Sandcastle

Behind the Scenes: Running Man 179

Jihyo and Dongwook still had a bit of time left before they return to Seoul. They roamed around the beach with Jihyo acting as his tour guide. She also told him about her childhood days that he was always curious about. 

"This is where I used to play with my highschool friends," Jihyo pointed to a small eatery near the beach.

"So," Dongwook said and looked at her with a smile. "When can I meet your parents?"

"Ahhh, stop it Dongwook," Jihyo said and punched him in the arm lightly. She knew he was just teasing her, but something in the back of her mind wanted to think of it as something serious.

"Heh," he laughed. "What do you guys play when you were younger?"

"Ahh, I know. Let's build sandcastles."

The two plopped down on dry sand and built a castle together. They found a makeshift flag and placed it on the highes peak.

"Hmm," she frowned at the structure they just built. "It looked more like a mountain than a castle."

"Andwe," he exclaimed. "The princess needs a castle."

"Princess?"

"Mhm, Mong Princess," Dongwook teased and looked at her with a big smile.

"Yaaa, you've been teasing me all day," Jihyo frowned. "Let's just play the game."

They took turns in removing portions of the sandcastle without destroying the structure or letting the makeshift flag fall to the ground. But on Dongwook's first turn, the upper portion immediately crumbled. Jihyo laughed at him in reply.

"Mwoya," he whined. "It's just the first round." He placed his hands firmly on the lower portion to support the castle. But it still came crumbling down.

"Wahaha, Dongwook you're not very good at this."

He looked at the girl beside him, laughing prettily. He grabbed her by her shoulders and pretended to wrestle and tackle her to the ground.

The two were giggling and laughing at each other at the empty beach. Jihyo also grabbed on to Dongwook's collar and tried to take him down. But he was stronger than her.

"YAAA, LEE DONGWOOK!" she shouted in between fits of giggle.

Dongwook let go of her shoulders and pretended to be scared of her. Jihyo glared at him with a pout. But it wasn't before long when he tackled her once more.

"Yaaa~" Jihyo shouted once more. This time, however, Dongwook exerted more force than usual. He and Jihyo fell to the sand with him on top. Their faces inches from each other in an almost kiss.

"Ehem," she cleared , getting conscious by the fact that they were still filming Running Man. They both looked at the direction of the VJ, but coincidentally the VJ was changing tapes for the camera.

"No one's looking," Dongwook whispered. "We're safe."

"Y-yaaa," her voice trailed off as she blushed and felt his warm breath on top of her. Dongwook got up and helped her too. He brushed the stray sands on their clothing. "Don't change the subject! You still lost the game, Lee Dongwook!"

"Alright, I guess I have to take the punishment?"

"Ne," Jihyo nodded. "Piggyback your princess!"

"Hahaha, arasseo," he answered and faced his back towards her. "Hop on."

They walked along the shoreline, with Jihyo comfortably on his back. The waves in the background provided the melody of the afternoon.

"Where to, princess?" he asked her.

"To our castle!"

"Castle?" he frowned. "But there's no castle here, princess."

"Yes, there is."

"To our sandcastle!" Jihyo exclaimed with a laugh while pointing to their sandcastle they made a while ago.