A Felling of Familiarity

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 30

A FEELING OF FAMILIARITY


"What are you doing here, unnie?" Yoona asked surprised to see the princess in the academy and at her room.

"I want to surprise you. You have no idea how bored I was in the palace" the princess then released Yoona from her hug but still holding both the side of the girl's arms smiling brightly.

Yoona in returned just smiled a little. Savannah frowned at this.


"What's wrong ? Are you sick?" She asked putting her hand on Yoona's forehead.

 Yoona shook her head.


"No, I . I am just tired. There are so many things that are happening lately" Yoona vaguely answered.


"Is that why you've been crying ?" Savannah asked showing concern.


"Crying?" She asked then touched her cheek feeling the wetness from her tears. She did not know that she had been cryijng.

"How pathetic!? " Yoona let out a bitter laugh.


"Yoona" Savannah called her with concern.


Yoona did not reply and just hugged the princess with her chin resting on the princess’ shoulder.
Savannah was surprised by the sudden gesture of Yoona but nonetheless, she did not let go.


"Don't tell me you're lonely without me huh"Savannah jokingly asked.


Yoona smiled secretlty at the nook of the princess' neck because of her lame joke.


"I am just tired. A lot had happened today and maybe I just got emotional" Yoona said sofly. She was now resting her forehead on her unnie's.

 

This gesture was normal for them well, more like Yoona used to this kind of closeness

.
"I really like it when we are like this" Savannah said.


Meanwhile...


Th principal took his most precious bottled of whiskey and pour the contents into two glasses with ice.


"You coming here is understandable but why bring the princess?" The principal said to the man as he handed the other glass to him.


"Savannah is very precious child to me, as much as possible I want her to be on my side to this whole propaganda" Ji soo said.


"Exposing her at this early may jeopardize our plan."


"Savannah is the key in all this."


"But-" the principal wanted to reason out but he saw the look Ji Soo was giving him. It was like the man was ready to kill him at his very own office if he said something more.
Then, his right arm felt numb. He looked at it and was horrified that it was becoming stiff as it turned into stone.


"I did not put you in this position to tell me what you think, you do what I told you to do. No more, no less. Got that? " Ji soo threatened him.


The princial nodded afraid to agitate more the man in front of him.


Park Ji Soo smiled satisfactorily before drawing a blood from his own and put it in a shot glass.


"Drink this. Your arm will heal and your senses on your arm will be back in no time" he said handing it over to him.


Shakingly, the principal took the shot glass carefully by his unstone hand but before he could drink it.


Park Ji Soo grabbed his right hand.


"Wha-what are you doing?" The principal lamely asked as he tried to pull his arm away from the man.

He could only make a little effort as he was carefully holding the small glass on his hand.

 

Afraid that the man will not give him another cure.


"I just want something to remember this by." he smirked evily as two  snapped were heard.


Shakingly, the principal looked down the floor and was horrified to see his two stoned fingers detached from his arm.


He was beyond terrified. He has done things that he was never proud of but he did not deserve this monstrous act.


Ji soo smiled satisfied by the reaction that he was receiving. He always enjoyed the power he has against others. Fear is the most powerful weapon he could have and he will use this to the extent until he gets what he is longing for a long time.


Ji soo walked out of the office like nothing happened.


As soon as Ji Soo walked out of the room, he reluctantly drinks the disgusting liquid. Slowly, his arm is getting back to normal from the stone looking arm, it was turning into the flesh arm just like how it was before but then as his fingers were now turning into flesh, a gush of blood suddenly squirted because of the lack of two fingers.


He closed his eyes trying to bear the deadly pain.

Normal POV


Yuri was walking alone in the hallway wondering why Yoona did not attend the class. She sent a message but there was no reply from her.


She then decided to go to Yoona's room in the afternoon to check up on her. She wanted to go to her room now but she does not have the courage yet to face Yoona after their last talk last night.


She looked at her phone and sighed loudly.


Still got no reply.


"Hey Yul, wanna go to the class together?" Hyoyeon asked as she ran up to her.


"Yeah sure" Yuri smiled.


"How is Seohyun by the way? I heard she did not come to the class" Yuri said trying to make a conversation.


"She's alright, I told her to rest for awhile. She exhausted her power and the force from explosion really takes a toll on her body. I heard that you and Sooyoung got in a little bit of misunderstanding during the mission" Hyoyeon said.


"Yeah, I kinda blame her and shouted at her. I already apologized to her awhile ago in class. I just got worried at Yoona that I turned into a hysterical girlfriend" Yuri said.


"Yes, you really do. Hahaha, well I couldn't blame you. I am like that to Seohyun too. She is like a younger sister to me" Hyoyeon said as she tapped Yuri's back for comfort.


"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Have you heard ? There will be a gala dinner later, All the students and school authorities are required to join" Hyoyeon excitedly asked.


"Yeah, I wonder why so sudden. The school does not normally host this kind of gathering"


"I don't care as long as there is a party , I am definitely in" Hyoyeon grinned aat Yuri.


"But being a loner in a party is not good on your image" Yuri teased.


"Yah! Who cares if I am single? At least I'm ready mingle, you know. I am not stuck to one" Hyoyeon said as she wiggled her eyebrows implying on something.


Yuri rolled her eyes playfully.


"Been there , done that. I have my eyes on one person only" Yuri said thinking about Yoona that brought a smile in her face.


"You are seriously in love. How I wish that Tayeon and Tiffany are in the same situation you and Yoona have" Hyoyeon said.


"It's not that easy as you think it is, Hyo. Trust me, we are more complicated than those two" Yuri said.


Hyoyeon looked at her questioningly. She was about asked Yuri what does she mean when she saw Yoona walking towards them smiling widely.


Yoona confidently walked towards them.


"Hi Hyo, where's Seo? !" Yoona greeted Hyoyeon first.


"She's resting. How come you were not in class awhile ago?"


"I was busy on something" Yoona answered as she looked at Yuri. Her eyes brighten and Yuri strangely looked at her.


"You look happy. Have you won a lottery or something?" Yuri joked.


Yoona grinned as she shook her head.


Yoona traced Yuri's arm with her finger up and down.


Yuri shivered at the flirting gesture. Yoona eyes became bright seeing Yuri's reaction. Seeing the effect she has on her girlfriend.


"I just couldn't wait for tonight's event. Aren't you two excited!?" Yoona inquired.


"Hell Yeah , I'm excited ! The party better be fun or else. I'll make it fun in my own terms" Hyoyeon said .


Yoona grinned.


"Let's see each other tonight Yul, there is someone I want to introduce to you" Yoona excitedly said.


Yuri furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.


"Who?" She asked.


"It's a secret. Don't worry I am sure you'll get along" Yoona said.


She looked at her watch and notice the time.


"Oh, it's almost 3pm. I gotta go. I'll see you two tonight" she said as she bid goodbye to Hyoyeon and kiss Yuri's cheek as she ran off after.


"Wow. Yoona sure is in a good mood today" Hyoyeon said observing the girl running off somewhere. Yuri could only nod.
---
Yoona walked through the hallways. She did not do anything special today just accompany her unnie in touring outside the campus. But then, she was surprised when someone pulled her at the side.


"There is nothing much to see in here" the princess said as soon as she grabbed Yoona and linked her arm to her.

"Indeed your highness, the city is much more entertaining than here. Our school is located in the outside city center so that the students will stay away from the temptations lurking around the city" the principal explained remaining her distance at the principal with respect.

Yoona took notice of the principal's injured hand but did not say anything just like everyone else pretending like there is nothing wrong in the principal's hand.

"I agree, Good thing you are in good hands here Yoon. If I were you, I will be bored here" Savannah said as she turned her attention to Yoona.


Yoona just agreed silently. Minus the initial bullying, everything went smoothly for her and in fact, she was enjoying her time in the campus.


"Want to go in the city?" The princess asked grinning.


Yoona shrugged her shoulders gesturing that anything will do for her.


"Why not?" Yoona smiled.


It seems that her unnie thought of something mischievous to do.


Whatever it was, she surely be signing up because among the things that she like about the princess was her being unpredictable as well as her definition of fun.


"What do you want to do ? " Yoona inquired.


Savannah grinned playfully; "I want to go to the supermarket"


Yoona unbelievably looked at her. Savannah said that she was serious and she wanted to know what kind of life there is outside the palace.


The principal reluctant at first agreed to the demand of the princess.


The princess then disguised herself wearing a cap to not be recognized by other people with Yoona accompanying beside her. There were also guard but due to the request of the princess, they remained their distance away from the two.


So, the two went in the city.

 

Roaming around until they found a supermarket.


"What could we possibly do here, unnie?" Yoona asked still curious why Savannah chose the kind of place.


"I'm thinking that we should have "Slumber party" as they called it." Savannah said.


"And we are here because...?"


Savannah grinned, " We are going to buy some cheap alcohol and snack for the two us. You know something unsual drink aside from the ones we have in the palace"


“Slumber party for only the two of us is not that fun, do you want me to invite my friends? And by the way, How did you get an idea to shop here?" Yoona said as the two entered the supermarket with Savannah lowering her hat to avoid other shoppers from seeing her face.


Savannah shook her head.


"I want it to be just you and me. I can't wait for you to go back at the palace after you graduate. It is a torture to be away from you" Savannah said looking sincerely at Yoona.

 

When her uncle invited her to go to Korea , she did not ask for her father's approval and immediately agreed. One of the reasons why she wanted to come with her uncle was to see Yoona, other reasons come to second.


Yoona was glad to see her unnie in the academy.

 

When she first saw her at her doorstep, she felt at ease knowing that at times of her confusion, the princess was there as a reminder that it did not matter what she was before she lost her memories, A feeling of weird familiarity surrounds her unnie.


But the question is what will happen in her life after she graduate?

Will she go back to the palace or look what is outside the palace? Questions flooded her future; Past was hunting her to look for something she cannot explain. But her present has helped her to discover and learn not just about herself but the world she revolves in.

When that time is near, she will surely have answers to her questions but for now, Yoona just wanted to live everything up.


She then grabbed a couple of bottles and food ingredients at the supermarket shelves and put it in their cart. The princess grinned.


"I'll cook something delicious for you, unnie" Yoona said showing her excitement in spending time with the princess.


"Yes! You have no idea how I miss your cooking" Savannah said as she helped Yoona get the right stuffs.

 They were like that for a couple of hours, roaming around the supermarket, talking and taking every free taste food they saw. As they finished their supposed shopping, they went to the counter to pay.

Yoona carry all the shopping bags as the two walked to the exit door of the shop.


"Oh yeah , I almost forgot unnie" Yoona said while waiting for their car outside.

 

Savannah looked at her questioningly. Gesturing Yoona to say what's on her mind.


"There is someone special I want you to meet , unnie" Yoona said.


"And who might that be ?" Savannah curiously asked who is this special someone.


"Her name is Kwon Yuri, my girlfriend" Yoona didn't hesitate to answer.


Then, the car arrived interrupting Savannah and Yoona.


To be continued

The story is kind of a bit slow but please bear with me. I am trying to finish this story without missing something. :D Will update as soon as I have enough chapter. I think you know what will be the next chapter. Stay tuned because everything is going to be a mess for them!