Squid Sashimi

Behind the Scenes: Running Man 179

With the two crabs safe and secure in a covered basket, the pair went forward as they saw Myuk PD. He stood in front of a large inflatable pool, the one usually used by kids. But there weren't any kids, instead there were numerous squids floating in the water -- white, slimy, scary-looking squids. Dongwook couldn't hide the disdain written all over his face. Jihyo laughed as she noticed his expression.

"Aish," she said. "Why are you so afraid of squids? They're so little compared to a big man like you."

"I just don't like them."

"They don't bite, you know."

Myuk PD handed them a long-handled net for catching the squids. Jihyo took it from the PD's hands, knowing that Dongwook was too chicken to catch one. It was only less than ten minutes when Jihyo caught an actual squid.

"Ohh!" she exclaimed as she lifted the net out of the water. However, the squid jumped out of the net and in to open air. Straight at Dongwook's direction.

"Yaaah!" he shouted as he struggled with the squid. Finally, he caught it with his bare hands and quickly put it in their basin not without a little shiver.

"See, I told you they won't bite you," Jihyo said and watched the sea creature wriggle its way in the basin. "Waaa, now I'm craving for squid sashimi."

Myuk PD told them that there was a fisherman who can cut up their squid to make sashimi. They went to him and in seconds, the live, writhing squid was reduced to white, chopped up squid sashimi.

"It looks so yummy, I want to eat it now." Jihyo said.

"Ani," Dongwook replied and grabbed the container of sashimi from Jihyo's hands. "I know a perfect place where we can eat it. Follow me."

The two exited the marketplace with Dongwook in the lead. They made their way near the coastlines which were lined with big rocks that break the waves. 

"Here looks good," Dongwook stated and set down their sashimi.

Jihyo looked around. Behind them, the vast ocean looked boundless and endless. The cold December air blew from the sides. It was noon, but the shy sun was nowhere in sight, it hid behind the clouds.

"Sit," Dongwook said to the still standing Jihyo with a smile.

They both enjoyed their sashimi which they dipped in the spicy gochujang sauce. "Here have the honor," Jihyo said as she held her chopsticks in front of Dongwook's mouth. He accepted it in one bite and savored the freshness of the sashimi with the spicy kick from the sauce.

"How is it?" Jihyo asked as she watched Dongwook.

"Mmmm," he exclaimed with a thumbs-up. "Masitsso!"

He then took his turn and fed Jihyo with a bite of sashimi with his chopsticks. Jihyo couldn't hide her smile as she chewed.

"Uwaa, daebak, its so fresh and sweet." Jihyo said. "It tastes like you."

"Mwo?"

"I mean, it tastes like your hand," Jihyo flustered and stuck out her tongue at him.

"This would taste awesome if we could have some soju," Jihyo suddenly said, forgetting that there were cameras around them.

"What if I tell you I have some on me?" Dongwook suddenly said and gave her a mischievous smile.

"Oh?" Jihyo doubted him. Dongwook opened his jacket to reveal a hidden pocket inside. Jihyo leaned closer to check if he really had soju in there but all she saw was nothing. "Ehhhh," she said as the sly Dongwook gave her another smile.

"We should go out for a drink sometime," Dongwook said as he took another mouthful of the sashimi. "When we go back to Seoul."

Jihyo gave a small nod, still busy from chewing.

"Or are you always busy partying at Gangnam?" Dongwook joked which made Jihyo almost choke.

"Yaaah, don't believe these guys' framing me on the show, jinja," she reasoned out.

"Arasseo, arasseo," Dongwook answered with a laugh. 

They spent the whole high noon on top of the coastline rocks with their lunch of squid sashimi, almost forgetting that they were filming Running Man and not out on a date.


I already downloaded RM episode 180, but I haven't watched it yet. >.< I wish Lee Dongwook would guest in Running Man again. I'll be waiting oppa. Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting.