A Fraction

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 25

A Fraction

Normal POV


"We need more water!!"



" Call the fire  ambulance!"



"Put the water pressure to maximum"



Some men shouted as the others trying their best to put out the fire.



After Sooyoung gave the passed out Seohyun to Hyoyeon, she teleported to where Yuri was to stop the girl in doing something stupid.

 

She saw Yuri running towards the burning cargo.



Sooyoung suddenly appeared in front of Yuri and the two bumped each other.

 

She then tackled Yuri trying to calm down the girl.



"Let me go! Soo! Yoona is in there" Yuri said looking paled and shaking.

 

 Would Yoona be taken away from her again? That what she thought and she did not want to let that happened.



"Calm down ! You might hurt yourself. Yoona will be alright" Sooyoung said in urgency as she was also being carried away from the situation.



"It's easy for you to say, you left Yoona when that thing exploded. You just saved yourself, It's your damn fault!!!" Yuri shouted accusing Sooyoung. She was not thinking straight and Sooyoung knew this but she could not help but still get hurt or guilty that she was unable to teleport Yoona with them.



"Sir, the fire is already out" the two could hear the man reporting to Kenji.



"Where is Yoona?" Kenji immediately inquired.



"There is no body yet... We are still clearing the smoke that was caused by the fire.



"There are about 5 injured men who were near the cargo and they were already sent to the hospital" the man said.



"Hurry up and investigate what caused this mess. I think this is not an ordinary explosion" he said.



Yuri hearing that it could be something out of the ordinary gathered her strength and pushed Sooyoung away.

 

Before the tall girl could grab her, Yuri ran inside the container ignoring the shouts of men for her to stay back.



Yuri looked around.

 


The fire was not completely out yet.



"YOONA!!" Yuri shouted calling out to her partner.

 


Yuri looked around but the thick smoke was impairing her eyesight.

 

She heard a faint coughing sound and figured out that Yoona was only a few distance away from her.



Yuri then calmed herself and took a very deep breath. She concentrated and open her right palm in the air.



All of a sudden all the thick smoke coming from the explosion before, were like being into Yuri's palm making the air clean.


When the last smoked had been into her palm, Yuri immediately closed her hand and dropped what seemed to be a small black marble ball.
 


Yuri looked around the area and saw Yoona leaning on the side coughing so faintly.

 

She immediately went to her aid.



"Yoona, are you alright? Can you stand?" A question filled with worries was very evident in Yuri.



Yoona having difficulty breathing could only shook her head.

 

Yoona tried to cover her nose as if it would help her block something that was preventing her to properly breathe.



Yuri noticing that Yoona was becoming paler, she took Yoona's arm and put the arm into her shoulder while holding her waist, guiding her outside the cramp space they were in.

 

Yoona just bowed her head not saying anything as she was saving her energy not to pass out.



As soon as the two girls went outside, the medics immediately assisted them, giving priority to Yoona.



Yuri looked at Yoona lying on the stretcher while the medics gave her an oxygen mask.

 

Yoona was breathing heavily but other than that Yuri was thankful that no deep wound were found.



Yuri held Yoona's hand not saying anything nor showing any emotions.

 

 The tanned girl was just looking and observing Yoona silently as the girl was being taken to the ambulance car. She was about to step inside the car when Kenji told her to stay in the area because they needed to finish their investigation.



Yuri was going to retort but Sooyoung volunteered to do the rest of the investigation that were assigned for the four of them. Kenji protested but seeing how Yuri looked at him straight in the eye, he had no choice but let Sooyoung take over.



Yuri glanced Sooyoung thankfully and the tall girl just let out a small smile nodding at her friend to go inside the ambulance car.



And so, Sooyoung watched the car drove of while thinking what happened few minutes ago inside the cargo. It happened so fast that if not for Yoona's attentiveness and initiative. For sure, they would have died back there.



When Seohyun put her palm on the floor, Yoona knew that the girl was now seeing some memories because of how she furrowed and twitched her eyebrows from time to time.



Yoona then looked at where Seohyun was touching.

 

She felt something off about the atmosphere.

 

She looked at Sooyoung if she sensed something but the tall girl acted nothing and just trying to find something.



Yoona noticed that there was some kind of heat forming from where Seohyun's palm was.

 

Her guts told her that they should get out of there fast. But the light coming from the heat was spreading and it became bigger by the minute.

 

Then, she without waiting any further grabbed the concentrated Seohyun by the back of her collared shirt.



"SOOYOUNG!!" Yoona yelled out like her life depended on it as she threw Seohyun towards her.



Sooyoung suddenly turned and faced Yoona.

 

The sound of Yoona's voice was very serious and she knew by the look on Yoona's eyes that they had to get out of there.



When her hands touched Seohyun, she started to use her ability to teleport.



"Yoona quick! Hold my hand" she instructed as she and Seohyun slowly disappearing.

 

 But Yoona knew,-- she knew that Sooyoung could not teleport three people at the same time and she could not take the risk of trying it out.

 

After all, they promised Hyoyeon that they would protect Seohyun no matter what.



Yoona watched the two disappeared then, when she turned to look at the source of heat on the floor.



It exploded.



Yoona's POV



It was dark. I could not see anything. I could feel a cold feeling around my nose and mouth as I breathe in and out. 

 

There was beeping sound above me and I felt that someone was gripping my hand tight. I tried opening my eyes and when I succeeded, Yuri's worried face is the first thing I saw.

 

It seems that I made her worry again. She was looking at me and seemed to be moving. Was she saying something to me? I smiled apologetically not for not understand what she was saying but for making her worry all the time.

 

I then use my free hand to grab the mask on my face and lifted it to say something for her to stop worrying about me. She tried to stop me and I beat her into it.



"I'm f--fine Yul, sto..p wo...rry...ing too mu..ch. Just ..out.. of ... Breath" I said with my raspy voice and with too much tiredness for trying to breathe on the natural air.



"Shh, I know Yoona but you know me , I could not stop worrying when you are frequently in this state" I heard Yuri faintly said to me as she put my oxygen mask on.

 

I only smiled at her. I don't really like it when Yuri was looking at me like this.

 

Like a fragile being that any moment I would be gone. Sometimes, I wonder what made her so overprotective.



"Someone she had lost"



 I then remembered what Jessica said. Was Yuri like this because of her first love? I don't know but I hope not because I don't want to be just a replacement to her.



My eyes felt heavy now. I wanted to stay awake to assure to Yuri that I was alright but my consciousness was slipping. Then, I felt numb.



Tiffany POV



I rushed out to the academy's hospital as soon as I heard news that an incident happened while my friends were doing their first task.

 

I then saw Jessica talking to the reception of the hospital asking for room location of those who were injured for today's incident.



"Sica!!" I called her attention as I ran into her.

 

Jessica turned around and before she said her greeting, I asked her to what happened to our friends.



"Let's go first to Room 309, it seems that Yoona and Seohyun were admitted there" Jessica said. I observed that sweats had formed on her forehead.



"Did you run all the way here?" I asked somewhat not believing it. Jessica frowned as she nod.



"Yeah, why?" She asked me. I shook my head and told her it was nothing.

 

 

 Jessica looked at me weirdly as she led the way towards the lift. It brought us into the third floor and when we turned right, we saw Taeyeon walking towards us with her white coat on.



"They told me that the two of you were coming. Come on, their room is here" Taeyeon said.



"Are they alright? How about Sooyoung and Yuri?" Jessica get straight to the point and asked Taeyeon what she had been meaning to ask as soon as she stepped in the hospital.

 

They are on their way to Yoona's and Seohyun's room.

 

"Seohyun was exhausted. It seems that she used too much power and her body just gave up from not having enough energy" Taeyeon explained.

 

"How about Yoona?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon and as soon as the two looked at each other’s eyes, Taeyeon looked away feeling awkward.

 

 Jessica watching Taeyeon's reaction began to panic.

 

"What happened to her?! Tell me, did something bad happen ?" Jessica panic thinking that Taeyeon avoided Tiffany's gaze because the girl did not know what proper words to say to explain Yoona's bad situation.

 

"ah,,.. no, Yoong is alright. she just had a minor respiratory complication due to smoke inhalation. Thank God Yuri was able to clear out the smoke and get Yoona out from the area" Taeyeon expertly explained.

 

Jessica sighed in relief as well as Tiffany.

 

When they enter the hospital room, Yuri was talking to Yoona like nothing happened.

 

Yoona looked behind Yuri and saw her friends.

 

 She waved and invited them over.

 

"Hey Yoong, feeling better now?" Taeyeon casually asked.

 

 "Yeah, I feel better now. Thanks! " Yoona cheerfully said.

 

'Wow, I expect Yuri to cry like a helpless puppy but here she is acting normal and not hysterical about your situation" Jessica said. Tiffany nod as she was standing beside Taeyeon.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. " You have no idea. As soon as I woke up Yuri sudde--"

 

"alright , alright ! I overreacted.. no need to tell them geesh" Yuri said as she cover Yoona's mouth to prevent her from spilling how exaggerated she acted when she saw Yoona opened her eyes.

 

"Where is Seohyun ? I thought she is in here too?" Tiffany asked.

 

"She is resting in her room right now and Hyoyeon is there with her" Yoona said but the two visitors could feel that there is more than that.

 

"Is she alright?" Jessica asked.

 

Yoona, Yuri and Taeyeon looked at each other like they know something that the two did not know.

 

"Well? Anytime now" Tiffany said urging them to spill the beans.

 

"Seohyun told us that a woman saw her while snooping around the memories of the crime" Yuri said.

 

The two , Jessica and Tiffany, were confused. How was that even possible?


A chill ran down when Yoona thought of the woman Seohyun saw. The woman was dangerous. She could cause an explosion without needing her presence in the area.
 


"There will be times that you will kill people in return not to be killed..."

 

Yoona remembered what the new principal said. Killing people in exchange for being alive is not something she will do.

 

If worse comes to worst, she would rather die than let her hands be tainted by others blood.

 

But how long can she hold on that resolve when little by little she was witnessing that there was a different reality other than what she knew.

 

"There is no happy ending without sacrifices" Yoona muttered as she thought deeply and she did not like it one bit when slowly her view in the world she lived in was only a fraction of what the reality was.

 

To be continued.

Hello ! I am very sorry for the late update. I promise to do better on the next one. To be honest, I am having a writer's block. LOL ! My creativeness and the suspense I want to built are not up to the par yet. Will try to finish this story so that we can proceed to the Second Arc. Yes, there will be part two and I decided that the part two will be for Subscribers only so that, people will beable to read the first story freely before going to the second one.

I talk too much. See you on the next update.