I Think So Too

Behind the Scenes: Running Man 179

"O, Gary oppa~" Jihyo said casually over the phone.

Jihyo was talking with Gary over the phone as they waited for her unnie to teach them the recipes for their king crab. They were on speakerphone and Dongwook held her phone between them. Jihyo and Gary are known as the Monday Couple, but their relationship was really just for the show. They respected each other's decision with regards to dating and have since established a close brother-sister relationship.

"Jihyo-ya," Gary's voice echoed from the speaker. "Where are you? Oppa misses you already."

"Ya, Kang Gary. Where are you? Who are you with?"

"Ehe," Gary chuckled. "I'm more curious to know who you are partnered with. Are you with Sukjin hyung?"

"Aniyo," Jihyo smiled. "My partner is an actor."

"Actor!? Then he must be attractive?"

Jihyo looked to her left and her eyes met with Dongwook's. Their faces were close in proximity, almost mere inches apart. She could even feel his hair against her hair.

"Ne," Jihyo answered frankly. "And he's someone who knows me very well."

At Jihyo's answer, Dongwook gave a bashful smile. He felt his cheeks reddened and tried to control his expression, but he couldn't. His face painted the symbol of happiness.

"Jinja? Jihyo-ya, should I be worried?" Gary asked in a joking manner.

"People have been telling us that we look good together, oppa." Jihyo said over the phone, her face was red too from her sudden answer a while ago. "Don't worry about me and worry about your dish, arasseo?"

"Ne, we'll see you guys back in Seoul," Gary said his goodbyes and they hung up the phone. Dongwook slowly handed Jihyo's phone back and gave her a sly smile.

"Yah, what was that about?" he asked her as she pocketed her phone.

"I was just telling the truth," Jihyo mumbled and fanned her face with her hands.

"That we look good together?"

"Aniiii," Jihyo hit his arms. "That you're attractive and that you know me well."

"Jinja?" Dongwook asked again, his smile doubled compared from before.

Jihyo's cousin arrived in the room with a tray of ingredients in hand. Jihyo and Dongwook greeted her with a bow and helped her arrange the items and utensils they needed for the cooking demonstration. Dongwook set up the cooking stove, while Jihyo and her cousin prepped the ingredients. The sight of the large king crabs made their mouth water. Her cousin demonstrated and taught them the proper way of cooking king crab porridge and king crab stew. She even told them the secret that lies in the seasoning: the soybean paste that is a Chun family secret recipe. She gave them a small portion for their use during the cooking battle.

 

"Uwaaa, daebak." Jihyo exclaimed as she took a sip of the stew's broth. 

"Mmm, the spiciness of the broth is perfect for the cuddle weather." Dongwook also said after he ate a mouthful.

"Cuddle weather?" Jihyo's cousin asked as she looked back and forth between the two.

"Yah, Dongwook!" Jihyo said and glared at him jokingly. "Unnie might get the wrong idea. He meant the winter weather, unnie."

"Kkkk," her cousin laughed. "I was just kidding. And besides, I really think that you two look really good together. You should start dating."

"Ahh, unnie," Jihyo placed her indes finger in front of her lips as if to tell her cousin to keep quiet. 

"I think so too," was Dongwook's reply that made Jihyo's cheeks turn red not from the stew's spiciness but from the two's teasing.


Okay, I watched Episode 180 and I feel bad for Jihyo's team. u.u Oh well, I'll continue this story until that episode.