Artificial Love (Aoi - GazettE) Chapter 4

Artificial Love (Aoi - GazettE)

Artificial Love: Chapter4

‘Girlfriend?...But he hates me…’  I thought. The atmosphere became silent, water slid down his face and shined as each drop landed onto the table one by one. I just stared, trying to look normal. He closed and slowly reopened his eyes, slightly dropping his jaw open, “I…I am so sorry!” I grabbed a clean napkin and started to wipe his face, I thought the situation couldn’t possibly get any worse. A coat of nervousness trembled lining my voice against my attempts to contain it.

“Suman! ore ga warukatta.” I apologized. He never left his eyes off me, it was making me nervous, I looked down, trying to hide my face from him. I was humiliated. After I wiped all the water away, I put down the wet napkins in front of my plate, “Sumimasen…” I tried to sound calm, and relaxed, but my body language was working against me. My shoulders were tensed like crazy. I tried to figure out how I would work this. Who knows what he could do to me, he looked rich and all, I can’t really do anything about it if he threatens me…

kimiko

 He slightly smiled, his eyes lit with such a lovely glow of beauty. “It’s okay…” We sat there in silence for a few moment; I ran my fingers through my hair. “Uhmm…” I started.

“Let’s go…” he insisted and got up from his seat and walked over to the door, an awkward feeling knotting my stomach had come up, “…” I mumbled. We walked out of the restaurant and slowly walked our way down the steep side walk. “I’ll be going then…” I breathed.

“You sure you don’t need someone to walk with you?” he asked.  

"Yes, I'm okay. No, you don't need to come. Yes, I have someone who's a friend taking care of me. So I’ll be alright" I assure while walking the opposite way backwards.

"Oh, and I think my friend likes you; I can even get her to talk to you if it would put your mind at ease about the job you offered, I think she’ll accept it.” I waved off. He walked forward towards me passing me the leading me into an empty alley way making me lean slightly against the wall. I stepped back, leaning my fingers against the wall. He stood up, he was taller than me.

“No, I want you to… not her” I gave a small gulp looking away into some other area. I wasn’t sure how to answer, but I felt like if I was going to explain myself to anyone he’d be the one to do it to.

“That’s fairly impossible for the job, because you and I are too different, you don’t like me and I don’t like you…” his face tilted slightly towards the left and leaned in more, I blushed a little, and looked away quickly hoping he wouldn’t notice my face lighting up like a firefly.

“You’re too close…” I reminded him, he kept a straight, and he grew a small smile across his lips.

“Yeah, it’s true, I don’t like you very much but…” he leaned close to my ear, “Opposites do attract right?” he pulled away smirking, “So, we can work this out… besides, you’re in a state where you’re in debt right?” Suddenly I jumped up and yelped quietly as I felt his hand into my pocket, Aoi smiled at me, and went off to the side with his hands in his pockets and an eyebrow raised at me. I turned around trying so damn hard not to look back at him. This was harder than I thought it would be.

“Think about it…” he walked off to the opposite direction and into the streets of crowds, slowly growing smaller as he walked from far distance then disappearing no longer in sight. I stood there in blank, I blinked a few times before realizing what had happened, I started walking towards the studio and entering. There I saw Miyuki jump up running towards me

“Kimiko!” she yelped in a worried tone, “Oh my gosh! Are you alright?! I was worried! Where were you?!” she asked giving me a tight hug, “Nowhere of a sort, just walking around.” I half lied. A tall muscular figure had shown behind the door as it slowly opened, Mr. Ogawa had came put and still had his expression from before, I immediately went down to my knees and bowed, “Mr.Ogawa! I’m terribly sorry for today’s incident! I didn’t mean to embarrass you in front of the whole class! I will ne--”

“What on earth are you talking about Kimiko?” Mr. Ogawa said with a soft deep voice leaned down and patted my back telling me to get up. I pulled back up still kneeling, I felt a warm hand ruffling my hair, “You did well! I was very impressed Kimiko.” he complimented; I jumped a little when he addressed me. I looked back at him; “eh? You… aren’t… embarrassed?” he smiled and gave a small chuckle, “No why would I be?”

“I well I mean, you’re THE Mr. Ogawa! You never lost before in your entire life!” I reminded him, “You silly girl, even though I never been defeated there always has to be a first later on” he replied with a smile. Miyuki came up and hugged her uncle around his neck, “Yeah Kimiko! That’s what life’s about, no one here in the world is perfect” she assured.

 It got kind of silent for a second, and I looked at him questionably, “So, you’re not mad?” he shook his head, “nope not at all” he assured me. “You did great”

[Fast Forward]

After cleaning up at the studio, I came back home worried, It was late, and that means my mother would rage into anger, I closed the door quietly, then hearing music and a ladies voice sounding as if she was advertising. I stuck out my head slightly seeing my mom sitting on the couch with a bowl of mixed fruits almost half asleep. I slowly made my way through my room upstairs, tip toeing up the wood stairs.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I heard my mom ask; I closed my eyes and mumbled something to myself. I took a deep breath before facing my punishment; I twisted myself around find my mother standing with her crossed arms. My lips smiled in to an innocent expression as my shoulders shrugged. “Hi mom…hehe” I greeted innocently. She sighed and rolled her eyes. “Where were you?” she asked. “Um, around, with Miyuki…”

“Really? Cause she called in saying you ran out the studio” she shot back, “Oh that, it was nothing, I was just shocked about beating Mr. Ogawa in kung fu class, that’s all” I said not telling the rest of the story. “Alright then, go ahead to your room and get some sleep” she said before walking away. “That’s it?” I said quietly then shrugged; she’s probably tired to give me a punishment I smiled. I went up stares and changed into my Pj’s, just before I took off my pants I searched into my pockets to see if I left anything, then on my left pocket I felt a piece of paper that was neatly folded.

Kimiko, think about it. If you do consider, we’ll go over the rules on Wednesday at the City Hall at 11:00 am, I’ll be waiting.

Aoi         

I folded back the paper, and dropped myself landing on my soft bed mattress bouncing up and down and coming into a full stop. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then reopening them staring above the ceiling where I had glittering, sparkling night glow stars. “Should I or shouldn’t I?” I asked myself rolling over on my stomach reopening the note.

‘Wednesday, City Hall at 11:00 am…’  it read. “Well… mom and I are in debt…and this house is going to be closed down if we don’t do anything.” I deeply thought. “BUT I DON’T EVEN LIKE HIM!” I complained. After a few moments of thinking things through carefully I had my final answer. “Fine. I’ll do it. For mom and dad.”I confirmed. I went over to the light switch and turned off the lights leaving the room completely dark except for the center of the room shining visibly through my window with the crescent moon shining in the night sky. And I fell into a deep sleep.

[Fast forward]

(Song Playing: Absolute Darling by Rainie Yang)

 Wednesday had came already, The skies of Tokyo were barely light for it was around 10:30 am. Aroundthe morning came as shades of grey clouds had painted across the city. As usual, the streets were busy with buzzing vehicles, huge crowd of people walking across the streets. It started sprinkling not long after; sprinkles of water had tapped onto the window I sat next to in the bus. Without realizing, I fell into a deep sleep leaning onto something soft, the scent smelled quite nice, the height gesture was just right, felt like a soft teddy bear.

I felt two fingertips touching the side of my head gently pushing me off the soft gesture making my head turn slowly then quickened as my head fell over to the right side hitting my head onto the window next to me making me quietly squirm. My eyes quickly blinked opened then slowly closing and reopening trying to focus my eye sight. I slowly turned my head on the left seeing a man with darkish brown hair and with light blonde highlights. He wore a black silverish tie along with a vest with a same color and a dark burgundy color and some dark black/grey pants.   

hiroto

He had a questioned expression as I did the same, he look down at me with sparkling dark eyes. This had only caused me to blush somewhat, my hand raised only to brush the strands of hair behind my ear. He remained sitting there, watching me with still widened eyes of surprise.

As soon as I recognized the scent I had smelled when I was sleeping, I sniffed at his shoulders, soon realizing that it was him that I had slept on his shoulders. “Sumimasen…” I bowed my head at him apologizing and he rolled his eyes not caring. He looked so professional with his burgundy button up top and shiny black tie along with the vest. His short brown/blonde hair was perfectly styled also. I glance at the window, embarrassed that I had slept on a stranger’s shoulder. I fist my knuckles and hit my head for being too stupid.

“It’s okay…” I heard next to me, I faced the man again who was staring out of space like he never said a word. I managed to nod my head, and went back staring out the window thinking of random thoughts threw my mind, not paying any attention to anything.

“We will be arriving at Central Hall shortly, please grab any personal item before departing, Thank you”the operator conducted. The bus had come into a complete stop and a few people had stood up and gotten off, I was still in a daze in my little world thinking.

“Final Call for Central Hall departments”my mind slowly came back into reality, I folded out the piece of paper Aoi had handed me, “Central Hall…” I said to myself making the man over heard, “Were in Central Hall you know…” he said, I glance at him blankly then reading the note again, “Central Hall?” I recited I glanced at the window making sure I didn’t misheard anything.

“Door closing for Central Hall Next destination will be Forgston avenue” The operator conducted. Both entry and departing doors closed shut tightly and the bus soon began to move again. “CENTRAL HALL?! WAIIIT!” I jumped up and yelled at the bus driver to stop. The Bus came to a sudden stop making every one lean forward hard.

“MISS ARE YOU INSANE?!” the driver complained. “Sorry! I’m terribly sorry!” I bowed multiple times then facing to the crowds and apologizing to them also. Then the doors had reopened as I quickly jumped off the bus. As the bus started moving once again a memory had came into mind,

‘Were in Central Hall you know…’

I suddenly had forgotten to say ‘Thank you’ to the mysterious man. I ran back following the bus that can no longer stop for pedestrians stops. I came close to the window that I had sat next to only seeing his brown hair, I ran a bit faster and came close to the bus tapping the metal side, trying to get his attention.

??? P.O.V

(Me: Haha but you guys (might know) or already know who it is! But just play along with the story okay?)

As the strange lady got off the bus, I scooted towards where she sat next to the window.

‘Thank god, she wasn’t a fan girl’I was worried if I made the wrong choice of waking her up. I guess she doesn’t recognize me, that’s good. She sees me as a regular citizen, well done. I felt pretty good what I did for some reason, was it because I haven’t been like this for a long time? I’ve been so busy with things I haven’t got time to do these things in a while. It felt nice for a change.

 My chin lean against my knuckles and stared off into space then closing my eyes. Not long after I heard thumping noise from outside disturbing my peace. I opened my eyes and looked around inside the bus, but no one seemed to move in concern of the sound.

‘Thump thump!’ I heard again, I looked around once more, but only this time I glanced out my window. I saw the strange girl banging on the side; I gazed and blink at hearing her voice, calling out a certain name. I came closer to the window revealing my face. As soon as she spotted my face she smiled brightly and cupped her hands to ,

“Thank you!” she yelled and gave a big wave to me, I gave a small smile, small enough so she wouldn’t recognize it’s actually a smile. “She really ran all this way just to say that?” I thought, I simply gave a nod for as a response. She started to slow her pace, nodded her head smiling and waved good bye one last time as the bus turned around the corner.

kimiko

 I turned my head wanting to take a good look at her face before she disappeared from my window. Small strands of her light long brown hair flowed across her face as the wind blew hard. Her soft smile creased across her lips, her arms lowered, still, with her hands waving gently at me. I as I blinked she was gone, and all I saw was red bricks and shops, the bus had turned all the way to the corner. ‘What a thoughtful girl’ I smiled to myself.    

To be continued.