800 Crabs

Behind the Scenes: Running Man 179

The blue car reached a simple parking lot and pulled over. Lee Dongwook hurriedly got out of the car and ran to the other side. He opened the car door for Jihyo who looked at him impressed. Aigo, she thought to herself. The other members don't do this to me when filming. They walked towards the open marketplace where their mission await them. On the way, Jihyo saw a familiar face that smiled at her.

"Oh!" Jihyo said as her eyes widened. "Unni!" she exclaimed as she saw her older cousin that she hasn't seen for a long time.

"Jihyo-ya!" she answered and gave her a big hug. "I thought you won't be back home here until the new year?"

"Ani, we're filming today unni."

"Ohh," she nodded and noticed Dongwook who stood behind Jihyo. "You're out with your namjachingu?"

Dongwook gave an embarassed smile as Jihyo felt herself blushed. "Ahh, unni, I said we're filming for Running Man," Jihyo exclaimed and covered her cheeks with both hands.

"Arasseo," her cousin answered. "It's just that you two look good together. I'll see you guys later. Head inside the marketplace, the PD is waiting for you two."

They said their good-byes and walked forward to the market entrance. Jihyo casually linked arms with her partner.

When they finally got in the middle of the marketplace, they saw a modest crowd circled around crabs. Rows and rows of crabs. 

"Uwaa," Jihyo exclaimed as she watched the crabs, still alive and clawing their way out of the plastic knots. They observed the crowd that were gathered around the crowd. Dongwook noticed that most of them were doing some sort of signs with their hand that they concealed inside their parka.

"What are they doing?" Dongwook asked.

"Molla," Jihyo answered and blinked her eyes. The pair shared the same blank look that Mong Jihyo is famous for.

All of a sudden, her eyes lit up as an idea went to her mind. "Maybe it's a mission? Or a game?" she suggested.

"A game?" Dongwook repeated and continued to observe the other participants. He saw them made signs as if they were playing kai-bai-bo.

"You think so?"

"Ahhh!" Dongwook exclaimed. "Maybe our mission is playing kai-bai-bo indirectly with them?" He then started to imitate the other people and goofed around with different hand signs.

Jihyo looked at him with her bewildered expression. Dongwook gave a goofy and embarassed smile. "Ahh, mollaseo," he said as he put his hand down and worried if Jihyo thought he was pabo.

Myuk PD finally come over to them and explained that what they are watching is a crab auction. The hand signals are used as a sign of bidding and the amount you want to bid. 

"Ehh, let's just play kai-bai-bo" Dongwook suggested playfully.

They were given hats with numbers on them as they joined the crab auction. The man behind them also taught them what to do and acted as their guide. When the auctioneer blew his whistle to signal the start of a new bidding round, Jihyo didn't know what to do. She just made up random signs as she went along. All of a sudden, the head auctioneer called out Jihyo's number. She responded with her signature Mong look.

"Congratulations, you won the auction," the auctioneer told Jihyo.

"I won?" she repeated. "Ohh, Dongwook, we won."

"Highest bidder is number 260 with the price of 5,200 won per crab for a lot of 800 crabs."

"Mwo?" Jihyo and Dongwook exclaimed at the same time.

"800 crabs?" Dongwook asked.

"What are we going to do with 800 crabs!?" Jihyo asked with a sheepish smile. "Seonsangnim, we only need two."

As they both explained what just happened to the head auctioneer, he just laughed it off and handed them two of the biggest crabs on the lot.

"Kamsahamnida," Jihyo thanked him and Dongwook took the two crabs from his hands.

"I guess 800 crabs is too much for your newlywed house?" the auctioneer teased them.

"Eh?" Jihyo said and tried hard not to blush. She looked at Dongwook's direction and saw him gave a little nod.


Tumblr for these two! yeahjihyodongwook.tumblr.com