Yuri

Temporarily Yours

 

Yuri was going mad.

 

Literally.

 

"Come on sis, you have to wear this!" 

"Get away from me Jiyong! There's no way in hell that I'm going to wear that ridiculous thing." 

"But it looks really pretty on you!"

Two figures were running around the living room, one was holding a black mini dress on his hands as he chased the other one who kept on trying to escape from him. Soon enough the loud stomps of their feet and the loud volume of their voices had brought an old lady out of her room. 

"What on earth is going on here?" The two stopped their childish antics and faced their grandmother who was looking at them with a disapproving gaze. "What is the noise all about? I hope you two know that I was trying to get some sleep back there." Yuri and her brother Jiyong kept their guilty eyes on the floor. 

"Well, aren't you going to say anything to explain what the fuss is all about?" 

Yuri was about to open to speak but her brother already went ahead of her. "Yuri's going on a date and I was trying to help her find something to wear." A sly smile appeared at the end of Jiyong's lips as he made his statement, and Yuri stopped herself from strangling him. 

The grandmother looked slightly taken aback. "A date? Yuri-ah, is that true?" A spark of hope was evident in her eyes and in the manner that she spoke. Yuri swallowed nervously and shot a murderous glare at Jiyong before responding to the old woman's question. 

"It's not really a date granny. Just a dinner with a..special friend." She wasn't entirely lying, just not totally telling the truth. It wasn't the right time for her to explain what was going on in her life. And besides, she had only an hour to prepare before she leaves to pick up Jessica from her apartment. 

"So when will I meet this friend of yours?" Her grandmother asked with a smile full of excitement. 

"Not today granny. Maybe some other time when I get to invite that person over." Yuri stated with a forced smile. She really didn't know how to push things through but she somehow promised to herself that she had to introduce someone to her grandmother if that was what's going to make her happy and live longer. 

"Invite over for what? Sleepover?" Jiyong asked with a teasing grin before adding in a whisper, "I'm telling you this now. Our walls our pretty thin and we can practically hear any noise that you two would mak--" He wasn't able to continue his sentence when Yuri suddenly snatched the dress from him before punching him square on the stomach. Jiyong bent on his knees and groaned in pain. 

"Shut up or I'll give you what you're really asking for." Yuri hissed through gritted teeth. Jiyong laughed and raised his hands up in mock surrender. 

"Aish you two cut it out. Jiyong, leave your sister alone." The old woman scolded gently. "And about you youg lady, get dressed. You don't want to keep your date waiting right?" Yuri returned her grandmother's smile before marching off into her room. She could still hear her grandmother reprimanding her brother and she couldn't help but to smile a little.

"But I was only trying to help!"

"Just shut your mouth and get yourself a girlfriend Jiyong."

*

Yuri stared at the black dress laid in front of her on her bed. 

After a few seconds she finally shook her head. When she was little, her mother had loved to dress her up in skirts and dresses but as she entered middle school, things have changed. Yuri began to wear pants or denim shorts more often, disliking the thought of wearing anything related to too much girly clothing. 

This dress wouldn't do.

And besides, she had a feeling that Jessica would wear a dress so wouldn't it be a little awkward if the two of them are wearing a dress? She should at least wear something that would declare her manly side of the relationship. The two of them had never discussed it before but Yuri already knew that she was the one wearing the pants. The blonde girl was too feminine and annoying to be the manly one. 

I still can't believe that girl got me into this.

Yuri disregarded the dress and started rummaging through her closet. She eventually ended up wearing a pair of black leggings and a white top which complimented her curves perfectly. She stared at her reflection in the mirror and smiled in satisfaction. Although Yuri was not the type to fawn about fashion, she was always conscious about the way she wears. 

"Perfect." She whispered to herself. 

*

Yuri parked her red motorcycle in front of the building of Jessica's apartment. She glanced at her watch and noticed that she was several minutes earlier than the expected time of their meeting. She waited for a few more minutes until she caught a glimpse of a familiar figure with blonde hair stepping out of the entrance. 

"Hi Yuri-- Oh my God what is that?" Jessica pointed at the motorbike and stared at it as if it was the most horrible thing she has ever seen. 

"It's my baby." Yuri answered proudly as she patted the vehicle. 

Jessica stared at it for a few more seconds before shaking her head in refusal. "No, I am not going to ride that thing. Why didn't you even bring a car with you instead?" 

"I don't drive cars." Yuri stated casually as she played with her helmet. "Bikes are more comfortable, more risky." The slight smirk on her face did not ease Jessica's nervousness at all. The taller girl tried not to laugh at the obvious discomfort in the facial expression of the blonde. 

"We're going on a dinner Yuri. It's in a fancy restaurant. How can we go all the way there with that..that thing?" Jessica sighed heavily. 

"Easy. You're going to sit behind me, wear this helmet, wrap your arms around my waist and then we'll shoot straight into the sky." Yuri stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. She patted the pink helmet in her hands and motioned the other girl to the vacant spot behind her. "Now hop on."

Jessica took a step back and shook her head. "No. Don't you have an idea how many people died because of motorbike accidents?" 

Yuri chuckled softly, something that she usually doesn't do. But Jessica's reaction was really funny for her and she was starting to think that the blonde was actually entertaining after all. "I know I may seem dangerous but don't worry, I won't let you die." 

"But--"

"Just hop on. Or do you want to take a cab and attend the dinner by yourself?" Yuri threatened with a knowing look in her eyes. "You know I can always go home." She started the engine of the bike and attempted to leave but within a split second Jessica was already at her side, holding onto her arm. 

"Okay okay, please don't leave." Yuri looked at the pair of hands grabbing on her arm. She suddenly felt something weird inside her chest and it also did not help that the older girl was looking at her with pleading eyes. "I just..You have to promise me that you won't let me fall off this thing okay?"

Yuri nodded mindlessly. She was too busy staring into Jessica's eyes that she almost didn't hear what the other girl was saying. 

"I know you hate me a lot but I beg you not to bring me to my death." Jessica joked and laughed a little. The sound of her melodic laugh had brought Yuri back into reality and she quickly tore her eyes away from the other girl. She shook her head and mentally scolded herself for staring.

What the hell was I doing?

"Uhm, Yuri?" Jessica's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and then she realized that the girl was already behind her. There was a look of discomfort and hesitation on the blonde's face and it made Yuri feel a little guilty about forcing the girl to ride on her bike. Surely Jessica wouldn't react that way if she wasn't afraid, right?

Yuri did something which she promised herself she would never do again. But she had no choice because she had to convince Jessica that she would never let her fall.

The only thing she's not sure about is if she's only talking about falling from the motorbike.

Jessica's eyes widened a bit when Yuri suddenly grabbed her arms and wrapped them around her waist. The older girl knew that Yuri didn't like skinships, but she had no choice but to lean against her back. The warmth of Yuri's back had sent an odd feeling inside Jessica, a feeling which she wanted to experience more often. 

"Hold on tight." Yuri said in a surprisingly gentle tone. "Don't worry, I won't ever let you fall."

*

They arrived at an Italian restaurant that evening. Jessica led the way and Yuri followed up closely behind her. The place was filled with people, most of them looking like people of high standards and first class societies. Yuri was once again observing her surroundings with her eyes and she didn't realize that the girl in front of her had stopped walking until she bumped against her.

"What's wrong?" Yuri questioned once their walking had suddenly come to a halt.

Jessica stared at somewhere with slightly worried eyes. "They're already here." 

Yuri followed her gaze and noticed a table at the back of the restaurant where two men were sitting together. She recognized one of them as Jessica's father but then she had no idea who the younger looking man was. She looked at Jessica questioningly. 

"Who is the other guy?" She asked.

Jessica did not respond but instead grabbed Yuri's hand. She could feel Jessica's nervousness with the way she trembled and started to feel a bit worried, but the older girl looked at her and flashed a confident smile. The worry in Yuri's heart deflated and something inside of her pushed her to reciprocate the smile that was given to her.

I shouldn't even be worrying about her in the first place.

"Come on, it's showtime. No matter what happens, just pretend that you're madly in love with me." Jessica whispered to her ear before walking off, dragging Yuri in tow.

 

"Hi daddy." Jessica smiled sweetly as she walked over to her father and gave him a kiss on the crown of his head. She bowed politely towards the other man whose eyes twinkled at the sight of her. But the smiles on the two men's faces disappeared once Jessica grabbed Yuri's hand and pulled her to her side. "I brought someone with me."

A frown immediately made its way on Mr. Jung's face as he met eyes with Yuri. Yuri tried to smile even though it came out awkwardly, and bowed in respect. Her gestures were ignored as Mr. Jung suddenly got up from his seat and started dragging his daughter off somewhere to talk.

In the meanwhile, Yuri was left alone standing by. The awkwardness was becoming more and more present in the atmosphere and she disliked the feeling that the guy sitting on the table was staring at her. She laid her eyes on him and he smiled in a friendly way.

"Hi. I'm sorry for being rude, my name is Dongwook by the way." He stood up and reached out his hand. Yuri took it and half-heartedly smiled at him, 

"My name is Yuri." 

"Oh, are you Jessica's bestfriend? Or are you a cousin?" He asked once they both settled down on their seats. But the smile got wiped off his face once Yuri answered his question with a smug smile.

"No actually, I'm Jessica's girlfriend." 

Just in time to witness the taken aback look on Dongwook's face and triumphant smile on Yuri's, Jessica and her father had reappeared. Mr. Jung seems to be horrified at the situation while Jessica only mirrors the smile on Yuri's face. 

*

"So let me get this straight, you two are dating?"

Jessica nodded happily as she reached out to hold hands with Yuri. "Yes we are."

But then Mr. Jung quickly interfered. "But they've only been together for five months. I think my daughter can still change her mind and she can consider marrying you." 

Dongwook was still wearing the expression of shock but he smiled and shook his head. "No it's okay Mr. Jung, I do not want to force your daughter. Not especially now when she already has someone." He nodded towards Yuri but she can tell that his smile was somehow forced. 

Mr. Jung looked grim as he glanced at his daughter and said in a serious tone, "But she will try to think about it. Right sweetie?"

"I already told you dad, I'm not going to break off my relationship with Yuri just because of your company." She looked at Yuri and they both smiled at each other. Yuri felt another wave of a tingling sensation inside her chest as she stared into the other girl's eyes. "I'm in love with her."

Yuri and Jessica shared an eye contact where Jessica was trying to signal her to do something. 

'Kiss me'. It was what Yuri was seeing in the way the blonde was looking at her. 'Kiss me now.'

'What? No way!' Yuri was bewildered. 

'Just do it or I'll kill you.' Jessica narrowed her eyes. Yuri swallowed hard and couldn't remember the last time she felt so inferior towards someone.

Slowly but surely, Yuri leaned forward and planted a kiss on Jessica's cheek. As she pulled away she thought she saw disappointment flicker in the older girl's eyes but she quickly brushed it off thinking that maybe it was Jessica's growing annoyance towards her father. 

When Yuri faced her front, she was greeted by Mr. Jung's lovely glare. 

"So Yuri, what course are you going to take in college?" The elder Jung asked they began to eat their dinner. 

"I'm planning on taking accounting sir." She responded. "But I'm also thinking on taking the course of Filming." 

Mr. Jung's eyebrows raised up in interest. He looked at Yuri in a serious way and asked, "Filming? Why is that so?"

"It's because Yuri's good at directing dad." Jessica answered for her. She wasn't lying, she was telling the truth. Jessica had observed it when they were conducting a theater play in school and Yuri was the one assigned to direct the flow of the show. 

Yuri nodded in agreement. She's usually not comfortable in talking to anyone about her goals in life but she knew she had to do this to win over the impression of Jessica's father. 

"Film directors do not usually earn much money. I think it depends on how well their film succeeds." He stated. "How am I going to be sure that you'd be able to give my daughter a wonderful life?" 

"I'll do my best sir." Yuri responded with a look of determination in her eyes. "I'll work hard in order to earn enough for my future with her." She turned to look at Jessica and she smiled. 

Mr. Jung wasn't convinced at all. 

"I can't rely much on a person's efforts. There are some who work and work but they can never achieve the good life that they aim for." He gazed at her disapprovingly before continuing, "And I certainly do not want my daughter to end up living on the streets." 

"Dad." Jessica's voice was serving as a warning for him to stop. Although she and Yuri were just pretending, she just couldn't let her father say all these mean things. She didn't want Yuri to get offended because it was her whom they were talking about. 

"It's okay Sica." Yuri smiled gently. 

Sica. What a nickname Kwon Yul.

"No it's not." Jessica's voice was becoming more and more agitated as the seconds pass by. "I can't let him look down on you like this." 

"I am not looking down on her. I am just simply stating the truth." Mr. Jung said defiantly. "I just don't understand why you would choose this young woman who is clearly unsure of her dreams over a man like Dongwook who is capable of providing you with a good life." 

"Stop it dad! You don't know what you're talking about." Jessica spat through gritted teeth. She was starting to get upset and was trying hard to fight back the tears which were threatening to escape from the corners of her eyes. 

"Of course I do. You're my daughter and I only want what's the best for you." 

"You don't know what's the best for me! You only want what's best for you and your stupid company!" Jessica suddenly shot straight up from her seat with Yuri holding tightly onto her arm. "You never want me to be happy. If you can't accept the fact that I'm with Yuri, then that's your problem. We are done here." 

She then left, leaving Yuri with no choice but to run after her.

Mr. Jung sat back down with a heavy sigh. He rubbed his temple with his hands while Dongwook tried to comfort him by rubbing his back. 

"I don't know what to do with her. She's being so stubborn."

Dongwook nodded with a grim look. "I understand sir. Maybe we just need a different strategy to convince her." He glanced at the direction where Yuri and Jessica headed off to.

*

"Jessica! Jessica wait!"

Yuri run as fast as she could in order to catch up to the blonde who was already about to cross the street. Jessica started walking off without even looking at the stoplight which was blinking with the color green. The cars started zooming off while Jessica was walking on the pedestrian lane. Yuri's eyes widened in realization and she quickly sprinted towards where Jessica was and pushed her off to the side of the street before they could get hit by a car.

"What on earth are you doing? Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Yuri shouted. She was so mad, not even knowing the reason why. She just did not like the fact that Jessica had almost endangered herself back there. 

"Let me go! Get off of me!" Jessica yelled through her tears, pushing Yuri away from her. The taller girl got up and offered a hand to the other girl who ignored it and stood up on her own. 

Jessica was about to walk off but Yuri grabbed her arm.

"Where are you going?" 

"Somewhere where I can be alone!" Jessica snapped. She just didn't like the fact that she was too weak and allowed herself to cry in front of Yuri who did not know what to do. The blonde started crying out of frustration and the fact that Yuri was watching her did not help at all. 

She's..crying. I.. I can't and I don't want to see her like this.

"Hey." Yuri cleared . She did not know what she was doing but she only went with her instincts. She opened her arms awkwardly and cleared again. Jessica paused from her crying and saw what the other girl was trying to do, so despite the hesitations that she made she eventually leaned towards Yuri and buried her face against the crook of the taller girl's neck.

Yuri was surprised at the sudden contact and the weird feeling fluttering inside her chest. The feeling of Jessica's warmth against her was somehow addicting, a feeling that she would like to experience again.

I can't believe I'm doing this. But please, stop crying Jessica. 

Soon enough Yuri wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist and pulled her closer. She listened patiently to the sound of the older girl's sobs and felt her tears soaking her blouse. But she didn't care because what mattered in the moment was the girl who was crying against her shoulder. 

Yuri's lips pressed into a thin line as she spoke softly into the blonde's ear. 

"Don't cry Jessica. Don't cry anymore." 

I won't leave you. 

 

*

A/N: Updated! I hope you guys like this chapter! Thank you to all those who have subscribed and commented! Thank you also to those who are silently reading this fic! I really appreciate the support that I am getting from you guys. :) Lol. I've been pretty busy these past few days and I'm a little disappointed in myself for not being able to update everyday like I used to. But anyways, I'll try to update as soon as I can! 

Please tell me what you think about this chapter! Stay tuned to the next one! ^_^