aoi’s mother. She wants me to go to a fashion show with her today” you sighed scrunching your hair. “What I’m I going to wear?! I can’t wear the clothes Aoi bought me again.” I said. There was a small tap on my shoulder and I looked at Miyuki who had a soft smile on her lips. “Come with me, I have something that might help” she said.

[Fast Forward]

She led me to her closet where she opened it widely and pulled out a hanger with a white plastic covering. “Here, this thing might do the trick!” she uncovered the clothing. It was a black and white sundress with flower blossom with tropical flair design.

“Yep! Finely tailored with a surplice neckline, a solid waist and a full-swing skirt!” she said. I widened my eyes just a tad, “I’m surprised you know all that just to describe one dress.” I said. She smirked, “Well I have my taste in fashion too you know” she laughed and went to her closet again only this time taking out a shoe box and opened it.

“These black flower slide shoes should go with that dress.” She said handing both dress and shoes to me. “Go change now.” She pushed me to the bathroom.

“Miyuki, I can’t wear these! These look expensive!” I said. She patted my back and pushed me into the bathroom. “Kimiko, you need it more than I do. Now hurry up so I can do your makeup” she slammed the door.

“Okay, wait—What?! Make up?!”

[Fast Forward]

“Hold still kimiko, you’re going make me mess up” Miyuki commanded me while finishing up my makeup. “Let’s get that one little spot and… There! We’re done!” she exclaimed with such happiness. I looked at myself at the mirror once again astonished by what had happened to my face. I also took the time to stare at my hair, which Miyuki neatly styled it with curls and a white floral clip.

“Is this me?” I asked touching my cheeks, “Yep, all pretty and dolled up!” Miyuki nodded her head “I think I didn’t do too badly if I do say so myself.” She laughed.

“You know Miyuki, have you ever thought of being a stylist? You’re really good.” I said, she smiled and playfully smacked me on the arm. “Thanks, but I need more practice if I’m ever going to be one” she laughed. “Now come on, I’ll walk you to central Hall” she smiled.

It was 10:00 and a nicely polished small sized limo had arrived in front of me. I looked at Miyuki who was on the other side waving goodbye. I smiled and slide myself into the car, finding myself sitting in front of Aoi’s mother. “Hello, how are you ma’am?” I asked, she gave no particular response back, from the window I saw Aoi’s sister come towards the car letting the driver open the door and seated herself in comfortably.

“Hiya there Kimiko!Oh my gosh! You look awfully gorgeous!” she hugged me tightly.

“Hello to you too, and thanks you don’t look bad yourself” I choked out patting her on the shoulder. She let goed and face her mother with a sincere smile on her lips. “Well off we go to the opera” she cheered.

‘An opera?’ I thought.

[Fast Forward]

For now, I’m going  to use ‘Ayumi’ for Aoi’s sisters name and for later ‘Kiyoshi’ for Aoi’s brother. (sorry, I don’t know their names)

Ayumi’s POV (Aoi’s sister)

It’s only been 15 minutes and right next to me Kimiko was already fast asleep with her chin resting onto her palm. I chuckled quietly, I took my phone out and flipped it open and with one press of a button my phone went into camera mode. With one click, I’ve taken a cute picture of kimiko and decided to send it to Aoi.

“I guess this opera thing isn’t her thing either. Just like Aoi.” I chuckled while shaking my head.

Aoi’s POV

 “Hold on guys, phone is ringing.” I said to my band mates as I reached into my pocket and flipped out my phone.

“Geez Aoi, in a middle of a photo shoot?” Uruha had spoken.

“Sorry, I got a message from my sister and…” I paused.  “And?” he asked me, my eyes darted at the screen at first, and then they slowly relaxed. It was a picture of kimiko in a beautiful sundress on and seemed to be asleep.

“Wow! That’s Kimiko isn’t it? she looks great” Uruha complimented the picture right after he hand leaned over my shoulders to see. “Wait a minute, something isn’t right…” I said replying to the text.

Aoi: Why is Kimiko with you?

Sister: To hang out! Duh! We went to see an opera together but it seems that she doesn’t take interest in that sort of thing just like you. hahaha she’s so cute.

Aoi: Anybody else with you guys?

Sister: Yes, mother that is.

“.” I quietly cursed to myself closing my phone. I knew what my mother was up to, without me, she thinks Kimiko is some kind of fake girlfriend for me, which is true but… I can’t let her know about it! Uruha glanced back with a worried expression, “What? Something happened?” he asked. “Yeah something like that.” I answered, “Look I got to go where my sister is or else--”

“No Aoi” Uruha interrupted.

“You don’t understand! Kimiko--”

“If it’s about kimiko worry about her later, if you go now you’ll put our manager at sake with these professional photographers, you know he worked hard getting these people.” He interrupted me. I sighed, “but--”

“No buts, just stick with it.” He patted my shoulder. “Besides you’re not even dating her, so why get so hyped up about her? …or… are you?” he asked.

“In a way…” I answered. Uruha raised an eyebrow, “So you are?”

“Shut up. No…well… never mind it’s too complicated.” I answered. I closed my eyes and prayed. ‘Please be careful Kimiko. PLEASE!’

[Fast Forward]

Kimiko’s POV

I felt a gentle shake on my arm that woke me up from my sleep. My eyes slightly opened, seeing blurs of lights in my sight. “Hey, Kimiko wake up sweetie.” A soft voice called. I blinked a couple of time for my vision to focus, a minute later I realized I was still in the same theatre where the opera concert was held.

“Hey good to see you awake now.” I heard Aoi’s sister say next to me.

“Oh hey… um did the opera thing started yet?” I asked. She only laughed and shook her head.

“Actually Kimiko it’s over, you slept throughout the whole concert which was about 2 hours. It surprises me how you can do that when these opera singers sing loud.” She giggled.

“Slept? I… I--- I SLEPT?!” I half screamed in the theatre. “Oh my gosh! I am terribly sorry! I really didn’t me- ”

“Oh it’s alright, besides it was cute watching you sleeping.” She giggled. “Luckily mother didn’t notice or else she would have been furious.” She said. “Wow you and Aoi are so alike, he doesn’t like these things either” she commented.

“Oh is that so…” you sighed. She grabbed my hand and got me up just before Mrs. Shiroyama was done talking her friend that had met up with us just before the concert started. “Mother, I and Kimiko are ready to go to the fashion show you wanted to see.”

“Fashion show?” I asked. She simply nodded. “Yeah! And right after were going to and art gallery the out to eat!” she answered.

‘.’I thought to myself. Aoi’s mother came towards us and led us to the car where it was once again completely awkward silence, until someone breaks it of course.

“So tell Kimiko, which part did you like of the opera?” Mrs. Shiroyama has asked me. Before answering I took a quick gulp trying to remember what I had seen before I had fallen asleep. “Um… well that is… I--”

“Oh she liked the part where Miss Yanakan sang ‘little birds’ … yep that’s the one she liked right?” Ayumi had interrupted me.   

“Uh… right! That’s it! It was so beautiful.” I lied. Mrs. Shiroyama turned with a ‘htmph’ and looked towards the window. There was a small sigh that came from me, unfortunately Ayumi must have heard and gave a gentle nudge on the arm along with a warm smile. She whispered that it was going to be fine and not to worry.  I gave a weak smile and nodded, then looked at my side of the window.

Just as I was about to close my eyes and drift off to sleep there was a sudden ring coming from my purse, by the time I found my phone I stared at the caller ID.

“Who is it?” Ayumi asked.

“It’s Aoi.” I answered; Mrs. Shiroyama quickly leaned forward and snatched my phone away from my hand.  She became silent for a while, scrunching her nose and scoffed at the phone, then passing it at Ayumi. “Make sure she doesn’t get that. Don’t pick it up.” She said.

I wanted to protest, why she keeping my phone hostage? It’s my phone! I looked at Ayumi, seeing a apologizing frown. I nodded and shrugged.

 ‘Bet he planned this… I’m going to kill him…’ I thought to myself.  ‘Someone please save me!’

Aoi’s POV

My work was finally finished; I pulled out my phone and dialed Kimiko’s number for the second time. Unfortunately she wasn’t picking up her phone. “Damn, why isn’t she picking up?” I said to myself. Why was my mother doing this to me?! Better yet, why didn’t Kimiko tell me that she was with my sister and mom? I found myself driving past the speed limit with my hands gripped on tight onto the steering wheel. Was I worried? Mad? Whatever it was, I only had one thing in my mind that I cannot let my mom find about Kimiko’s position.

I took my phone once again and called my brother. “Moshi moshi?” he greeted on the other line.

“Kiyoshi, do you mind telling me where mom went?”

“Shouldn’t Ayumi know? Go ask her…”  he replied. I rolled my eyes, “You know Ayumi wouldn’t tell me anything, especially when it comes to working with mother.”

“I don’t blame her, mom keeps threatening her to do so” he laughed.

“Kiyoshi, please. It’s about Kimiko, she’s with mom.” I said with a serious tone, I heard my brother sigh.
“Fine. Hold on, let me look” he replied.

Kimiko’s POV

After seeing a Fashion show together, we ate lunch in a luxurious restaurant. It was very hesitating, there were so many choices! Once everyone got what they wanted, Ayumi got up from her seat and told us she needed to go to the ladies room. Once she was gone, I couldn’t help but feel very uncomfortable sitting alone with Mrs. Shiroyama. I smiled once in a while trying to keep my image up as Aoi’s ‘Perfect Girl’, I felt as if Mrs. Shiroyama was keeping a close eye on me and never grew tired.

“Kimiko.” she called me, lacing her fingers together and rested her elbows onto the table.
I immediately looked up at her, putting down the silverwares and wiped my mouth with a clean napkin. “Yes ma’am?” I smiled.

Her eyes darted at me continually, “Pay for the food will you, its total came up to 200, I’m sure you can with all the money you and your mother make.” she said, still staring at me. A frightened frown soon replaced my smile and she crossed her arms at me disapprovingly. “You can’t? Well why not?” she asked.

“I don’t have any money on me right now ma’am.” I answered lowering my head.

“hmtph how rude.” She spat. “Tell me, are you really rich according what Aoi said? Or are you dating him because he’s a rock star and got money? Or maybe he’s trying to trick me in believing your really his girlfriend?” she questioned. My mouth opened slightly, the mood in the room tensed.

“Uh N-No ma’am, I’m really his girlfriend!” I answered. 

“Do you love him for who he is?” she had asked. I nodded. “Yes, I do” I said flatly.

 How much to you love him?” she said. “Very much, he’s everything to me” I said, even it stung my tongue to say it.

“Are you one of his replacements for Misaki?” she asked in a loud hoarse tone smashing her hands onto the table.

“M-Misaki?” I quietly questioned. My eyes furrowed in confusion, Who was Misaki?

“Mother!” Someone yelled from behind. I turned my head around, Aoi had stood there for only a few seconds then pacing himself over to our table, not long after his sister widened her eyes and gasped at Aoi and ran towards us. When he reached our table, he glanced at me momentarily then fixed his eyes at his mother.

“What are you doing?” he asked. She smiled softly and shook her head. She had resumed her spot onto the chair glancing at me every so often. “Oh Aoi, you really think that you can fool me with this worthless girl?” she stated taking her tea cup and took a sip. “She’s not your girlfriend, I know you too well.” She added.

“You’re wrong, she’s my real girlfriend, I love her with all my heart…” Aoi’s fingers started to curl up into fist position, his eyes somewhat darting at his mother.

“And I’m going to prove it to you…” he started grabbing my arm forcing me to stand up on my feet.

“The only way I can!” he turned to me and pulled me gently yet forcibly onto his own chest, he placed one of his hands under my chin turning me to face him and with the other completely wrapped around my waist. In an instant he crashed his lips against mine.

To be Continued.

comments would be nice. i what to know how i'm doing. :D