Back at the Academy

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 40

BACK AT THE ACADEMY

There were several black cars in front of the palace with guards surrounding them while the maids were busy loading some luggages in the car. Yoona who was watching by the window did not have any idea that she has a lot of clothes to bring in the academy. It must be the princess’ doing. She thought and it would be best if she would not think too much about her unnie’s antics.

Remembering what had happened in these past few weeks after that night made her feel disgusted and worthless. She balled her fist tightly as she looked upon her reflection in the mirror. There were no visible wounds, no scars and not even a scratch had appeared but underneath her clothes was an ugly reminder of what had transpired for the past two and a half months after the King died and she could not wait to get out of this hellish place even for just temporarily. She had to thank the late king for that because she knew that the king purposely enrolled her in the academy to protect her from the darkness that slowly engulfing her.

A pair of arms sneaked in her waist suddenly pulling and wrapping her body as closely as possible. Cold chill seeped through Yoona’s body as she knew who exactly the person behind her. Yoona could fully identify the fragrant smell of the princess’ skin as it was exactly the same smell she was forced to have. The soft silk like blonde hair of the princess brushed her shoulder.

“I’m gonna miss you, Yoongie” the princess whispered softly behind her as she was being hugged possessively.

Yoona did not utter a word and instead, she was shooting a dagger look at the princess’ reflection in front of her. Savannah who was watching her reaction at the mirror smirked and forcibly turned Yoona to face her. Savannah held her tight and cupped her face before kissing her savoring the last moment she would have with the young girl until graduation.

“You know, two years is a long time” Savannah said breathlessly between kisses as Yoona just let the Princess to avoid unnecessary punishments. Yoona would just imagine that it was Yuri who she was kissing with no matter what.

“After you graduate and get out of that stupid academy, I’ll make sure that your “love of your life” as you quote it will not come near you again alive. So, don’t ever try and do something ridiculous, Yoongie” Savannah warned Yoona while plastering a joyful smile towards her. Yoona narrowed her eyes but remained quiet. For now, silence was the best weapon.

“Are you two lovebirds finished?” Jessie said barging in the room with a smirk on her face. Yoona just ignored the look the girl was giving her and followed the Princess outside. Savannah will take Yoona personally in the academy and as much as Yoona wanted to oppose, she had no say in anything.

As Yoona followed the Princess outside, she had noticed the large number of guards around the palace. This must be because of what had happened to the King inside the palace, Yoona thought.

Savannah, Yoona and Jessie entered the limo with Yoona sitting beside Savannah while Jessie was in front of her still had that look towards her and so, the car sped off to the airport.

*******

                                                                                                                                 

A few hours have passed and it was miraculously to say that the flight had been nothing but peaceful. Jessie went to a separate car for a separate way while Yoona and the Princess drove straight to the academy.

As soon as they have approached the large tall gate, Yoona immediately identified the principal with some of the professors and guards behind him.

They have come to a complete stop and Savannah got out first followed by Yoona. The princess then held Yoona’s bandaged hand possessively not bothered at all if everyone would see. Surprisingly, no one was bothered or even reacted at how showy the Princess was.

“We welcome you once again Princess to our Academy” The Principal said as he and the others bowed respectfully and after all the formalities, they were led in the principal’s office.  The princess did not want any kind of ceremonies when she visited the academy and just stated what she came for before going back to the palace. The schedule of their arrival was carefully planned for the students to be all in the classroom.

Savannah got straight to the point and ordered everyone to treat Yoona like how they treated a royal. Of course, everyone was surprised at this even Yoona. However when all of them received a deadly glare from the Princess, no one opposed her.  

“What are you trying to do, unnie?” Yoona asked with suspicion towards the Princess when they were finally alone in the office while the authorities prepared all the orders of the royal member.

“Exactly what I should be doing, Yoona. Showing everyone that you are mine” Savannah said as she looked at the young girl sitting in front of her as she sipped her red wine.

Savannah noticed the slouch posture and worn out expression of Yoona, the girl was indeed at her breaking point. She had done everything she could to fully break the young girl but expectedly, Yoona held her stand. But not for long, the doe eyed girl had no idea how different everything would be.

*******

 

Hyori, who was the assigned professor for Yuri’s class, was currently demonstrating how a chemical reaction occurs. One of her student assistant, Taeyeon was assisting her in front as the whole class watched in awe as one material had changed in color, form and structure using different forms of chemicals. Students’ attention was in front except Yuri who was staring outside the window ever since classes restarted. Hyori subtly glanced at her but just sighed inwardly, there was nothing they could do but wait. By the time the demonstration was about to finish, three knock were suddenly heard.

“Come in !” Hyori said giving permission to whomever the person outside the classroom to enter.

“I apologize for the intrusion, professor. We are just here to usher Yoona to her class” The principal said with a tense smile as he motioned the people outside to enter.

Yuri hearing the name of Yoona immediately sat straight as she watched the person she longed to see. She smiled as Yoona made an eye contact with her , for some reason Yoona could easily sense Yuri. By then the princess had entered the class too beside Yoona in which had earned a frown from Yuri and a shocked from all the students.

“ I personally apologize for the intrusions, Hyori. I just want to drop Yoona off for her class” Savannah said smiling as she wrapped her arm around Yoona’s shoulder which caught the attention of the whole class as it was too intimate especially when Savannah purposefully rested her head on Yoona’s shoulder.

Yoona was tensed knowing that everyone was watching and Yuri was seeing all of the closeness.

“No need for an apology princess, we just finished with a demonstration and wrapping up the discussion. Welcome to the academy. Yoona, why don’t you get back to your seat now” Hyori said as she subtly helped Yoona to get away from the Princess seeing how uncomfortable Yoona was with all the unwanted attention.

“Yes, thank you professor” Yoona politely said grateful for Hyori in helping her. Yoona was about to get away but Savannah grabbed her hand and secretly tighten her grip which was unnoticed by everyone except Hyori who was close to them.

“I guess I have to say goodbye for the meantime, Yoongie” Savannah said as she pulled the young girl close to her and kiss her on the lips. Yoona’s eyes widen at the bold action of the princess just like everyone in the room. She then was hugged after the kiss and she could feel Savannah’s hot breath on her ear.

“One trivia. Remember that Choi Hwee Sung? I wonder how would that Choi Sooyoung would react if she found out that her friend was the actual killer of her own grandfather” Savannah menacingly whispered to her. Yoona somewhat became paled at the sudden information. Unknowingly, Yoona desperately held onto Savannah’s arm for support just as the Princess was about to release her from the hug.

Savannah smirked at the reaction from Yoona. Fear. The only feeling she knew that was useful to control Yoona while she was around and she would use it in every possible way.

“Everything will be different from now on, Yoongie. And I’m sure the academy will treat you nicely. After all, aren’t we just the same” Savannah said clearly delivery an underlying message to Yoona.

“You Psych—“ Yoona did not even finish as Savannah kissed her again and looked at her in the eyes.

“You are mine. Remember that” The Princess said softly but loud enough for everyone to hear. Satisfied to make a point who Yoona was to her, she then bid goodbye to everyone inside the classroom.

As soon as the Princess got out of the room, whispers and murmurs erupted. Hyori silenced them and called Yoona to take her seat but the girl just stared the door the princess exited.

Hyori called Yoona three times to catch her attention but the girl just stared at the door. Hyori sighed and put her hand on Yoona’s shoulders which made Yoona jumped a few feet away.

“Yoona, Are you ok ?” Hyori asked surprised by how the girl had reacted to her touch.

“Ah, .. Yes. Sorry ,I kinda spaced out, professor” Yoona politely said and Hyori repeated her instruction to Yoona to  take her seat. She then proceeded and silently sat on her seat without making an eye contact with everyone.

“Everything will be different from now on”

To Be Continued.

Alright, not my best chapter but please bear with me. Love and Friendship will be put to test in the future.