Chapter 9: Realisation

My First Love

Jaejoong was trying out the technique Yunho taught him the previous day while the others were racing each other in the water.

Jaejoong was a master of learning. He got things really quickly and tried to apply what he understood. Plus, years of early hard work improved his skills of being tired after long practice sessions.

He was doing great, really. Until, when he accidentally reached the deeper zone, where his feet never touched the bottom. ‘Hey, where’s the floor?’

He tried to swim back, but the pressure of the water was too much. It was too deep and the others were far from his reach. Suddenly, he didn’t feel so confident. And when his adrenaline level rose up, he lost balance.

His body gave away support.

Yunho was keeping an eye at him the whole time. He knew Jaejoong didn’t want to be disturbed, so he kept his distance. But when he suddenly saw Jaejoong going down, his speed reached an unreachable level. “JAEJOONG!!!!!”

He swam head-first into the water. The others followed him. Yunho reached the drowning Jaejoong before the latter lost his breath. The older guy held him tight in his arms and swam up. By now, Jaejoong’s eyes had closed.

“I’m sorry, Jaejoong. I’m never going to leave you alone anymore.”

Jaejoong slowly opened his eyes. What happened?

He felt a head beside him. He turned to see Yunho, asleep. He looked around. It was his hotel room right? Yeah… Did he drown by any chance?

“Yunho?”

Yunho shot up at the speed of light. He looked at Jaejoong and rained questions on him about how he was feeling.

Jaejoong chuckled, “I’m ok! I’m ok!”

“Whew…you killed me with tension you know…Did you faint or what? You were breathing fine when I caught you!”

“Oh…so I did drown…”

“Yes you did. I’m never leaving you alone in the water or anywhere at all,” Yunho said determined to keep his word.

Jaejoong smiled. Someone…someone finally said that. Yunho really did care for him, didn’t he? After all, he did so much for him within this one month. Who would do that? Did anyone ever care for him so much? Never. But this man – Yunho – from buying him an apartment, to letting him be one of their family, and many other things, especially saving him from situations like extreme poverty and drowning. And what was it with those roses and the long drive? What was that feeling Jaejoong got everytime Yunho looked at him? What was that feeling everytime they were alone? What about those feelings when Yunho touched him? And what was that feeling in his heart? The blushing, the loud and increased heart beats…what did this all mean?

Was it…what was that word…love?

Love? Could it be love? Could it be that Yunho…maybe, just maybe…fell in love with Jaejoong? Could it be that maybe, Jaejoong fell for Yunho?

Junsu entered. He didn’t have to see, his loud shrieking was a good enough sign. “JAE! Are you alright?!”

Yoochun and Changmin followed. “I’m fine. Thanks to you all.” He smiled. Yes, he finally reached the place where he belonged.

:*D

Junsu sat beside Jaejoong on the bench.

Jaejoong looked at him, “Junsu…what is it like…what is it like to…to…uh…” he began blushing.

“Jae, best friends tell each other everything…but some things need not be told. I understand what you’re trying to say,” he smiled, “and what you’re feeling about Yunho.”

Jaejoong looked down and smiled. “I don’t know…I just want to be confirmed that’s all…”

Junsu punched him playfully, “I’ll confirm it then. You are officially, and finally, in love with Yunho.”

Jaejoong laughed. “Does that mean you feel a certain way towards someone too?”

“Let’s keep me aside for now. And just for your info: no. Let’s see, so the guy you fall for happens to be the same one whom you constantly scolded for following you,” Jaejoong began laughing as Junsu continued, “and you apparently couldn’t tolerate him in the beginning. Remember how he stared at you? I TOLD you cuz I KNEW it but NOOO you wouldn’t believe me!” Junsu exaggerated and pouted.

“I’m sorry ok!” he couldn’t stop laughing.

Junsu smiled, “Keep laughing Jae. That’s how you look best. And Yunho would love it if you did the same with him. He really loves you Jae. And guess what, it’s his first love too.”

Jaejoong stopped laughing and looked at him. “Really? I’m…his first love?” it was a little embarrassing to say that line, but he really wanted it to be true, now that he knew his feelings.

“Yup. You guys are your firsts. I told Yunho that you never loved anyone before either.” Junsu looked straight at him with a poker face, “That’s why, even after Yunho threw so many clues and hints at you, you weren’t able to catch them…”

Jaejoong looked flustered, “Oh…”

“‘Oh…’” Junsu mimicked. “Now, if only you participated with him, he would realise that you love him back. Drop a few hints ok? I wouldn’t want to spoil his confession plan by telling him myself. So show him a little bit of your love. I just hope he learns to be a little romantic and not just shove the roses of his heart to you like the other time.”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened, “You saw that?”

“Didn’t miss a thing…”

~/////~

Yunho was as busy as bees in a hive. Couldn’t his father handle this one thing while he was out on a vacation to show his love to his future lover?

Jaejoong came in. They ordered dinner in their rooms today, “Yunho, come on, let’s eat.”

“Nah…I’m not done with my work yet.”

Now that Jaejoong was in love with him, he saw adorable sides of this man. When he worked, he looked so serious and manly yet cute at the same time, he couldn’t help but smile.

“But you’ll get hungry. Eat first Yunho.”

“No…I have to finish this. Just a bit more…you eat. Don’t wait for me.”

“I can’t eat while you work…”

Yunho’s idea showed up at the perfect time. “Then feed me.”

Jaejoong stopped short. Feed…him…?

Yunho looked up from his file. “A-ah!” he opened his mouth wide.

Jaejoong chuckled quietly. “Fine.”

At the first bite, Yunho looked disturbed. “It’s hot…”

“Then…should I wait?”

“No, blow it cold.”

Jaejoong blushed. Okay…where is this going? “You’re not a cat that you can’t eat hot food.”

“Meow…” Yunho acted.

Jaejoong sighed as the blush spread across his face. He picked a spoonful of spaghetti, blew it and offered it to Yunho who opened his mouth to let himself be fed like a child. Then, Jaejoong put kimchi into a cabbage leaf and rolled it to a ball-size. He put it in Yunho’s mouth. Yunho seemed to die without kimchi if he didn’t have it for a few days. How was he going to survive out of Korea during business trips like this? Surely he wouldn’t take Jaejoong with him right? …Suddenly, that idea didn’t seem so bad…

But Yunho didn’t like that kimchi much, mostly because Jaejoong can’t just offer to cook his own meal at a hotel outside Seoul during a vacation.

This was Jaejoong’s first vacation in his life. This vacation was when he began feeling love. This was where he felt Yunho becoming a part of him, his soul, his life and every other thing.

“Oh, Jaejoong,” Yunho spoke up.

“Yeah?”

“Um, I just have this present for you…”

“Present? It’s not my birthday yet…”

“We still don’t know our birth dates so ya you have to tell me that. But this present…it’s something I just bought because you needed it.” He shuffled something in his bag. “I just didn’t want to wait until we returned. So here.”

It was a touch mobile phone.

Jaejoong stared at it. He never touched an electronic thing like this in his life! Well except a computer in school…But wow……Jaejoong just got a cellphone…

He still stared. Yunho quietly asked him. “Do you like it?”

Jaejoong looked up with teary eyes. Why were his emotions rising like this? He put the plate aside and jumped at Yunho. He hugged him real tight. He successfully stopped the tears but his voice was still shaking.

“Thanks……Yunho…”

“Hey, I did so much for you, this one is one of the least, you know that?”

He felt Yunho hug him back. He blushed. He felt really lucky. Really, very lucky.

He let go. “I don’t know how to operate it though…”

“I think you’d like to find out yourself,” Jaejoong reached for the box and Yunho held his hand instantly, sending touch impulses to his brain making his cheeks go red, “without reading the manual.”

He retreated his hand when Yunho let go quickly after a few seconds’ pause. “Ok…”

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

YES! FINALLY! JAEJOONG REALISED IT FINALLY! @.@
That took forever -.-"
Anyways, YunJae happens you see xD
So, tell me what you think! Jae drowned! NOOO! But then again it's Yunho to the rescue! Jae, at last, understood. Plus: he fed Yunho! Yay! xD May YunJae live on!