Jessica

Temporarily Yours

 

"It's not funny."

 

Jessica placed a hand over to stop herself from laughing but she eventually did. As soon as she opened the door to her apartment she ended up kneeling on the carpeted floor, hands on her stomach, and her melodic laughter echoing inside the living room. Meanwhile an agitated Yuri followed her from behind. The taller girl's blouse was badly stained with mud and her hair was dripping wet. 

"I can't believe you. This is all your fault yet you manage to laugh at me like that?" Yuri remarked with a scoff, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring down at the floor. 

Jessica was having a hard time breathing as she forced her laughter to a halt. She slowly got up to her feet but her frame started shaking a bit as she went back into laughing. She even had to lean against the nearest wall to maintain her balance. Yuri glared at her this time and waited for Jessica's boisterous laughter to die down. 

"I-I'm..Sorry..Can't help..it." Jessica struggled to say in between her heavy breathing. Her laughter eventually turned into soft chuckles and soon enough only a teasing grin was left on her face. "Seriously, that was so damn funny."

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one who had to chase an annoying blonde girl who stole my jacket and ran all the way across the street. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have slipped on a stupid mud puddle and ended up like this!" Yuri exclaimed frustratingly as she tugged at the hem of her dirty blouse. Jessica took a glance at the other girl's ruined uniform and felt a bit guilty. 

Jessica suddenly grabbed Yuri's hand and started dragging her towards her bedroom. 

"What--Where are you taking me?" The taller girl asked before landing her gaze on their joined hands. She started to wiggle her hand free from the older girl's grip. "And more importantly, why are you touching my hand?"

The blonde rolled her eyes and continued trudging to her bedroom. "Stop squirming and just follow me. I'll let you borrow some of my clothes while I put yours in the dishwasher." 

The two girls entered a huge bedroom with a queen-sized bed placed on the middle. Yuri let her eyes wander around the place in amazement while the shorter girl continued dragging her off towards a closet. The younger girl was too busy marvelling her eyes around the wonderfully decorated room that she didn't notice Jessica rummaging through her dresser.

"Here you go Kwon." 

Yuri, thanks to her fast reflexes, was able to catch an oversized shirt and a pair of denim shorts. She then glanced at Jessica before glancing at the clothes that were lying on her arms. It took a few seconds for the blonde to get the message and when she did, she walked out of room saying, "Okay I got it. I won't stay here and watch you undress in front of me."

Yuri was about to take her shirt off when the bedroom door opened slightly and voice came whispered something.

"And besides, I already saw you anyway so there's no point in hiding anything in there."

*

It was a lovely Saturday morning and Jessica had an amazing plan of staying in bed for the entire day. But unfortunately, her plans are to be cancelled after receiving a surprise call from her father. 

Jessica had to force herself out of bed as she answered the upcoming call on her phone.

"Hello?" She answered in a not-so-friendly manner of her voice.

"Hello darling. I just called to ask if you're free this afternoon." 

"Free? For what?"

"I had settled a reservation for you and Dongwook in a fancy restaurant."

Jessica suddenly sat up straight and her sleepiness was forgotten. "Excuse me? You made a dinner reservation for me with that man? Dad I thought I told you that we're not going through with this cause I already have--"

"I know that you're already with someone. But goodness gracious Jessica the two of you have only been together for five months! Your decisions can still change, your heart can still choose someone better."

I can't believe I'm hearing this. Jessica fought the urge to cancel the call and throw her phone at the wall.

"One night with Dongwook wouldn't hurt right? This is a sincere request from your father." 

Jessica couldn't even spend a single second alone with that guy. Sure he was handsome, smart, and kind but seeing his face reminds Jessica of the fact that her father had arranged a marriage behind her back. 

But on the other hand, this would be a chance for Jessica to make things better.

Better for her, worse for her marriage.

"Okay dad, I'll go." Jessica finally answered with a playful smile tugging at the edge of her lips.

Her father sounded joyful yet surprised at the same time. "Really? That sounds wonderful. I'll inform Dongwook immediately about it then." 

"Sounds great." Jessica could imagine her evil laughter going on inside her head. 

"Do you want me to send a driver for you?" Okay, her father sounds seriously excited about this. He has no idea what Jessica was planning inside her brain. 

The blonde fought an urge to smile as a certain face appeared in her mind.

"No need for that dad, I already know someone who can take me there."

*

"Come on, double time girls! Show me what you've been training for!"

Jessica sat on the bleachers and diligently searched for the person she was looking for. She was at their school's soccer field since the person she is searching for is a member of the soccer team. Her hands tightened its grip on the water bottle that she was holding as her eyes narrowed once she caught a sight of a certain tan girl who was running around the field.

A smile appeared on her face and she was about to call out the girl's name when all of a sudden there was someone who did it ahead of her.

"GO YURI-AH! YOU CAN DO IT!"

Jessica flinched at the loudness of the girl's voice who was sitting a few meters away from her. She looked at the girl and recognized her familiar face, remembering that she was the one named Tiffany Hwang. Jessica watched in amusement as the American girl continued cheering like a crazy fangirl who kept on chanting Yuri's name.

Wait, Yuri.. I almost forgot.

The coach blew on the whistle and signalled for a break, receiving delighted sighs coming from the players. Jessica quickly stood up from her seat as she watched Yuri walk over to the side to take a short rest. Jessica quickly stepped down from the bleachers and started heading towards her, but she suddenly paused in her tracks upon seeing Tiffany approach Yuri with a bottle of water in tow. 

"Hi, you must be exhausted." Tiffany exclaimed with slight worry as she handed the drink. Yuri accepted it while muttering a soft thanks. Jessica stood by and watched them interact, not noticing a certain uncomfortable feeling forming in the pit of her stomach.

What's going on? I must be hungry.

Jessica started to forget about the reason why she came here in the first place since her mind was filled with the thoughts of Yuri and Tiffany's relationship. It's kind of weird for her knowing that Yuri doesn't like to interact with any person besides her, but then there's Tiffany who seems to be having some sort of special bond with her.

The more she thought about it, the more she could feel that undesirable churn in her stomach. 

Just as she decided to leave, someone suddenly covered her eyes from behind. Jessica didn't even have to turn around and see who it was since she easily recognized the person just by feeling her soft hands.

"Kim Taengoo." Jessica muttered out with a giggle.

"Hey, how did you know it was me?" The shorter girl flashed her a dimpled smile before eyeing the water bottle that was on her hand. "Is that for me?" Before Jessica could even respond Taeyeon had already grabbed the drink from her and started gulping down the water. "Aw thanks, I never knew you cared for me that much that you'd actually pay me a visit on a weekend when you're usually asleep."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Disgusting Tae. But I didn't come here for you." She eyed Yuri who was standing a few meters away, munching on a sandwich with Tiffany sitting next to her.

"Oh really? Then why are you--" Taeyeon followed the direction as to where her bestfriend was looking at and her eyebrow immediately raised to her forehead. "You're here because of Yuri? Wait, did you ask her about the fake girlfriend thing?"

Jessica didn't answer but instead shot Taeyeon a look which confirmed her suspicion.

Taeyeon beamed a smile and placed her hands over the taller girl's shoulders. "I'm so happy for you. I'm glad that you followed my advice."

"And you give the worst one, I swear." Jessica muttered.

The two best friends proceeded on their conversation, not noticing the fact that there were a pair of eyes watching them. After a while the coach had returned and signalled for the soccer players to get back on the field. Taeyeon waved goodbye and flashed one last smile at Jessica before running off. 

Jessica nodded in response as she watched her bestfriend rush off, joining the other girls who were talking to the coach. Her eyes eventually landed on Yuri who stood next to Taeyeon. Jessica giggled after noticing the height difference between them. But then the smile got wiped out of her face as she caught of Tiffany sitting on the bleachers. The brunette had her eyes locked on Yuri while a hopeful smile appeared on her lips.

Jessica thought about it for a second and realized how obviously Tiffany was crushing on Yuri. She didn't want to break anybody's heart but if she wouldn't do anything, Tiffany might possibly make a move on Yuri and that will somehow affect their fake girlfriend-and-girlfriend relationship. She couldn't let that happen.

The blonde glanced at the brunette for one last time before deciding on what she should do.

*

"Yuri-ah!"

"Hey Kwon!"

Jessica tried to call Yuri but it was also the exact same time when she heard Tiffany calling out Yuri's name. Yuri had a look os surprise as she looked back and forth between Tiffany and Jessica who were both approaching her at the same time. 

"Jessica? What are you doing here?" Yuri greeted the blonde first with a raised eyebrow. Jessica smiled at her and had somehow stole a glimpse at the other American girl before leaning towards Yuri. The tan girl slightly backed away from the sudden movement of the blonde, only to feel a gentle wipe at her forehead. She blinked her eyes dumbfoundedly as she realized that Jessica was swiping off her sweat with a face towel.

"Baby, you're sweating all over." Jessica purred with a pout, not knowing that another pair of eyes were eyeing her affectionate action. 

Yuri quickly swatted Jessica's hand away and stared at her with confusion. "What on earth are yo--" The blonde placed a finger on her lips causing Yuri to shut herself up. She tried to glare at Jessica but the girl only flashed her a wink. 

"Gosh, you're sweating all over! You definitely have to take a shower." Jessica remarked as she continued damping the cloth all over Yuri's face. "Because you know that I won't let you kiss me if you smell like that." Her last sentence caused both Yuri and Tiffany's eyes to widen.

"You..Are you guys together?" Tiffany spoke suddenly and Yuri had almost forgotten that she was there too. She suddenly felt a weird tug at her heart upon seeing the crestfallen look that showed on the brunette's face. 

Yuri tried to say no, but Jessica spoke faster than her.

"Nobody's supposed to know about it yet, but I do hope that you can keep a secret." Jessica asked sincerely with a smile. Tiffany glanced at Yuri with eyes still filled confusion, but she managed to force out a smile and nodded gleefully towards the blonde. "Sure, Jessica. I'm happy for you both." She said it but the sound of her voice says otherwise.

Yuri didn't even have time to wonder why Jessica was doing what she was doing in the moment, beause her attention was focused on the brunette who gave her a gentle smile. "You never told me you had a girlfriend Yuri. I know we're not friends, but you could've at least let me know." She then let out a soft chuckle which had some sort of sadness in it. "Congratulations. I hope you two will be happy together." 

Jessica watched as Tiffany walked away, possibly with a broken heart. She felt guilty about making things hard for the girl, but she had no choice. She couldn't let anybody ruin her plans. 

And besides, once this marriage issue was over, Tiffany can have all of Yuri.

Jessica's thoughts were interrupted once Yuri had suddenly grabbed her arm and started dragging her off somewhere. They ended up inside the girls' locker room where there was nobody else around except for them. Jessica was greeted by Yuri's questioning eyes and she already knew that they were up to something bad. 

"What was that about?"

"What was what about?"

"You know, your little act back there." Yuri demanded as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Why were you suddenly being so lovey-dovey towards me and why did you tell Tiffany that we're dating?" The blonde was slightly taken aback by the way Yuri had sounded so agitated, as if she was bothered by it so much. 

Jessica nearly scoffed as she rolled her eyes. "Are you really that oblivious Yuri? It was freaking obvious that Tiffany likes you! Of course I had to do something in order to prevent her from coming in between us." 

"Us? There is no us."

"That's not what I meant you idiot." Jessica slapped Yuri's arm and rolled her eyes again. "I meant about our fake relationship. Okay tell me, what would you do if Tiffany continues to fall for you while we do our little act? Then she would get even more hurt! And the worse case is that you might possibly fall for her too."

"As if that would even happen." Yuri muttered coldly as she stared at the ground beneath her feet. 

"I'm just trying to be careful." Jessica said in defense. "And besides, I have another reason why I came here in the first place. I need you to ask you a favor."

Yuri raises an eyebrow and she started having a feeling that she was not going to like what she was about to hear.

"And what could that be?"

"Wear something formal tonight. My dad wants us to have dinner with him."

 

*

A/N: Sorry very late update guys! I've been pretty busy with a lot of things which is why I was only able to post this chapter today. :) The next chapter will be better than this (hopefully) and I will post it as soon as possible. :) Thank you to all those who commented and subscribed! I also want to thank the silent readers out there. :D