Waiting For You

It All Started With A Piece Of Cake

“Hyo, later pack your things and go back to Eunhyuk.” Sayaka said. They are at the cake shop.

“You left Eunhyuk? Since when?” Yoona asks.

“A month ago.” Sayaka said.

“Eh? And you didn’t tell me? I’m your girl friend.” Yoona said.

“Mian. I knew you will get mad if I told you.” Hyoyeon said.

“And you stayed in Sayaka and Sae’s house?” Yoona asks.

Hyoyeon nodded.

“Pack your things and go to my apartment.” Yoona said.

“Ne.” Hyoyeon said.

“Sayaka, I don’t see Sae.” Paruru said.

That day is one of the special days that Paruru is not daydreaming.

“She went out to answer the call. I think it is important.” Sayaka said.

…………………………………………………….

After a while, Sae came back with her shoulders down and her face looks worried.

“ Sae, what’s wrong?” Hyoyeon asks.

Sayaka stops what her doing and looks at Sae.

“Sae.” Sayaka worriedly said.

Sayaka pulls Sae towards the locker room.

“Did something happen?” Sayaka asks.

Sae nodded.

“Are you going back?” Sayaka asks.

“I need to.” Sae said.

Sayaka sighed. “Let’s ask Hyo to talk to our boss so he will let you go for a while.” Sayaka said.

Hyoyeon is the only one that can talk to their boss.

Sayaka and Sae go back to the shop.

“Why are you suddenly going back to Japan?” Hyoyeon asks.

“My mom is sick and I need to be there.” Sae said.

“I understand. I’ll call boss right away.” Hyoyeon said.

…………………………………………………….

Sae and Sayaka are walking back to their apartment from their work when they saw Jaejoong.

“Konnichiwa!” Jaejoong greets in Japanese.

Sayaka just smiled but Sae ignored him.

“What’s wrong?” Jaejoong asks.

“I’ll go ahead.” Sae said and left the two.

“Did something happen to Sae?” Jaejoong asks.

“Her mom is sick and she needs to go back to Japan.” Sayaka said.

“Eh? Is she going back here after?” Jaejoong asks.

“I don’t know.” Sayaka said.

“I want to talk to her.” Jaejoong said.

“Not now.” Sayaka said. “She needs to pack her things.”

“Ok. But I will talk to her tomorrow.” Jaejoong said.

“Thanks for understanding, Jae.” Sayaka said.

“I always understand her.” Jaejoong said.

…………………………………………………….

On the next day, Sae went out to get her plane ticket to Japan. She is now going back to the apartment when she saw Jaejoong at the park.

“What are you doing there?” Sae asks.

Jaejoong is sitting on the swing.

“Waiting for you. I went to the cake shop but you’re not there so I decided to wait for you.” He said.

“Why are you waiting for me?” Sae asks.

“Sayaka told me that you’re leaving.” He said.

“She’s right. I am going back to Japan tomorrow.” Sae said.

“When will you be back here?” he asks.

“I don’t know. Maybe I won’t be back.” Sae said.

“Don’t say that. I’ll wait for you.” He said.

“Why?” she asks.

“Because I love you.” He said.

Sae was speechless after hearing Jaejoong’s sudden confession.

‘He loves me? Why? How? When? Where?’ she thought.

“Do you know what you are talking about?” she asks.

“I love you. Saranghae. Aiemasu. Wo Ai Ni. Mahal kita.” He said in different languages.

“I… I… I’m speechless.” Sae said.

“You don’t need to say anything.” He said. “I am just telling you what I feels and I am willing to wait for your come back.”

Sae doesn’t understand what she feels but her heart is skipping and she likes what she hears from Jaejoong.  Does it mean she is falling in love to him?

“Promise me that you will be back.” Jaejoong said.

“Promise.” Sae said.

…………………………………………………….

Narita Airport…

Sae is walking out of the airport when a limousine stops at her front. The driver goes out of the limousine and opens the back door of the limousine.

“Miyazawa Sae?” a handsome guy asks.

“H-Hai…” Sae answered. She doesn’t know the guy.

“I’m Daniel Henney. Your mother asked me to take you to her.” He said.

“My mom? Where is she?” She asks.

“In your mansion.” He said. “Let’s go?”

“H-Hai…” she said and gets on the limousine but she is thinking why is her mom in their mansion.

…………………………………………………….

Miyazawa’s Mansion…

“My baby girl! Finally, you’re back.” Mrs. Miyazawa said when Sae enters the mansion.

“What’s this? I thought you’re sick.” Sae asks.

“It is just a lie to make you go back here.” Mrs. Miyazawa said.

“What the-” Sae was fooled. Her mother is not sick and she makes up a lie so her daughter will go back.

“My plan worked!” Mrs. Miyazawa said. “Our plan worked, Daniel.”

“Who is he?” Sae asks.

“Haven’t Daniel introduce himself to you?” Mrs. Miyazawa asks.

“I already know his name but how did you met him?” Sae said.

“He’s the heir of Henney’s Company and he will be your future husband.” Mrs. Miyazawa said.

Sae’s eyes widened with shock.

“Oh my. My baby girl is shock.” Mrs. Miyazawa said. “How about you two talk in the garden and I will bring you snacks there?”

Mrs. Miyazawa pushed Sae towards the garden while Daniel Henney followed.

“I want an explanation.” Sae said after her shocked. She and Daniel are in the garden while her mom is in the kitchen.

“It seems that you still don’t know that my dad and your mom are ex-couple. My dad married another woman that his parents arranged and same goes to your mom. Because my dad can’t marry your mom they decided that their children will get married to each other.” Daniel said.

“Arrange married. Arranged married. Arrange married don’t exist anymore.” Sae said. “I left Japan so I can do what I want to do.”

“Like working in a cake shop in South Korea?” Daniel asks.

“How did you know? My mom doesn’t know it.” Sae said. Ever since she and Sayaka left Japan, Sae never tell to her parents where she has been or where she is working. She only calls her during holidays.

Daniel took something out of his pocket. “This is yours, right?”

Sae blinks her eyes and stares at the pink wallet that Daniel holding.

“That’s my wallet. Where did you get that?” Sae asks.

“One night in Seoul, I was waiting for a taxi at the front of the restaurant and when I get inside the taxi a woman get inside too. She is crying that she didn’t notice it-”

“Stop! Stop! Stop! I don’t want to hear it.” Sae said.

“You remember now?” Daniel asks.

“Thanks to you I remember everything how my ex-boyfriend dumped me in our first anniversary.” Sae bitterly said.

“Sorry.” Daniel said.

“It’s ok but it doesn’t mean that I am going to marry you.” Sae said. “Don’t you have a girlfriend?”

“I have but she left me after she found out that I am arranged to marry someone.” Daniel said.

“You don’t love her.” Sae said.

“I love her.” Daniel said.

“You don’t. If you love her you will not let her leave you.” Sae said.

“But what about you? You left your ex-boyfriend, right?” Daniel asks.

“He left me because he doesn’t love me and he just used me to forget his ex-girlfriend and now he and his ex-girlfriend are living as a family with their soon to be baby.” Sae said. “We’re different so don’t compare my ex-boyfriend to your ex-girlfriend.”

“I say that I love her enough that I need to let her go too because if I do what I want and marry her, she will suffer from my parents.” Daniel said.

“You are a coward. You can’t protect your love one from the others.” Sae said and left Daniel alone.

Mrs. Miyazawa came with the snacks.

“Where’s my daughter?” Mrs. Miyazawa asks.

“She left.” Daniel said.

…………………………………………………….

Sae walks around. She misses Japan so much.

“Eh? Sae-chan?” someone said from Sae’s back.

Sae turns around. “Oh? Acchan! Takamina!” Sae said.

“When did you arrive? Is Sayaka with you?” the short girl with a ribbon on her hair asks.

“She’s still in South Korea.” Sae said. “Wow! You are still small, Takamina.”

“Aiyee! I will never get taller.” Takamina said.

“Acchan, how are you? I’m glad that you are not in the jail anymore.” Sae said.

Acchan was put in the jail after almost killing the girlfriend of her ex-boyfriend.

“My dad found a way so I can get out.” Acchan said.

“Have you still in contact with the others?” Sae asks.

Sae and Sayaka are in the group called 8 Gals meaning 8 girls, they are born rich but they want to live in a normal way.

“We still contact and see each other.” Takamina said.

Sae sighed. “I hope I can see them again before I go back to South Korea.” Sae said.

“Well, Yuko’s day-off today from her work at the mall. Tomochin and Chiyuu are probably in their Cat’s Eye Café while Kojiharu is working in their company.” Takamina said.

“Kojiharu is working in their company?” Sae asks.

“Hai. She has no choice. She really wants to be the owner of a spa but her father got sick and now bedridden, she has no choice but to manage their business.” Takamina said.

“We can go to Cat’s Eye Café and ask Yuko and Kojiharu to go there, too.” Acchan said.

“Great idea.” Sae said.

…………………………………………………….

Cat’s Eye Café…

“Welcome to Cat’s Eye.” The waiter greets.

Takamina shows the Pink VIP card to the waiter.

“This way please.” The waiter said and leads them to the third floor.

Sae saw the sign at the door on the 3rd floor.

EXCLUSIVE FOR PINK VIP

“What’s Pink VIP?” Sae asks.

“Pink VIP. It’s us.” Acchan said.

“No one is allowed to be the Pink VIP. Only the member of 8 Gals is allowed.” Takamina said.

“We are all member of Pink VIP. You and Sayaka just need to get your card.” Acchan said.

They enter a room. Sae was surprised when she saw the room. All of their memories when they were young are there. Pictures, letters, etc…

“This looks like our room in high school.” Sae said. She’s talking about their club room in high school. “Even our sofa is here.”

“Tomochin and Chiyuu took all our things in the club room and brought here. A day after they took out all the things, the school building burned.” Acchan said.

“Luckily all our things are gone before it happened. We have so many memories in our club room.” Sae said.

“Eh? I thought I heard wrong. I thought I was hallucinating when I heard Sae’s voice from the door.” It was Yuko.

“How are you?” Sae asks.

“Yah… I should be the one asking you that. How are you and where’s Sayaka?” Yuko said.

“Mom fooled me so I can go back here.” Sae said. “Sayaka was left in South Korea.”

“Is Kojiharu coming?” Acchan asks.

“I called her. She said she’s in the middle of meeting but I think she is probably on her way here now. You know her, once we call her even if she’s in the middle of the meeting or out of the country she will come no matter what.” Yuko said.

“She’s the boss.” Takamina said.

“Sae-chan, tell auntie thanks for fooling you.” Yuko said. “I should call Sayaka’s mom and fool Sayaka too so she will be here too.”

“Try that and Sayaka will kill you.” Sae said.

“Sae-chan!!!” Chiyuu screamed before running towards Sae.

“So this is the reason why you gals came here.” Tomochin said.

“Sae-chan, I miss you.” Chiyuu said while rubbing her face to Sae’s chest.

“Chiyuu, I should be the one doing that.” Yuko said.

“ert Yuko.” Tomochin said. “Good thing you didn’t touch the customer’s s in the mall.”

“I can’t do that. I will get fired.” Yuko said.

“What is your work in the mall?” Sae asks.

“Saleslady.” Yuko said. “Don’t laugh! I always wanted to be a saleslady.”

“I am not. I and Sayaka are working at the cake shop.”

“What’s the name?” Chiyuu asks.

“Tohoshinki.” Sae said.

“Eh? Tohoshinki? That cake shop is very famous here not only because the cakes are the delicious but also the owner is very handsome.” Tomochin said.

“Have you seen him?” Acchan asks.

“Hai.” Tomochin said.

“I never saw our boss not even once.” Sae said.

“Really? The rumors are true.” Tomochin said.

“What rumors?” Sae asks.

“The owner of the Tohoshinki Cake Shop never showed his face to his employees. He will visit his shop in disguise so he knows if his employees are doing their job right.” Tomochin said.

“Then, he must be visited our shop without us knowing.” Sae said. “Do you have his picture?”

“Hai! I managed to take a picture of him when we are in a party.” Tomochin said.

She took out her handphone and shows the picture to them.

“Oh! He’s really handsome.” The girls said.

Sae looks at the picture. “Yeah I agree. He’s handsome.” Sae said.

“Have you seen him in your shop?” Takamina asks.

“No.” Sae said.

“What are you doing there?” Kojiharu asks.

“Wow! You look different.” Sae said.

Kojiharu is wearing business attire with matching eyeglasses.

“Sae! Good to see you again.” Kojiharu said. “Don’t mind my look. I just need to be like this for the sake of the company.”

“Oh I miss this!” Takamina said. “Chatting with all of you. Only if Sayaka is here, the 8 Gals is complete.”

“We will be complete again someday.” Sae said.