Back To Japan

It All Started With A Piece Of Cake

Hyoyeon is getting ready to sleep when someone knocks on her door.

“Who is it?” Hyoyeon asks. When she opened the door she was surprised.

“Omo! Sae, what are you doing here so late?” Hyoyeon asks.

Sae enters the house. “I need to talk to you.” She said and went straight to the living room.

Hyoyeon followed her.

“Why?” Hyoyeon asks.

“You’re our manager so you know who our boss is.” She said.

“N-Ne. Why?” Hyoyeon said.

“Is Kim Jaejoong the owner of Tohoshinki Cake Shop?” she asks.

Hyoyeon was startled. “S-Sae…”

“Is he our boss?!” she asks.

Hyoyeon nodded.

Sae sat on the couch. “You didn’t tell me?”

“Mian. You know our policy in the shop.” Hyoyeon said.

“You two made me a fool!” She said.

“Jae- I mean boss has a reason why he hides his identity.” Hyoyeon said. “Aren’t you happy? A rich guy fell in love to you?”

“Marrying a rich guy is the last thing I want to do.” She said.

“Sae, come on! I don’t see any big deal about boss hiding his true identity.” Hyoyeon said.

“It is a big deal to me.” Sae said and left.

Hyoyeon left dumbfounded in her house.

…………………………………………………….

On the next day…

“Good morning.” Sae greets Sooyoung.

Sae visits Sooyoung in the hospital.

“Good morning.” Sooyoung greets. She is on the bed with the baby. She just finished feeding the baby.

“Kawaii.” Sae said. “What’s her name?”

“I haven’t thought of it.” Sooyoung said.

Sae looks around. “Where are your parents?”

“They will be here later.” Sooyoung said.

“And Taisuke?” Sae asks.

Sooyoung sadly shook her head.

“He will be here.” Sae said.

“Sae, I’m sorry.” Sooyoung said.

“Why?” Sae asks.

“For stealing away Taisuke from you.” Sooyoung said.

“I totally forget about it.” Sae said. “Taisuke and I are not meant to be. You and Taisuke are meant to be.”

“But what if he never comes back?” Sooyoung asks.

“He will be back. He loves you and your baby so much.” Sae said.

“How about you and Jaejoong?” Sooyoung asks.

“What about us?” Sae asks.

“I heard from the landlord that you found out Jaejoong’s identity.” Sooyoung said.

“You knew his identity?” Sae asks.

“Aniyo but I have a hint that he is hiding something. Korean can’t live in our apartment building unless he is close to the landlord or he uses money and I think he is both.” Sooyoung said. “Do you know why Jaejoong did that?”

“To get close to me?” Sae asks.

“That’s one of his reasons.” Sooyoung said. “I don’t know Jaejoong well since I didn’t have a chance to talk to him but when I found out about his identity I think I know the reason why he did that to you.”

“What?” Sae asks.

“Jaejoong loves you so much that he chose to hide his real identity so you will love him because he is an ordinary Kim Jaejoong not the rich Kim Jaejoong.” Sooyoung said.

“Whether he is rich or not, he can’t marry Sae.” It was Daniel.

“Do you really intend to follow me around?” Sae asks.

“I got a call from your mom.” Daniel said.

“What about her?” Sae asks.

Daniel whispered something to her.

“Are you serious? Is it not part of her acting?” Sae asks.

Daniel nodded.

“Sae, gwenchana?” Sooyoung asks.

“N-Ne.” Sae said. “I-I need to leave. Mian, Sooyoung.”

“It’s okay. Thanks for the visit.” Sooyoung said.

…………………………………………………….

Japan…

Sae and Daniel went to Japan without telling to others except Sayaka. They went straight to the hospital.

“Mama! Mama!” Sae is calling her mother.

They enter a private room. Sae saw her mother lying on the bed with a cast on her right leg.

“My baby girl is here.” Mrs. Miyazawa said.

“What happened?” Sae asks.

“I was driving my car when another car bumped me.” Mrs. Miyazawa said.

“How’s your leg? What does the doctor said?” Sae asks.

“I just need to rest my right leg for months.” Mrs. Miyazawa said. “But I have a problem.”

“What?” Sae asks.

“I can’t manage our business for a while. I have lots of schedules and because of my injured leg, I can’t work.” Mrs. Miyazawa said.

“Do you want me to replace you for a while?” Sae asks.

“Is that ok?” Mrs. Miyazawa said.

“Fine but this is just only for temporary.” Sae said.

“Thank you, my baby girl.” Mrs. Miyazawa said.

Sae doesn’t want to manage their company but she has no choice but to help her mother for a while.

…………………………………………………….

“Eh?!!! You’re going to manage your company? But what about here?” Sayaka is talking to Sae on the handphone at work.

“I am sending my resignation letter one of these days.”

“Resignation? Why? You could just file a leave.”

“I don’t think I can go back there anymore.”

“Why? Is it because about Jaejoong? Hyoyeon told me.”

“After knowing that he’s the owner of the shop, I don’t think I can continue working there.”

“Sae, do you think you are making the issue a big deal? And so if Jaejoong lied? He did that so he can make sure that he wants the woman he will love is not after his money. You also lied to him by hiding your identity because of the same reason.”

“How can I marry him if he is a rich man?”

“But you’re going to marry Henney.”

“I am not going to marry that guy.”

“Accepting to work in your company means that you are agreeing to marry him.”

“Those two are not related.”

“Yes they are. Why would your mom wants you to marry Henney without a purpose?”

“It is for business but our company is in a good condition. Our company doesn’t need his company’s help.”

“Don’t be so sure. You’ve been gone from Japan for so long. You don’t know what’s going on in your company.”

“Whatever happens I won’t let myself marry him.”

“Well, good luck. I’ll call the other 8 Gals members to watch over you.”

“Thanks for your concern, Sayaka.”

“Yeah.”

…………………………………………………….

Sae went out to visits her friend Takamina but unfortunately Takamina isn’t in her house. Sae is bored and she wants to go out before she starts working in their company tomorrow.

While walking around the street, she saw a convenient store. She enters the store and bought a snack.

She is going to sit when she saw a familiar person that is sitting alone while drinking coffee.

“Taisuke?” Sae asks.

The person turns around and he was shocked to see her.

“Sae, why are you here?” Taisuke asks.

“I should be the one asking you that.” Sae said while sitting on the other chair. “Why are you here when your wife and your baby is in another country?”

“I feel ashamed.” He said. “After Sooyoung gave birth to our child, Jaejoong asked someone to do the test and the result is I am the father. I should have trust my wife. Now, I can’t face her.”

Sae sighed. “Taisuke, Sooyoung is waiting for you. She needs you right now. She can’t take care the baby alone. You just apologize to her and everything will be alright.”

“Is it true?” he asks.

“I talked to Sooyoung before I went here. She is waiting for you.” She said.

“I should get a ticket back to South Korea.” He said.

“Sae-chan!” it was Chiyuu with Acchan and Takamina.

“Sae-chan, why didn’t you tell me that you are here?” Chiyuu asks while rubbing her cheeks to Sae’s cheeks.

“Hey! If hadn’t Sayaka called us to watch over you, we wouldn’t know that you’re here.” Takamina said.

“Sae-chan, is it true that you will take over the business of your family?” Chiyuu asks.

“H-Hai.” Sae said.

“Sae, I think I’d better go.” Taisuke said.

The three girls look at him.

“Who is he?” Acchan asks.

“Girls, he is Taisuke. Taisuke, they are my friends, Tomomi, Atsuko and Minami.” Sae said.

“Is he your ex?” Acchan asks.

Sae nodded.

Takamina suddenly changed her expressions. “So, you’re the guy who dumped our friend.” Takamina said in a serious tone.

“Takamina, take it easy. What happened between me and Taisuke are done. We are friends now.” Sae said.

“Ah, is that so?” Takamina asks. “Nice to meet you, Taisuke.” Takamina’s expression changed again. She became friendly now.

Acchan rolled her eyes and shook her head because of Takamina’s attitude.

“I’d better go.” Taisuke said.

“Sure. Take care of Sooyoung and your baby.” Sae said.

“Hai.” He said and left.

“Are you really serious about taking over the business?” Acchan asks after Taisuke left.

“Hai. Mama can’t work because of the accident and as her only daughter I need to help her.” Sae said.

“But what about your and Sayaka’s freedom?” Takamina asks while eating Sae’s snacks.

“I guess my freedom has finally ended.” Sae said.

“Then, you are going to marry Henney?” Acchan asks.

“I guess so.” Sae said.

“But what about Kojiharu?” Acchan asks.

“I talked to her and she’s happy that Daniel will be marrying one of her friends.” Sae said.

Chiyuu, Acchan and Takamina doubt about it but they didn’t tell it Sae.

…………………………………………………….

“I don’t know Acchan but I have a feeling that we need to arrange a meeting of 8 Gals minus Sae and Kojiharu.” Takamina said while walking back home with Acchan.

“But what about Sayaka? She’s not here.” Acchan asks.

“We can visit her in her work with the others.” Takamina said and smiled.

Acchan smiled.

…………………………………………………….

“Welcome to Tohoshinki Cake Shop!” Paruru greets. “Eh? AKB48?” Paruru shook her head. “I mean 8 Gals?”

“Paruru! How are you?” Tomochin asks.

Sayaka came out from the kitchen. “Eh? What are you doing here and how did you know Paruru?”

“Have you forgotten? Paruru is my childhood best friend.” Tomochin said.

Sayaka’s eyes widened. “She’s the girl you are always telling us when we were in high school? The girl that always tricked her classmates and bullied others?”

Tomochin nodded.

“Liar.” Sayaka said.

“But I am telling the truth.” Tomochin said.

“She is way different than the girl you are always talking about.” Sayaka said.

“But I think she never changed, right Paruru?” Tomochin said.

Paruru nodded.

“Anyway, why are you here?” Sayaka asks.

“We need to talk about Kojiharu and Sae.” Yuko said.