Partner!

Behind the Scenes: Running Man 179

Song Jihyo pushed back a strand of her hair behind her ear as the morning breeze went by. She was filming for Running Man's New Year special episode. She was all alone at Homigot, in her hometown Po Hang.

"Am I filming all alone here?" she asked her VJ. "Where are the other members?"

"Song Jihyo-ssi, your partner is somewhere in the area. You should look for him." Myuk PD said to the bewildered Jihyo.

"Partner? Is it Kang Gary?" she asked through the camera lens.

"Partner!" Jihyo shouted as she saw a crowd gathering before the dock. She speedwalked along the wooden dock closely followed by her VJ. From afar, she saw a silhouette of a person wearing the same royal blue jacket as her. The stature was that of a man but she could not see his face for her mysterious partner held a paper fan in front of his face.

"Partner!" Jihyo exclaimed as she neared him. A bright smile lit her face up as she made a ran for the figure. I know who this is, she thought as she ran faster.

"Yah, Lee Dongwook!" Jihyo made a dash for him as soon as he set his paper fan down. Upon seeing the running beauty, Dongwook opened his arms to hug her. Jihyo hugged him back and, in excitement, jumped to his arms.

"Good to see you, Dongwook. Happy New Year!" Jihyo said as soon as they let go of each other. She noticed Myuk PD and the VJ with a flustered expression. They had no idea that Jihyo and Dongwook were this close. The last time Dongwook guested on Running Man was during the Asia Race, and the two were friendly, but not to this extent.

"Same to you," Dongwook replied with a beam. His smile reached both his ears as he looked at Jihyo with a twinkle in his eyes. He missed his co-star since it's been a long time they saw each other after their drama filming ended.

"Uwa, look at you," Jihyo said as she held his arm. "We really are partners for today? You're really the guest?"

"Ne, don't you believe me?" Dongwook asked with a pout.

"Aniyo, aniyo," Jihyo said with a laugh. "It's just... it's really good to see you."

Dongwook and Jihyo suddenly became well aware of the presence of Myuk PD and the VJ. Jihyo blushed a little as Dongwook flashed a sheepish smile that showed of his pearly white teeth. To avoid being awkward, Jihyo offered her hand to Dongwook, which he took and shook her hand. They exchanged bows without letting each other's hand go.

Myuk PD cleared his throat as if to silently remind them that they were filming and not on a date. Jihyo took the hint and gave a small bow of apology to the PD.

Dongwook took the cue and looked sideways at Jihyo, admiring her natural beauty. "Why did we come all the way here?" he asked her.

"We're here to sightsee!" Jihyo joked excitedly as she surveyed their surroundings. Behind them, the coastal area was calm and serene. Jihyo looked over at Dongwook's direction and they made eye contact. The chemistry they shared from their drama seemed to carry on to the variety filming. Jihyo casually linked her arms with Dongwook's and pointed towards the sea. "Isn't it nice? Look over there." Jihyo exclaimed.

The pair walked arm in arm along the coastline, and they were followed inconspicuously by the crew.

"Jinja, I didn't know you'll come all the way here for Running Man," Jihyo said.

"I was told to keep it a secret from you," Dongwook replied with a big smile and looked at her. "I've really missed you, Jihyo."

"Nado," Jihyo answered back. "Ah, jankaman, we should take a selca..." she said as she tried to locate her phone in her back pocket. She took it out and held it in front of them. Jihyo smiled and made a v-sign while Dongwook leaned to her head and slightly smiled without showing his teeth.

"Oh, by the way, I actually have a Christmas present for you." 

"Jinja?" Jihyo said as she put her phone away. "Where is it?"

"I'll give it to you back in Seoul~" Dongwook said and stuck out his tongue to . "That way I can still see you after Running Man."

"Psshh," Jihyo said and hit him playfully in the arm. "Yaah, we need to greet the viewers for New Year."

"How about a grand bow for our viewers?" Dongwook suggested as they stop somewhere in the middle of the plaza.

"Right here?"

"Ne."

The pair faced the camera and kneeled down to give their grand bow for the viewers. I hope for a successful and healthy new year, and I hope to enjoy this day with Dongwook, Jihyo wished as she bowed. I wish for more blessings this year, and to have fun with Jihyo today, Dongwook wished in his head as he bowed. Their eyes met as they stood up. Dongwook noticed Jihyo having difficulties with standing up. He held her arm to support her in standing up.

"Please give a lot of support to Running Man, and to Dongwook as well," Jihyo said to the camera as they walked towards their assigned car to the parking lot. Dongwook was still holding her arm that, despite of her thick jacket, he could grab on to easily.

"Yaa," Dongwook called out to her. "You seem to have lost weight since we've last seen each other."

"Aniyo, Dongwook," Jihyo answered as they reached their assigned car. "I'm just really happy to see you. Jinja."