Jessica

Temporarily Yours

 

"You did what?"

 

Taeyeon kept herself busy by playing with her fingers in order to avoid the piercing gaze a certain blonde was giving her. They were alone inside the classroom having their private talk, and their conversation revolved around the talk Taeyeon had with Yuri concerning Jessica's problem. 

"Kim Taeyeon! Why did you even do that?" Jessica says frustratingly. "You shouldn't have asked her to do something like that."

"But I didn't have much of a choice." Taeyeon replies defiantly with a certain look in her eyes. "She's the only one I know who's capable of helping you without asking anything back in return. And besides, we don't have much time left to figure out any other solution. Trust me Sica, this is the only way."

Jessica ran her fingers through her hair and let out a soft sigh. She gazed out at the window longingly before diverting her gaze back at the shorter girl. "But why can't you do it instead?" 

Taeyeon cocked an eyebrow at her. "Well first of all, I'm no good at acting. And secondly, wouldn't it be weird if we act all lovey-dovey in front of your dad? We've been bestfriends since kindergarten. No offense, but being intimate with you is kinda to me." He words received another glare from Jessica, followed by a pencil that was thrown at Taeyeon's head.

"You idiot. It's as if you told me that I'm disgusting." The younger girl rolled her eyes. 

"That's not what I meant." Taeyeon stated with a soft chuckle but then her face went serious as she continued on, "But I'm serious here Sica. You don't know Yuri unlike I do. I've been with her in the soccer team since the beginning of highschool. She's the exact perfect match for you."

"Don't you get it? She hates me!" Jessica remarked with annoyance. "She has this certain look of distaste whenever I try to approach her. I've tried my best to be nice and everything but she's just so--" She raised her hands in the air dramatically as she tried to find the right words to say. "--so irritatingly stubborn and mean." 

Taeyeon just wouldn't back down. "But if you'll try to get to know her, I'm sure you'll learn to accept her."

"Whatever. She already said she doesn't want to do it right?" Jessica crossed her arms over her chest and stared at the blackboard ahead of her. "Then neither do I."

*

Jessica's geometry class had just finished and it was time for the students to have their free time. As usual as she got out of the classroom, she was surrounded by her group of friends who were all a part of the popular society. She chatted and laughed with them as if nothing's wrong in her life. But everything changed once she saw Kwon Yuri leaning against her locker, looking as though she'd been waiting for her.

Jessica paused in her tracks.

"Hey Jess, anything wrong?" Sunny asked, noticing the change of expression on her friend's face. 

"Nothing. You guys can go ahead. I'll text you later." Jessica said flatly before heading over to where Yuri was standing. 

Yuri's eyes met hers and Jessica forced herself to smile. The taller girl only stared at her blankly in return. They stood in front of each other for a few seconds until someone finally decided to break the silence between them.

"I've been waiting for you." Yuri began, her voice soft and cautious. "But it's just because of our project. I've decided to do it with you since, uhm.." The taller girl scratched the back of her neck as she spoke with hesitation. "..I sort of didn't want you to have a failing grade on your own."

What? Why is she suddenly being nice to me?

"Oh really?" Jessica raised an eyebrow but fought the urge to smirk. "Well that's really nice and thoughtful of you. What's with the sudden change of demeanor Kwon?" 

"I had a talk with our teacher. He warned me not to leave you or else he'd remove me from the list of top ten." Yuri stated with a hint of annoyance. "I just don't get why all these people are too overprotective of you. It's not like you're a princess or anything."

"But I am, in their eyes." Jessica smiled coyly before shoving Yuri aside who was blocking her locker. She opened her locker and started stuffing her things inside. "So, when do we start making our project?"

Yuri almost winced upon hearing the word 'we'. She's obviously still not used to working with somebody. Jessica didn't know the reason why but somehow she felt the need to understand the girl. 

"How about now so we can get over with it already." Yuri responded. "I can't stand being in your presence any longer."

Jessica rolled her eyes as she slammed her locker closed and grabbed onto the strap of her bag. "The feeling is mutual." She then walked off, leaving Yuri with no choice but to follow her lead.

*

"Yuri-ah!"

Jessica took note of the heavy sigh that escaped Yuri's lips as a girl with light brown hair approached them. The girl beamed Yuri a cheerful smile and latched onto her arm like a leech. It took her a few seconds to realize that Jessica was right there with them.

"Oh, I didn't know you were with somebody." The girl's eyebrows creased together in a confused frown. She quickly lets go of Yuri in order to bow to the blonde. "Hi, you must be the great Jessica Jung. My name is Tiffany Hwang." The girl offered her a hand and Jessica did not hesitate to shake it. 

"Hi." Jessica smiled briefly. 

"Are you guys going somewhere together?" Tiffany said the word 'together' in a weird way as if she was hesitating to say it at first. The girl's eyes were locked at Yuri who was too busy staring at her feet. 

"Yeah, we're kind of planning to do our project for today." Yuri responded. "So I can't walk with you this afternoon. I hope you understand." 

Jessica couldn't believe her ears. Was Kwon Yuri being actually nice to somebody? She's never seen her be so gentle with someone before. 

Tiffany nodded with a small smile. "It's okay. We can go together some other time." She patted Yuri on the shoulder and smiled at Jessica for one last time before heading off. 

"You never told me you had a girlfriend." Jessica remarked out of the blue while they were walking outside of school. Yuri glared at her for a short moment before kicking a pebble out of their way. 

"She's not my girlfriend." Yuri answered. "And why would I tell you if I have one or not? We're not close." 

Jessica pretended to be hurt by gasping and placing a hand over her heart. The action earned a look of annoyance and a rolling of eyes from the taller girl. "That hurts Yuri-ah. I thought that once we became partners in this project, we'd be able to build a friendship between us." 

Yuri paused in her tracks which made Jessica do so as well. The blonde's eyes widened when Yuri suddenly turned towards her and started leaning forward, the distance between their faces getting smaller and smaller. 

The blonde's breathing hitched when Yuri only paused when their faces were half an inch away from each other.

"That will never happen." Yuri said softly with her dark brown orbs staring through Jessica's.

Jessica, when she finally got into her senses, pushed Yuri as far away from her as possible. She glared at the street ahead of them and disliked the fact that her cheeks were slightly burning in that very moment. She took note to herself to hate Kwon Yuri twice this time.

"You do know that I was just joking right?"

"Whatever." Yuri spatted out. 

Jessica flashed her a small grin. "Tiffany's kinda cute."

Yuri could only roll her eyes in response. "Shut up."

By the time the two stopped bickering, they've arrived at the apartment where Jessica lives. She led Yuri all the way up to the ninth floor where her unit was located. As the two entered Jessica's place, Yuri couldn't help but wander her eyes around the simple yet elegantly-decorated place. Judging by the brand and the styles of the furniture in Jessica's living room, it was obvious how wealthy the girl was. 

"Coffee or juice?" Jessica asked as she hung the blazer of her uniform. 

Yuri politely declined with a shake of her head. "No thanks."

"Water then it is." Jessica decided before raising an eyebrow at the taller girl. "I should tell you by now that I'm the type who doesn't take no for an answer."

*

The two were sprawled across the carpeted floor in the living room. Both were thinking about the concept of their project, which was about getting to know your partner. They had to think of each of their own creative way of describing their partner's personality based on their observance and experience of knowing each other. 

"Should I just make a drawing of you?" Jessica asked inquiringly while sketching out a stickman on a piece of paper.

Yuri rolled her eyes. "I don't want to receive a failing grade just because of a girl who draws like a kindergarten."

"Hey!"

"Truth hurts." Yuri received a pillow cushion on her face accompanied by Jessica's childish act of sticking her tongue out. She had never seen someone so childish yet slightly adorable at the same time. "Stop making that face. It's annoying."

"Everybody loves my aegyo." Jessica boasted with a twitch of her nose. 

"Apparently not when it looks so annoying it makes me wanna punch you in the face." Yuri said in retort. Jessica was about to pinch her arm when she suddenly remembered that it's Kwon Yuri that she's with. She is not supposed to be playing with this girl because Yuri might get the idea that Jessica's getting comfortable with her and it might scare the girl away. 

The blonde suddenly cleared and her face turned serious. 

"So, do you have any other suggestion?"

Yuri tapped the pen against her chin while thinking. "I'll come up with something. I will just tell you once I do."

Jessica nodded silently, until an idea suddenly popped into her mind. "I got it!" She suddenly exclaimed with a snap of her fingers, making Yuri flinch on her seat. She glanced at Yuri and gave her a toothy grin. "I'll write a song about you." 

Yuri's eyebrows creased. "What? A song?"

"Yeah. I can compose a song that describes you." The blonde stated gleefully. "Then I would sing it during class when we present our projects. Is that alright?" 

"Sounds kinda lame to me." Yuri gave off a light shrug. "But if it's what you want, then go ahead. That's your business."

"But this is our project!" Jessica was really starting to get annoyed about Yuri's indifference. The younger girl ignored her and focused her attention instead on the book that she was reading. Jessica puffed her cheeks as she sat down on the floor. "You're being so difficult to talk to."

Yuri raised an eyebrow at her. "Maybe you can add that one to the lyrics of your song."

"..And so annoying!" Jessica threw another pillow at her face but this time Yuri had managed to duck her head. 

*

Evening came and Yuri was still at Jessica's apartment. The girl should've left a long time ago after the discussion of their plans for the project, but it suddenly rained and Yuri was forced to stay longer since she didn't bring any umbrella with her. Jessica took it as a chance to annoy Yuri and get to know her a bit more, but Yuri was being really stubborn and refused to talk to her.

Meanwhile, Jessica was alone in the living room watching tv while Yuri was inside the bathroom. All of a sudden the doorbell had rang and Jessica opened the door without even checking the peephole.

"Who is i--" Her words were cut off once her father was standing in front of her. "Dad?"

Mr. Jung smiled at her but it quickly disappeared. It has been days since they last saw each other and as far as Jessica can remember, her father did not have this much wrinkles on his forehead the last time she saw him.

"Can I come in?" He asked. Jessica stepped aside and allowed him to enter without muttering a word.

"What is it that you want?" Jessica asked once they made it to the living room. Her father sat down on the couch and clasped his hands together. Jessica could tell that he's stressed, and it was no doubt about his work and the marriage issue.

Mr. Jung cleared his throat before speaking. "Have you thought about it?"

"About what?"

"Marrying." And once he said the word, Jessica was once again thrown into fit of rage. She thought that maybe if she distanced herself from him, which she did successfully, would convince him to cancel the idea. But he's here right now and is still bringing it up. "I already told you that you can't say no to this marriage."

"I already did." Jessica stated flatly. She didn't want to sound so harsh and rebellious against her father, but he left her with no choice. "You can't force me to do something that I don't want to do. I am not getting married with that Dongwoon."

"His name is Dongwook." Mr. Jung corrected but Jessica couldn't care less. "You should give him a chance. This is for the sake of our company Jessica! Imagine how much money we'd make and how much people we'll be able to help if we manage to improve the production of our business." 

Jessica placed her hands over her ears and shaked her head. "I don't care about any of those! I will never get married to that man!"

"Stop being so selfish, even for once! Why do you always think about yourself only?" Mr. Jung demanded, only to see Jessica's eyes which were filled with anger and disbelief. 

"Why don't you ask yourself that question dad?" Jessica asked, hands clenching and teeth gritted./"You're only thinking about yourself and your stupid company, not even considering your own daughter's happiness. Tell me dad, have you ever told me even for once that you wanted me to be happy?"

Her father became silent. Jessica already knew the answer. 

"I won't marry him dad." Jessica stated in a firm voice and a determined look in her eyes. 

"This is not just about what you want Sooyeon." Mr. Jung already stood up from the couch and fixed his eyes on his daughter.

"I know dad. But it's not just because I don't want to marry him, it's also because I can't." Jessica continued with her heart racing. She know the next words that she's about to say were heavy and a huge risk, but she has to grab the chance while she has the opportunity to do so. "I can't marry him dad because I'm already with someone."

Her father's eyes widened in surprise after hearing her sentence. He almost stumbled backwards out of shock when all of a sudden the bathroom door opened and a girl came out of it.

Before the girl could open and say anything, Jessica had already latched herself onto the girl's arm. 

"Dad, meet my other half. Her name is Kwon Yuri, and we are deeply in love."

 

*

 

A/N: Fourth chapter is done! LOL there goes a cliffhanger. :D Sorry about it guys but I hope you enjoyed this part of the story. Please tune in to the next chapter where things will start to go out of hand. :) Will Yuri be able to go with Jessica's crazy plan? Find out!

Thank you those who subcribed and commented! ^_^