Chapter VI

I'll Be Waiting!

 

"I'm sorry for coming late, please forgive me" I say as I catch my breath slowly, I ran for like 15 minutes straight without giving myself a rest, I didn't knew that our school is big, not until I ran from our school canteen to our department office in english.
 
"It is okay for me, but letting wait our newly transferred student here is a big NO, anyways let's just start discussing so both of you would go home" Ms. Jung told me as she waits for me to sit down. I walk inside and I was surprised when I saw a girl sitting in a chair, and there where I just remembered that Ms. Jung mentioned about a newly-transferred student. Maybe Ms. Jung wanted me to guide this girl. I sat infront of the girl.
 
"Bomi-Kyungsoo!" we shouted in surprise, in chorus too.
 
"It seems like you know each other, good then! It wouldn't be hard of you to do this." Ms. Jung said while smirking. Both of just remained silent, waiting for Ms. Jung to finish her sentence. " I will start now, no introductions anymore since you know each other already. Ok! Bomi, since you have showed a great performance in both academics and non-academics I picked you out to help  your HomeRoom President in leading your class to join the Choric Interpretation Contest for the celebration of English Month."
 
"Ok Ms. Jung!" Bomi responded, I was surprised when she said that, she didn't even complain.
 
"Is that all now, Ms. Jung?" I asked her.
 
"Yes, that all Kyungsoo, you can go home now, be careful because its already dark outside, especially you Yoon Bomi-ssi."
 
"Ne!" she said as she bow "We'll be going now Ms. Jung" I said while closing the doors and on th eay to keave the campus.
 
"Hey Kyung-ah, is it okay for you to come at my house tonight?" she asked shyly.
 
" wae-wae-waeyo?" I asked surprised when she asked that, as far as I know, there's no reason for her asking me to stay at her place. If a girl asked you to stay at their place then it means they like you! What else could be the reasin behind that? Unless you have to do something important and urgent. My uncle's words lingered in my mind. Wait, does it mean she likes me?
 
" Do Kyungsoo!" she said while snapping her fingers infront of my face to stop me from daydreaming. "I said so we could start doing some actions or way of delivering the piece"
 
"Oh .. Okay. What's the piece anyway?"
 
"The Ballad of a Mother's Heart, have you heard of it?"
 
"No, but I have read it. Ms. Jung said that you do well, so I'm kinda expecting something from you"
 
"Haha. Hope that I wouldn't dissapoint you. So....? Deal? In my house?"
 
"Deal! So where's your house located? Oh! Wait. Won't your parents or brothers mind if you would take home a guy?" as I looked at her I noticed her as she stopped from walking, staring blankly at the floor. Her eyes becoming watery as she looked straight at me in the eye saying "They're gone." although I don't get it by what she meant that they're gome but only one thing I'm sure of, PAIN.
 
"Ohh, I see. So would you mind leading me the way?"
 
"Oh, yeah. Sure." she responded as she succesfully stopped her tears from flowing down, I act as if its not obvious because I know that she wouldn't like it if I told her that she's about to cry. "Kyung-ah, why do you act differently now? When we're in school, you act as if you don't know me. But when we're together ... Alone, you act as if you knew me your whole life?" she asked me, but what really get my attention is how she called me Kyung-ah, no one has ever called me that and how it make my heart stop a beat. i shouldn't be lke this. I like Minah, I have to take care of her.
 
"Oh? Am I acting like that? I asked, not knowing what to answer. "Its just that I'm afraid that Minah would hurt you, she's really horrible when she's angry."
 
"Huh? I don't get it"
 
"She might get jealous of you Bomi. She don't like it when I stay with some girls."
 
"Oh,.. thank you then. But why wouldn't you want her to hurt me? We're not that close for you to protect me." I was shocked with her question, more shocked with what I just said too. She's right anyway, why would I want to protect her? We're not that close anyway.
 
"Kyungsoo! We're here!" she said as she hold my wrist to stop me from walking. I looked at her house and it's so big! Maybe they used to have a big family, before they went gone to somewhere.
 
"Wow! Do y-" I was about to ask her about her family when a memory of her crying flashed in my mind. I don't want to see her cry.
 
"Don't make it obvious Kyung, I know you want to ask me something about my family. Save those questions later I might get to answer them if we finish this earlier." she said as she opens the door and head straight to her room. I followed her.
 
"Hey Kyung! Feel at home, there's a netbook there, you could use it if you want. Feel free to use it. I'll just change my clothes" she said while peeking at the door of her room. I obeyed by what she said.
 
"Hey Bbom! There's a password needed! I will go down there for you to enter it!" I shouted as I stand up.
 
"No needed! The password is 011293" she shouted back
 
"Thank You!" as I type the password, I wonder why her password is like that. It looks like a date or something. i'll just ask her about it later. I first checked some performances on the youtube to get some ideas on how we would deliver it. But since its taking her so long, I decided to take a look at her images when I suddenly heard  a strange sound from her cabinet. I came to check what's in there. But I only see a bunch of photo albums. I get the topmost one, because its the cleanliest I think, because most of it are with dusts all over. Must be an old one. I want to see her baby pictures. I opened it and 7-8years old. So thes pictures. Was when she was 7-8 pictures. When I was about to flip to the next page, Bomi suddenly called onto my name.
 
"Kyung! Please open the door!"
 
"Ok! I'm coming!" I rushed to put back the photo album the way it was before I get it, before coming to open the door. I was shocked when she had a tray in her hand and I took it to help her.
 
"Eat first. i know you haven't eatean yet. I already eat mine."
 
"Thank you" as I slowly finish my dinner she also starts to interpret the choric interpretation piece.
 
"I'm done!" We both shouted in chorus.
 
"Check first if this is already okay, I'll just wash the dishes."
 
"Wai-" I was cut off when I saw her walking out of the room. While I was reading it, I was amazed, because you could already understand on how she wanted the lines to be delivered, its well-explain just by her writing. She sure is a fast-worker. Minutes later she came back to the room after washing the dishes.
 
"It's already 8:30pm. Do you like to go home now or would you like to stay a little bit longer?" She asked me as she take the sipeat beside me.
 
"Of course I'd like to stay! You still have a lot to answer you know?"
 
"Oh yeah. Right" she said as she smiled bitterly. "ahhahahahah, so what's you question now Kyung? I wouldn't care if you ask some personal questions though" She smiled at me and did some aegyo. Obvious that she's hiding her tears ... Again
 
"What did you meant by 'they're gone'? And Where did your family go? Why would they leave you alone? And one more thing why is your password 011293? It seems like a date."
 
 
 
 
==========
Author's Note:
hello! How's the new update? Do you like it? And yeah .. Thanks for leaving some feedback and suggestions, I really do appreaciate it! :)) Good day and Godbless :)