Yuri

Temporarily Yours

 

What did she say?

Is she out of her mind?

I swear, once I get my hands on her I'm gonna--

 

"Is this true? Are you my daughter's--erm--girlfriend?"

Mr. Jung's voice had snapped Yuri out of her thoughts. She blinked her eyes only to clear her vision enough for her to see the incredulous look that the man was giving her. She tried to swallow the lump on but it never left and started to become dry. She parted her lips to say something but not a single word came out. 

"Yuri?" She felt a gentle tug on her arm. She turned her head to the side and saw Jessica staring at her with wide pleading eyes which begged for her mercy. Yuri wasn't a psychic, but it was a little easy for her to read someone's thoughts just by looking into their eyes. 

Please help me, just this once. I need you. Those words can be seen through Jessica's warm brown eyes. Yuri fought the urge to stare at them and it took a lot of effort from her to look away. 

"Are you two messing with me?" Jessica's father interfered. He crossed his arms over his chest and threw Jessica a solid glare. "You're not telling the truth. I know it when you're lying to me. Stop trying to make up excuses." 

"I am not lying!" Jessica defended, her hands tightening its grip on Yuri's arm. "She really is my girlfriend! We've been dating for five months already, and it was enough time for us to fall deeply in love!" She then turned her gaze back at Yuri who was taken aback at the sudden look of love and passion in Jessica's eyes. The emotions that the blonde was expressing through her eyes seemed so real it almost convinced Yuri that this girl was indeed in love with her. "Right baby?"

What in the world...BABY?

Yuri could feel Jessica's sharp nails piercing her skin. She gritted her teeth with the pain she felt and fought the urge to yell. She looked at Mr. Jung and it seemed as though he was waiting for her answer to confirm everything. Yuri had a certain debate going on inside her head and she was confused on what to do. 

But just then her grandmother's words replayed in her mind. 

I want to see you bring your special someone here to see me. That is my dying wish.

An image of the old woman lying on her bed looking all helpless and weak made Yuri's heart ache.

Then that's when Yuri had made her decision.

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon, I want you to stop with these shenanigans already and just--" Mr. Jung was cut off when Yuri suddenly wrapped an arm around Jessica's shoulders and pulled her close. She even added a soft kiss on the shorter girl's forehead which caused the blonde's cheeks to flush.

"It's true sir." Yuri stated with a wide smile. "I am very much in love with your daughter, and I won't allow her to marry anyone besides me."

Jessica's father seemed to be at loss for words. He didn't seem to believe it at first, but judging by the way his daughter and Yuri looked at each other, it somehow convinced him. But he didn't show that he was fazed by their loving gazes and gestures to one another. He kept a firm face and locked his eyes on his daughter.

"I can't believe you were having a relationship on my back. You never told me you were already dating someone." Mr. Jung exclaimed in a disappointed manner of his voice. He was about to say something else when his phone suddenly rang. The man excused himself and went to the kitchen to answer his call. 

Yuri released a huge sigh of relief once he was out of sight. Jessica did as well, but her breathing tightened once Yuri sent a sharp glare towards her. The blonde was about to open to apologize but Yuri already clamped a hand over .

"Save it for next time. Thank me later." Her voice was cold but her eyes were warm. 

"I'm sorry I hurt your arm." Jessica muttered anyway once Yuri removed her hand from her lips. "I just got so tense I didn't know what to do but to follow my instincts."

"You don't know how much trouble you got me into." Yuri's eyes turned into thin slits. She was so upset but she knew she shouldn't be since Jessica can't be blamed and she also participated in the lie anyway. "Why do you have to annoy me so much? You could've used someone else, not me!"

"I already told you, I panicked which left me with no choice but to follow my instincts." Jessica answered back, her tone getting agitated. "And my instincts were stupid enough to suggest your name! Do you think I like what had happened? It's as if I ever want to be with someone as irritating and cold-hearted as you!"

Yuri glared at her. "Oh yeah? You should be thankful that I helped you back there or else you'd already be engaged right now!"

"Stop being so cocky! I already thanked you!"

"You weren't sincere!"

The two girls were in the edge of strangling each other while exchanging dagger looks. Just in time Mr. Jung had reappeared in the living room and Yuri quickly seized Jessica by the waist while the shorter girl wrapped her arms tenderly around Yuri's neck.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" Yuri whispered out loudly for the man to hear. 

"Stop being so cheesy you little cheeseball." Jessica tried to show an affectionate act of pinching Yuri's nose but since she pinched too hard, Yuri gritted her teeth and fought the urge to wince. 

Jessica's father eyed them weirdly as he stuffed his phone into his pocket. 

"Listen Jessica." He began, and the couple quickly broke apart from each other. "I have an important appointment so I have to go now. But don't think that this is over. The three of us still need to talk. The marriage is not yet over." That was all he said before he turned around and headed for the door. 

While he had his back on them, Yuri took the opportunity to bump her shoulder against Jessica's which sent the older girl stumbling a bit to the side. Jessica was about to take revenge action when her father suddenly turned around and faced them with a grim look on his face. 

"I shall be going now. See you some other time sweetheart." He kissed Jessica's forehead and nodded at Yuri before leaving.

"Now that we're alone." Yuri cleared her voice and smacked her fist against her palm while staring at the other girl.

Jessica quickly backed away and grabbed a pillow from the couch which served as her defense weapon. "Don't you dare Kwon Yuri."

*

Yuri almost fell out of bed when the alarm clock on the side table suddenly rang. She lazily reached out for it and turned it off, and the sound of silence pleasantly filled her ears. She almost returned to dreamland when her door suddenly banged open.

"RISE AND SHINE!"

A young guy in his mid twenties stood at the doorway with a mischievous smile plastered on his face. His facial features were a bit similar to Yuri's, but his smile was bigger and more cheerful than hers. He wasted no time in hopping on the bed and then jumping on it continously like a complete lunatic.

Yuri's attempt of getting back to sleep proved to be a failure when the matress kept on bouncing up and down. She grabbed a pillow and used it to hit her brother as hard as she could.

"What the hell Jiyong! Get out of my room you idiot!" 

"Well good morning to you too lil' sis." He greeted with a toothy grin. He stopped jumping but sat on her stomach instead, earning a very loud groan of disapproval from her. "Stop yelling, it's making you look like a freaking amazon tiger."

"Shut up and get your out of here!" She snapped at him, pushing him so hard he fell down to the floor. He rubbed his aching and pouted at her, annoying Yuri even more. "What are you even doing in my room?" She asked in a more gentle manner. 

Jiyong pointed a finger towards the clock and Yuri looked at it with squinted eyes.

7:12 am.

A loud gasp had escaped Yuri's lips as she bolted out of bed and sprinted directly into the bathroom.

I'm late! I'm so freaking late!

*

"I never thought you'd still consider coming to school at this time, Ms. Kwon."

Yuri tried not to send a glare at the teacher pacing back and forth in front of her. She had arrived late at class and as a result, she was given a punishment by kneeling outside the classroom with her arms raised up straight. She ignored the teacher's annoying lecture and instead focused her eyes on the marbled floor. 

Yuri remained in that position for about half an hour until their class had ended. She massaged her numb arms and tried to calm herself down. It was time for their next class and when she was just about to enter the classroom, she accidentally bumped into someone in the doorway. 

"Oops, sorry." A familiar voice squeaked. Yuri looked down and met eyes with Tiffany who instantly smiled at the sight of her. "Hi Yuri. I didn't see you this morning." 

"Woke up late." Yuri explained shortly. Tiffany nodded with a worried look on her face. She must've known that Yuri got punished because of her tardiness. 

"Are your arms okay?" Tiffany asked and reached over to touch her left arm when Yuri suddenly back away. A look of hurt flashed across the American girl's face for a second before it disappeared and was replaced with a smile. "I guess I'll just see you later Yuri." She nodded one last time before marching off.

Yuri scratched the back of her neck and sighed to herself. She didn't want to act so rude but she just doesn't like receiving any affectionate gesture. 

Especially not from Tiffany. 

Yuri went inside the classroom and was greeted by the usual noise of her classmates. She sat down at the very back and sighed tiredly once she plopped herself on her seat. She plugged earphones into her ears and started listening to music, until she felt a crumpled paper thrown at her head. She looked around to see who it came from, but all of her classmates seemed to busy with their own things. 

With a confused look, Yuri opened the piece of paper and saw a message.

[Meet me at the rooftop later at lunch. Don't you dare ditch me. - Your baby<3]

Yuri looked up just in time to catch the smirk on Jessica's lips. 

*

"What is this?"

Yuri stared at the piece of paper laid out neatly before her. As she looked at in closer and read the words imprinted on it, her eyes widened and she quickly shook her head in refusal. "No way, I am not getting myself into this." 

Jessica sat from across her and folded her arms over her chest. "Don't worry it's not going to be difficult. All you have to do is to sign your name at the bottom and then you'd be committed to repeat the same acts that we did last night for thirty days." 

Yuri picked up the paper and stared at it again. "Thirty days? Wasn't last night enough?" She asked with a voice full of astonishment. She should've just ignored Jessica's message earlier if she knew this was what's in store for her. 

The blonde looked down on her lap and laced her fingers together. "I had a talk with my dad, and he gave me a chance which is some sort of a challenge for me." She took a deep breathe before continuing. "He gave me one month to change his mind. He wanted me-- I mean you and I-- to prove to him that we are really in love to the point that I can't continue on with the marriage set up."

Yuri kept silent.

"And then I said yes. I did not have much of a choice. I have no plans of getting married at this young age." Jessica looked at Yuri's eyes and pleaded. "I'm sorry I got you into this. But I really do need your help. I'm sincerely asking you to not reject me and just sign your name on that contract. I swear, we're only going to pretend for a short period of time." 

Yuri diverted her gaze at the contract lying in front of her. Her mind was having another debate, but this time she was having a more difficult time to make her decision. Faking a relationship with a popular girl in school wasn't a part of Yuri's to-do list in life. All she wanted was a quiet peaceful life where she can isolate herself from the rest of the world.

All she wanted was to be alone. But in her current situation, things in her life might make some changes.

It's only for a month. And besides, I'm sure this brat would not stop pesting me even if I say no.

Jessica waited patiently, hands on her lap with her fingers tapping nervously against her thighs. Her eyes were locked on Yuri as she waited for the other girl to make her decision. Finally after a few seconds full of agony, the taller girl finally cleared and began to speak.

"This is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard in my life." Yuri stated, causing the blonde's heart to drop due to disappointment. "However, if it's the only way to help you get out of that stupid marriage then I'm in." 

"REALLY?!" Jessica suddenly jumped out of her seat causing Yuri to flinch in surprise. "You'd really do it?"

Yuri rolled her eyes but nodded grimly in the end. But before the blonde could even celebrate happily, Yuri suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her towards her, the distance with them slowly decreasing. 

"But," Yuri's warm breath tickled Jessica's face as she spoke. "In exchange for that, you also have to do something for me."

Jessica swallowed hard. But she never said no to what Yuri had asked of her to do.

*

Classes have ended and the students were finally able to go home. 

Yuri wore her bag over her shoulder and plugged the earphones into her ears. She hummed the song through her lips as she walked through the crowd of people in the hallway. As she passed by an empty corridor, she caught a sight of Jessica walking with three guys following her from behind. Out of curiousity, Yuri hid behind the wall and watched in silence as the blonde was suddenly stopped by one of the male students. 

"Hey Jessica." He called out in a sweet tone. "It's the fifth time I asked you this. Will you go out with me?" 

"No." Jessica answered simply but as she tried to walk ahead, the guy suddenly stepped forward and grabbed her arm. The blonde tried to wiggle herself free but the guy was persistent and kept on holding onto her. "Yah, Ok Taecyeon, what do you think you're doing?"

The guy named Taecyeon flashed a smile at her as if her glare did not even bother him. "Asking you out on a date of course."

Jessica yanked her arm free. "But I already said no!" She exclaimed, the tone of her voice getting more annoyed as the seconds passed by. But her answer did not seem to satisfy the guy because he suddenly signalled to his two friends and all of a sudden the two of them were holding Jessica side by side. Taecyeon walked up to her front and cupped her chin. 

"Hey Sica, are you always gonna be this hard to get? I know that you're the queen bee and everybody wants you, but you must admit that you're one lucky girl to have earned my interest right?" He grinned at her and Yuri had somehow felt a certain anger burn inside of her at the sight of it. 

"Let me go you jerk." Jessica snarled as she tried her best to release herself but to no avail. The two guys were too strong and they didn't seem to be planning to let her go without Taecyeon's word. "You can't do this to me."

"Of course I can. If you're the campus sweetheart, then I'm the campus hearthrob. Don't you get it? We're meant to be together." 

Jessica looked as though she wanted to spit him on the face. Taecyeon laughed mockingly and his friends even joined in the laughter as well. Yuri was watching closely and she did not even realize that her hands were already balled into fists.

What the heck,,Why am I even here? I shouldn't be watching like this. I should just leave. But then Jessica..

Wait, why should I care about her?

"Just you wait and see Jessica Jung." Taecyeon stated with a mischievous spark in his eyes. He gently trailed his hand down Jessica's stomach. "Soon enough you're gonna be min--" His own words were cutt off once a bag was suddenly thrown at the back of his head. The impact was so hard that it sent him stumbling out of balance. "What the? Who the hell did this?"

"You're so funny." Yuri suddenly appeared out of nowhere. She was leaning casually against the wall and one of her hands were holding a wooden stick. The three guys immediately stiffened at the sight of her. "I never knew you were that desperate to ask a girl out on a simple date."

Taecyeon tried to look angered but it was somehow obvious that he was feeling uncomfortable.

"What do you want Kwon Yuri?" He demanded. 

The tan girl lightly shrugged her shoulders and used the stick to scratch the back of her head. She grinned a little and Jessica was surprised at the sight of it. She had never seen Yuri smile or even grin. 

"Her." Yuri pointed at Jessica with her gaze. 

Taecyeon immediately blocked Jessica from Yuri's view. "Get your own fish you weirdo, this one's mine."

Yuri chuckled before charging towards Taecyeon. The guy reacted quickly and almost landed a punch on Yuri's face if it wasn't for Yuri's fast reflex. She was able to jab him in the stomach and it caused the poor guy to bend over his knees and groan in pain. 

Yuri glanced at the two other guys who instantly backed away. Taecyeon stood up straight and attempted to make another move, but he quickly ran away like a little girl when Yuri raised the stick that she was holding. Jessica watched in amazement as the three guys backed off as if they weren't a match for girl like Kwon Yuri. She stared at Yuri who was chuckling softly while at the same time shaking her head. It was really the first time she'd seen Yuri in this kind of situation.

Yuri met her eyes and the grin on her face disappeared.

"You saw nothing. Forget what had happened." The taller girl stated, throwing the stick away carelessly to the floor. She started walking off and Jessica quickly trailed after her. 

"Wow, that was.." Jessica was at loss for words. "..Amazing. They looked so afraid of you as if they knew that you can fight. And the way you talked so casually with them made it look like as if you've known them for a long time." The blonde's voice trailed off as she realized the meaning behind her words. She looked at Yuri with widening eyes.

Yuri glanced at her and as if reading the other girl's thoughts, she answered. "I don't know them. What happened back there was purely a coincidence." 

"But the way you moved.." Jessica recalled in her mind the way Yuri threw the bag at Taecyeon's head and the way she sharply landed a punch on his stomach. "Don't tell me.. Are you a gangster or an undercover spy?"

Yuri shook her head with a soft sigh. 

You're really weird, you know that? I can't believe I'm even allowing myself to talk to you.

"You've watched way too many movies." 

The two just ended their conversation once they got outside of the building. But as they were about to pass through the school gates, raindrops suddenly started falling on Yuri's head. She looked up and was greeted by the sight of a gray sky. 

"Oh no it's going to rain." 

"Hey Yuri, give me your jacket!" The blonde was already trying to cover the crown of her head with her hands. 

"Why?" Yuri had suddenly grabbed onto her jacket as if it was her dear life. 

"It's because I didn't bring any umbrella with me. We must use it together to shield us from the rain!" 

"No way! I don't want it to get wet!"

"Stupid! Even if you don't let me use it, it's still going to get soaked under the rain anyway!"

"Aish!" Yuri quickly removed her jacket and pulled Jessica close to her. The blonde almost squeaked at the sudden grab of her waist but she had no choice but to lean against the taller girl as Yuri placed the jacket above their heads. "On three, we're going to run at the other side of the street okay? One, two, three!"

This is all your fault Jessica Jung. I can't believe I got soaked in the rain because of you.

 

*

A/N: Tadaaa! I hope you guys like this chapter! Their fake relationship will start soon so please tune in to the story! If there are any mistakes please do inform me. :) Thank you to those who've subscribed and commented. ^_^