Yuri

Temporarily Yours

 

Yuri woke up to the sound of her phone ringing.

 

She stirred in her position on the bed as her hand fumbled for her pocket. Once she managed to grab her phone and placed it against her ear, a loud voice coming from the caller had awakened Yuri from her sleepiness. 

"YAH KWON YURI! WHERE ARE YOU?"

Her eyes shot wide open upon recognizing her grandmother's angry voice. She quickly bolted up into a sitting position and regretted doing the action once she felt a throbbing pain in her head. "Oww.." She groaned as she rubbed her temples. 

"What? Aren't you going to answer my question child?" 

"Granny.." Yuri's voice trailed off. She wasn't sure what to say because she couldn't even think properly.

"Where on earth are you right now? We've been trying to contact you since last night! You weren't answering your phone and you never mentioned to me that you wouldn't come home. Are you seriously trying to get me worried sick?"

At first, Yuri didn't not understand her grandmother's words. She did not even know why her grandmother was talking to her over the phone when in fact they live in the same hous-

Hold on a second.

Yuri realized something, and it was the fact that she wasn't inside her room. Her bedroom walls are supposed to be baby blue, not white. And she also realized that she was not familiar with the place she was in at all. 

And what was that grandmother had mentioned about not coming home last night?

She tried to think deeper and then she finally recalled the events that took place last night. Her eyes widened and a gasp almost escaped her lips upon remembering everything. She turned her head slowly to look at the other side of the bed where she saw another human figure tangled messily under the thick sheets. 

Yuri swallowed hard. 

Oh damn.

"Yuri? Hello? Are you still there?" 

"Granny.." Yuri responded hoarsely. "I'm sorry. I'm at a friend's house." 

"Don't you play jokes with me. Since when did you sleep over at a friend's house?"

"It's a long story granny. I promise to explain everything to you once I get home. I have to go now, okay?" 

There was a long pause from the other line. "Fine. But make sure that you're going to give me a good explanation or else I'll beat you till your gets red." 

And with that, their phone conversation ended. Yuri let out a heavy sigh and ran her fingers through her hair. She glanced at the other person on the bed who was still fast asleep. Yuri suddenly thought about the things that had happened the other night and it almost drove her insane. She couldn't believe she had allowed things to end up this way. 

All she planned to do was to comfort Jessica. But then she ended up spending the night on the girl's apartment, with the two of them sleeping on the same bed.

Kwon Yuri, are you out of your mind?

 

*Flashback*

"When are you going to stop crying?" 

A frustrated Yuri was consistently rubbing a crying Jessica's back. The two girls where huddled together at a bench in a park. Yuri did not like having to make a crying girl feel better, but she knew she couldn't leave the girl out on her own. She decided to stay by her side until her crying stops. 

"I already stopped ten minutes ago." Jessica answered in a slightly annoyed tone. Yuri leaned a little bit closer towards her in order to take a better look at the older girl's face. 

"Your eyes are red and puffy." Yuri stated after Jessica shoved her away. "You look ugly right now. What happened to the campus sweetheart that we all know?" 

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Don't even start with me Kwon."

"I was just kidding." Yuri stated before bumping her shoulder against Jessica's. "You don't have to be so cranky you know. It doesn't suit you at all." 

"Well then maybe you should stop annoying me." Jessica replied in retort but this time, a smile was threatening to appear on her lips. Yuri smiled for a bit but quickly supressed it, once she realized what she was doing. She suddenly stood up from the bench and cleared . 

"Go home." Yuri stated, her voice suddenly sounding cold. "It's already late." She was about to walk off when all of a sudden a hand wrapped itself around her wrist. 

"Please, don't go yet." She heard Jessica say. 

"I'm tired and I know you are too. Go home Jessica." Yuri closed her eyes and tried to prevent herself from feeling the fluttering inside her chest. She did not like how it felt and she knew it was because of the girl that was trying to hold her back. 

"But.." 

Yuri waited for Jessica to continue.

"I don't want to go home alone." Yuri turned around, only to be greeted by the sight of a pouting blonde. "I know I'm not in the position to ask this but, can you take me home?" The girl asked with her puppy eyes, making Yuri grimace at the sight. 

She wasn't sure if this was the same Jessica Jung who was so confident and flawless at school. 

Maybe this is how she acts when she's frustrated.

"You don't even like my bike." Yuri stated as she crossed her arms.

"I know. But you said you won't let me fall right?" Jessica said with a small smile before tugging at the sleeve of Yuri's jacket. "Please?"

Don't say yes. Don't say yes. Don't say yes.

Yuri bit her lip and tried to follow what her mind was telling her to do. But then Jessica pouted her lips again.

"Okay, fine."

Damn it Yuri.

*

"Come inside."

Yuri was hesitant at first, but the persistent look in Jessica's eyes left her with no choice but to obey. She removed her shoes and left it by the door and silently followed the older girl further inside the apartment unit. Jessica led her into the kitchen and before she could say anything, the blonde grabbed a bottle of champagne from the fridge and handed a glass towards Yuri.

"Woah woah woah, are we even allowed to drink that?" Yuri's eyes widened as she thought about their age.

Jessica smirked and popped the bottle's cork open. "We can drink it whenever we feel down. And besides, there's no harm in doing so. Nobody's here to stop us." She poured the wine into her glass before doing the same to Yuri's glass. 

"Uhm, Jessica, I don't think we should-" Jessica placed a finger over Yuri's lips which effectively shut the girl's mouth. 

"I'm not in the mood, okay? So just drink with me." The blonde had set off an example by gulping down half of the glass. Yuri watched her with amazement. It wasn't her first time to be tasting alcohol, but she was just blown away with the way Jessica had drunk the wine so easily. 

Jessica raised an eyebrow as she looked at Yuri. "Well? Aren't you going to drink that?"

"But I'm going to ride my bike home. Don't you think it would be dangerous if I would get drunk?" 

A small smile formed at the end of Jessica's lips. "Whoever said about getting drunk? One glass wouldn't hurt." 

Once more Yuri hesitated, but she couldn't resist the puppy eyes that the other girl was giving her. Finally she ended up nodding her head and gulping the bittersweet alcohol down . 

It's okay. We're not getting drunk.

*

"Yuwreeee-ah..."

"Whuuuuut?" 

A terribly drunk Jessica wrapped an arm around a barely conscious Yuri who in return, leaned her body against the other. The two girls were sprawled across the carpeted floor right next to Jessica's bed. 

"I feel so weird right naaaw." Jessica whined as she rubbed her temples. "Why do I feel as though my world is spinning around?"

Yuri let out a very unladylike laugh as she playfully hit Jessica's head with her knuckles. "That means you're going crazyyy. You drank too much wine you annoying lady."

Jessica threw her a glare before shoving her away. "I am not annoying. Don't..Don't call me that you jerk." 

Yuri laughed again before roughly putting an arm around the blonde and pulling her closer. 

"Aw, don't be mad Shica. I promise not to call you annoying everrrr again." When the older girl's pout did not disappear, Yuri tickled Jessica's chin which earned a giggle and a huge push from her. Jessica pushed Yuri so hard that the taller girl ended up falling on her back against the floor, pulling Jessica on top of her. 

Silence filled the room in that exact moment. 

Yuri was exhaling deeply while staring at the pair of warm brown eyes staring back at hers. Jessica blinked twice as her gaze landed on the pair of plump lips which belonged to the girl underneath her. For a few seconds nobody dared to move. 

Wow...Such pretty pretty eyes. 

Soon enough Jessica was leaning downwards, and Yuri did not waste any more time as she grabbed the older girl by the neck and pulled her which caused their lips to crash together.

End of Flashback*

 

"Oh man.." Yuri badly wanted to punch herself. She cannot believe that she allowed all of those things to happen. If only she was more careful, these things wouldn't have happened. She was more than ashamed of herself and she couldn't even bring herself to spare on more glance at Jessica.

After reflecting on her actions, Yuri decided to leave. She quietly slipped out of bed and picked up her jacket which was lying on the floor. A huge wave of relief washed over her once she realized that she still had clothes on. But since temptation was hard to resist, her eyes made its way towards the sleeping figure on the bed.

Yuri's heart instantly dropped  and her cheeks went beet red once she realized that Jessica was . Her body was completely bare, except for her underwear. The thick bedsheets were helpfully covering her body up, much to Yuri's relief. 

This girl...Why would she sleep ? Is she crazy? Unless..

Yuri pondered for a moment, and her eyes slowly widened.

..unless I'm the one who took her clothes off last night?

Her cheeks flashed an even darker shade of red and she quickly tore her eyes away from the blonde's body. She shook her head and mentally scolded herself, not noticing that the figure on the bed was starting to wake up. 

"..Yuri? Is that you?" 

Yuri froze. She wished she could just run away and never look back. But she was no coward and things wouldn't change even if she manages to escape. She's going to have to face Jessica everyday anyway. 

"H-Hey." Yuri turned around and forced a blank expression on her face. 

Jessica slowly sat up while holding onto the bedsheets which covered her body. Her blonde hair was tangled and messy and her eyes were tired and poofy, yet amidst all that she still looked breathtakingly beautiful.

Even Yuri who does not usually care about these things, couldn't help but notice how Jessica looked beautiful even in that manner.

Stop it Yuri. Get your crap together.

"You're leaving already? Don't you want to have some breakfast?" 

"No it's okay. I have to go." Yuri turned around and was about to bolt for the door, but Jessica moved fast. As she turned around the girl was already behind her, holding onto her arm. The weird fluttering started happening inside Yuri's chest once again and she disliked the feeling of it. 

"Oh come on, it's too early to leave." 

Yuri closed her eyes for a moment and reminded herself to breathe. 

"Let me go." 

"What?" 

"I have to leave now. I can't stay here." Without warning, Yuri released herself from Jessica's grip and rushed towards the door. She grabbed her shoes and bolted out of the apartment, leaving a dumbfounded Jessica behind.

*

The next day at class, Yuri arrived earlier than usual. 

She entered the classroom and was greeted by the sight of Tiffany cleaning the windows. The brunette was wiping off the topmost part of the glass window, with the support of a ladder underneath her feet. Her back was turned so she did not see Yuri's arrival. Yuri walked to her chair and placed her bag on it, before returning her attention back to Tiffany.

Yuri noticed that the ladder that Tiffany was standing on was wobbling a bit. If she moves carelessly then she might possibly fall. Confirming her suspicions, Tiffany leaned a bit to the side and the ladder trembled more. Yuri, having fast reflexes, quickly dashed over to where Tiffany was and arrived just in time when the brunette accidentally slipped and fell. 

Tiffany's scream echoed inside the entire classroom but it only ended when she landed in Yuri's arms. 

"Y-Yuri?" Tiffany gasps as she looks at the face of her rescuer. 

"Hi Tiffany." Yuri greets with a short nod before putting Tiffany down on her feet. "You should be more careful next time. You wouldn't want to get yourself hurt right?"

The girl simply stared at her without saying anything. This made Yuri crack a smile, even if it was only brief. She turned around and headed for her seat, only hear the two words which Tiffany said in a soft voice.

"Thank you." She could practically feel Tiffany smiling as she said those words. 

*

The class ended late as usual and Yuri wanted nothing more but to go home and lock herself inside her room. She plugged earphones into her ears and listened to rock music as she made her way out of the classroom. But as she passed by the hallway, she saw Jessica standing in front of her locker. Yuri hissed under her breath and thought of possible ways to avoid her, but to no avail. She had to put her things inside her locker but Jessica was right there waiting for her. 

In the end, Yuri braced herself and headed over to where the blonde was standing. 

"Oh, hi Yuri." Jessica greeted with a small smile. Yuri only nodded in greeting, trying not to show any sign of awkwardness. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I came here to talk to you about something." The blonde began. Her eyes suddenly dropped to the floor and her hands started fumbling with each other. "Can you spare some time?" 

Yuri glanced at her watch. "Is it something important?"

"Yes, it is." Jessica answered quickly. 

"Okay fine, but make it quick. I have to go home early." 

*

The two hung out at a small playground which was a few blocks away from their school. Yuri was sitting on one of the swings as she watched Jessica play by the monkey bars. Yuri wondered how the playful and childish Jessica that she was currently seeing was the same girl who's being adored by many in campus. She wondered how Jessica manages to have to sides of herself. 

It's quite charming, really.

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" 

Jessica stopped with her playing and sat on the vacant swing beside Yuri. She took a deep breath and placed her hands on her lap. 

"There is something that I need to ask you to do." The way Jessica spoke made Yuri feel as though she was hesitating. "It's about our fake relationship thing. I know this would really surprise you, but I hope that you wouldn't get mad at me."

Yuri pretended not to be curious but her ears perked up and her heart pounded a bit faster. She wondered what it was that the blonde was going to say. 

"Yuri.."

Yes?

"I need you.."

You what?!

"..to move in with me."

 

*

 

A/N: Updated! I AM SO SORRY  for the late update. I've been really busy these past few days and I only found the time now to post this chapter. I'm sorry about the delay. But I hope that I can post the next chapter as soon as I can. Thank you to all those who are reading and supporting this fic! I know I'm not that good at writing yet but I do hope that you're enjoying the flow of the story. :)

But so far which couple do you like better? YulTi or YulSic?