Chapter 10: Unconscious Before Confession

My First Love

Ok I am really sad about the fact that none of my readers are joining my group T^T

And also, I'm really sorry for all the drama in this story, I swear this is the worst out of all the stories I've written in my life so ya >.> you'll see when I post my other stories...this one's just a bit dramatic... but I also swear the other stories other than YunJae will be very interesting ;) so, enjoy! ^~^

--- ---

Yunho was back to business. Yoochun was back to being the usual boss. Changmin was back to studies. Junsu was back to being the waiter. Jaejoong was back to being the chef.

The usual stuff happened. This time, Yunho had his bulgogi and kimchi for breakfast cooked by his Jae at his home. And then lunch at his friend’s restaurant: same meal, same chef. Dinner was at home again.

This was their second month together. Yunho was already thinking of confessing…although something told him he shouldn’t do it this early.

~9:00 p.m. at home~

Yunho drove back home with Jaejoong. Changmin had exams to study for, so he was in his room with deep concentration in his books. His parents had just gone to Paris for business matters. So the house was pretty empty except for the workers.

“Jaejoong,” Yunho called from the door to Jaejoong's room.

“Yeah?” Jaejoong turned around from getting ready for the night.

“Come to my room please.”

Jaejoong walked to him. “What is it?”

Yunho smiled, a little confused in a way, a little anxious of what is going to happen. What if Jaejoong still didn’t feel anything? What if he just wanted to be friends? Will he break Yunho’s heart? He prayed in his mind, ‘Please, Jaejoong. Don’t say ‘no’. I love you so much… Don’t you feel anything at all?’

Yunho took hold of Jaejoong’s hand gently. He didn’t hold it tightly, but the feeling was there. Yunho’s heart was beating with anticipation. This was his first time confessing to his first love. ‘I’m finally going to confess…’ he smiled. He turned a little pink in the face. He looked flustered too, but he didn’t want his cover to blow. ‘How should I approach him?’ He was clueless…

Jaejoong felt the butterflies again. The moment Yunho held his hand, it was the same routine for his heart and face. ‘What will he do this time? Certainly something totally unromantic right?’ he laughed in his mind. Yunho could be so cute sometimes…Well, it was Jaejoong’s first time too!

“Come on,” Yunho said.

Yunho walked to his room on the other side of the same floor. It took a little less than five minutes, but the long journey was over. Yunho suddenly matured from his usually puerile self.

He let go of Jaejoong’s hand and went a few steps back. Jaejoong looked at him once who gestured him to open the door. The younger boy gripped the handles and discovered that his hands were shaking a little. Nevertheless, he managed to turn them and pushed the doors open.

The room was absolutely clean, unlike the usual look. Moreover, he found that, wherever he looked, there were red and white roses. The confused and overwhelmed boy walked in, followed by the owner of the house. Yunho closed the door.

Jaejoong didn’t hear him walk or see him stand right in front of him. He needed time to let it all sink in. At first he was very happy that Yunho would finally say it. But now, he felt worried about what would happen later. What if things didn’t go like they were supposed to? What if the relationship didn’t work out? He was feeling just frightened but, at this point, nauseous too. He felt his body weaken. This was all too strange and sudden for him. All this time, he imagined himself in a fairy tale. He didn’t have time out to think and realise that this was all reality. This was really happening to him. He still couldn’t completely believe that all this wasn’t just a dream and that there was no waking up and finding out that he was back to being how he was. Everything was happening way too fast for him to digest. All the good luck and happy feelings were alien to him. This was not his life, somehow. And he was not ready for so much happiness.

This sudden confession was not helping either.

Jaejoong felt the world spinning. The last bit of energy was lost, and his feet gave away. His legs slipped and his body fell on Yunho who had the perception of the impulse. “JAE!” he screamed. He moved forward to catch Jaejoong before he fell. He held the fainted boy in his arms. Quickly, he picked him up bridal style and laid him gently on his king-size bed. He was panicking again and fumbled with his phone. ‘Dr Kim HeeChul’ appeared on the screen.

“Hello, HeeChul!”

“Ah, Yunho-yah, it’s you! How are-”

“Quick! Come over to my house right now, please!”

-5 minutes later-

“Kim Jaejoong, right? Where has he come from?”

Yunho sighed, “Long story.”

Changmin still frowned. How come HeeChul was told about Jaejoong before him?! Was he not part of the family? He gulped. He did NOT want to start the thought about being part of a family again. Yes, he belonged here. End of story.

“Well, summarise it,” HeeChul said looking at him in the eye.

“He…he is from a very poor family. He works hard for a living…and…I think being able to live in a rich family was a little too sudden for him and-”

“Yunho-yah,” HeeChul stopped him, “why is he here anyways?” He raised an eyebrow. Then he looked around, “Was this supposed to be some kind of…confession?”

Yunho looked down. Ya, that was ruined, but he couldn’t care less. Jaejoong’s situation was far more distraught. “Yes.”

“And did he tell you he was feeling nauseous?”

“Uh…no, but he did look like it; that is, before he fainted.”

“Ok, it’s clear now,” HeeChul said. For a moment, Changmin wondered if he would like it better if Siwon was here instead of his cousin, HeeChul. Choi Siwon – HeeChul’s older cousin brother. Someone who Changmin had a crush on forever. Like HeeChul, Siwon was also a doctor. Siwon was somewhere around 27. He was the son of one of Changmin's father’s friends. Despite the fact that there was a difference of seven years, Changmin had developed a strong crush on Siwon, but he didn’t tell anyone. Anyone at all, which included Yunho.

“Well…?” asked Yunho, waiting for an explanation.

HeeChul looked at him. He was going to tell him what had happened, but Yunho was acting so frantic… ‘Hmph…’ he thought, ‘this Jaejoong…he is so lucky. Yunho cares so much for him. I wonder how it feels like to be loved so much, cared for so much… Yunho never understood my feelings for him; he even said he would never fall in love, haha. But Kim Jaejoong…he was able to make Yunho love him. I tried so hard’ he gulped. The lump in his throat went down ‘…How quickly people change…’

“You said Jaejoong-sshi lived in poverty before?” Yunho nodded at HeeChul’s question. “Well, this is a sudden lifestyle change for him. Until now, it was probably like a fairytale to him. But your sudden confession made him realise that this is reality. Suddenly coming out of nowhere to somewhere like this, and probably the different feelings caused his body a lot of stress.”

“But, I didn’t even confess yet!”

“Huh?” HeeChul looked at Yunho. “You didn’t?”

“No! I didn’t get a chance.”

“Well, I’m sure he understood the situation,” HeeChul told him the obvious fact with a you-are-stupid face. “And, about the nauseous feeling…it’s the same reason. It just made him faint earlier.”

“So…no danger?”

HeeChul smiled. So much love… “No, no danger at all. Just let him rest for a while. He has already calmed down. I checked twice.” HeeChul began packing up.

He recalled when Yunho and he used to be best friends at school. After a certain period of time, he began falling for Yunho. HeeChul tried to show Yunho in many ways that he had fallen in love. But Yunho was completely unaware of it. Even when HeeChul had almost directly asked him “Will you never fall in love?” he got his answer: “Nope, never. I just can’t get the feeling.” That was when HeeChul lost all hope. He couldn’t show Yunho that he loved him. And he just got told that his beloved would never fall in love. So, what was the point? That was when he began drifting away. They were in grade 10 at that time. HeeChul flew to England. He cut all connections with Yunho (and even became a small type of doctor at his young age). He never came back.

Not until last year. He met Yunho again. Yunho asked about HeeChul suddenly leaving and ceasing all connections. The answer was: “My father…plus, I was busy.” Yunho just smiled and patted him, “I forgive you.” When there was still no hope, he began searching for someone else. At last he found BoA. But this time, the girl left him instead of him leaving her. She left him for EunHyuk, his friend from England. His life became so devastating, he gave up completely. Now, he was free to do anything he wished, let that be drinking or spending nights at night clubs when he was free.

Yunho thought for a moment, “Want to stay for some time?”

“No, my patients are waiting.” Lies…

Changmin fumbled with his fingers, “How’s Siwon-hyung?” he asked hesitantly.

HeeChul raised an eyebrow and smirked. He noticed, before going to England, that Changmin looked at his brother with what seemed like curiosity sometimes. When Siwon looked at him, he would look away, and if they talked, Changmin would smile bashfully. Changmin was never timid, unless he was around Siwon. HeeChul thought it was just from all the respect…but recently it occurred to him that Changmin had never properly looked at Siwon in the eye.

“Why do you ask?” he asked.

Changmin was caught off guard. “Uh…” he stuttered. “…Well, I … it was just a question. I mean I didn’t see him for 6 years so…it has been a long time…”

“He’s fine. Just a little busy… I mean he’s a real doctor. You seem to admire him, am I right?”

“Um, yes,” Changmin said smiling.

“…Or is it something else?” HeeChul asked cunningly. Yunho looked surprised. He looked at Changmin questioningly and the younger boy waved his hands in the air.

“No, no! I was just asking! Oh my God! I can’t even ask how an acquaintance is doing?” he stomped out of the room.

HeeChul smiled sadly. ‘Changmin…we’re in the same boat… Siwon will probably never understand you either. Or maybe he’ll find someone else to love.’

“HeeChul? What did you indicate at to Changmin?” Yunho asked, still clueless.

“Nothing…Anyways, I’ll just-”

“Uh…” Jaejoong stirred. Yunho shot down beside his bed with big, expecting eyes. HeeChul looked down regretting his arrival at this house.

“Jaejoong?! Are you okay?” Yunho asked as Jaejoong slowly opened his eyes.