When You Celebrated Your Last Anniversary with Baek Hyun

EXO's One Shots & Scenarios (MOVE TO SCENARIO SHOP)

- When You Celebrated Your Last Anniversary with Baek Hyun - request by ParkMinHo_ELF


You were at the one of the jewelry shops at XXX Mall. You were choosing jewelry for your boyfriend, Baek Hyun.

“Can I take a look of this one?” You said to the shop keeper. She took the bracelet and showed it to you. You observed and think that he will be like it, then decide to buy the silver bracelet. Why you bought the bracelet? Because of today is your 4th anniversary with Baek Hyun. You want to give him something special, as your love symbol for him. You paid and bowed then left the shop. You went to the other shop which sold gift boxes. You chose and paid for the box and got out from the shop. You looked at your watch, you still have 2 hours before your meeting with him. Since he also had schedule, so you patiently wait for him. You looked at one building, a coffee café, you decided to stop there and wait for him.

“Good afternoon, may I take your order?” the cashier said to you. You smiled and took a look to the menu.

“One Ice Americano please..” You said to her. She nodded and said the price. You paid and wait for your Americano. Honestly, you didn’t like Americano coffee, because of its bitter taste but today you felt like to drink it. Not long, the cashier gave you the coffee and you went to take a sit.

You opened your paper bag and took out the bracelet, the gift box, your own paper, and pen. You started to write a letter for him. You wrote some words, draw some hearts, and put the letter at the bottom of the gift box. You put the bracelet and place it on the letter. You closed the lid, and put the box in your bag. You slurped your Americano and left the café.

Suddenly you wanted to buy a cake. Usually, Baek Hyun always bought the cake and finally both of you will be eating the cake together. But today you really want to buy the cake. When you went in the direction of the bakery, your phone vibrated.

“Yeoboseyo?” you said.

“Min Young-ie?” he asked.

“Eo, wae? Why you call me?” you laughed at his question.

”Eodiya?” he kept asking you.

“I’m on the way to buy a cake. So tonight, don’t buy cake, okay?” you asked back to him.

“Neo gwaenchana?” he was asking you again.

“Yes Baek Hyun, I’m totally okay.” You assured him.

“Eum.. I’ll be at your home at 7. I afford-..” You didn’t listen of his voice. You were wanted to cross the street, because the bakery is at the opposite of the street. You looked at the traffic lamp, it showed the green lamp for the pedestrian. You didn’t look at your left and right, you just walk straight to reach the bakery.

“Min Young-ie?” Baek Hyun asked again because you didn’t respond at his words.

But suddenly, a car, very fast one, broke through the red lamp for vehicles. The driver couldn’t stop the car, and finally it hit you hard. You were flung away until you hit the sidewalk. Your phone was flung away too. You couldn’t hear anything else, because of the crash, made you out.

“Min Young-ie?!” Baek Hyun kept shouting at the phone. He didn’t know why you just kept silent.

And finally some people who looked at the accident, went to help you and answering your phone.

“Min Young-ie?! Gwaen-“ Baek Hyun stopped when he heard someone else who isn’t you.

“Yeoboseyo?” the man asked him.

“N-nae.. N-nuguseyo?” he panicly asked the man.

“This girl is accidentally crashed by a car. Now she is on the way to the nearby hospital, to XXX Hospital. I’m with her right now.” The man explained.

“M-Mwo?! She crashed by a car?! O-okay, I’ll be there in 5 minutes. Gamsahabnida!” Baek Hyun said and ended the phone.

He couldn’t think of anything again. He became confused and panicky like a chicken which lost its head. He couldn’t hold it anymore. He didn’t be able to ask his manager to drive him to the hospital. He directly took a cab and went to the hospital.

He reached the hospital in 10 minutes, blame it to the traffic jam! Because of the jam, he couldn’t be there faster. He quickly asked the nurse about where are you now and the nurse told him. He ran to the ward, and found a 40 years old man by his look.

“Annyeonghaseyo.. I’m the girl’s guardian. Thank you for bringing her here.” Baek Hyun bowed 90° to show his respect for him.

“Nae. Here, her phone. Now the doctor is still examining her. I’ll be leaving now.” The man gave him your phone and before he left, he explained to him about how the accident happened and left immediately. Baek Hyun looked at your phone. The screen is little bit broken because of the crash.

“Miss Jang Min Young’s family?” The nurse and doctor suddenly got out from the emergency room and asked.

“Nae! I’m Jang Min Young’s family.” Baek Hyun ran to the nurse.

“Dr. Kim is want to talk with you.” She let Baek Hyun entered the doctor’s room.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Dr. Kim. May I know, are you Miss Jang’s family?” The doctor asked.

“Nae. I’m Byun Baek Hyun, her boyfriend. What happened to her, doctor? Is she alright?” He couldn’t hold his anxiety again, so he bombarded the doctor with his question.

“She was crashed by a car, right? We detect some leakage in her brain. And her right hand and foot are broken as well. I hope you can able to endure this situation. She is really need your support.” The doctor explained. Baek Hyun just nodded and held his tears. The doctor asked the nurse to take Baek Hyun to your ward, and the nurse led him to your ward.

Baek Hyun wanted to burst out into cry after looking at your condition. Bandages were everywhere, your pale face, and the sound of the IV drip by drip. Baek Hyun caressed your white-pale face with his hand, your face was cold. And finally you opened your eyes and looking at Baek Hyun.

“Baek-“ you tried to say something to him.

“Sst..” He didn’t let you finish your words. He wanted to cry right now, but he must be strong for you.

“Wae, why you must cross the street..” He said while caressed your bandaged right hand.

“I.. just want.. to buy a cake..” You innocently said.

“Babo..” He chuckled at your innocence.

“That’s why today I felt not comfortable. Always worried..” He sighed.

“I-I’m okay Baek..” You assured him with your smile.

“You’re okay? Jinjja?” He sadly looked at you. You smiled and tried to show to him by lifting your right hand. But it ended with your groan in pain.

“Don’t move your right hand.. It’s broken..” He sadly said to you. You just nodded.

“Baek, can you open my bag?” You ordered him. He took your bag and opened it. He found a gift box with red ribbon as the finishing touch. He confusedly looked at you.

“Open it..” You smiled to him. He opened the box and found the bracelet.

“For me?” He asked you. You nodded and smiled. His eyes were covered with tears after he looked at your gift. He also found a letter, and decided to read it too.

 

  Dear Baek Hyun ♥

        How are you today, Baek? I hope  you happy as always..

        And, today is our 4th anniversary. Happy anniversary, baby ♥

        I don’t have anything to give to you, I just had my heart as the gift..

        Hopefully, we can love each other until the death separate us!

        Don’t try to cheat behind me, eo? J

        Saranghae, Byun Baek Hyun! ♥

 

              With love,

                 yours, Jang Min Young

 

He finished read your letter. Now, he was crying happily, because of him, you were like this now. He hugged you tightly with your letter at his hand. You were crying as well as him. You felt happy and sad. Happy, because he was already received your gift. Sad, because you hate look at him with his tears were flowing down.

“Gomawo, Baek Hyun.” You tried to hug him back. But Baek Hyun felt that your body wasn’t had strength anymore. He broke the hug and looked at your face. Your eyes closed perfectly and when he lifted your hand, your hand freely fall down to the bed. He cried even more, because he knew you already left him, forever.