Chapter 4

Who To Choose?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong's POV

 

(Continuation)

 

"Alright, we'll be going then."

 

I nodded and managed a small smile. Heaving a sigh I rubbing my temples as I felt an headache coming up. The meeting hadn't went as well as I thought. Yoochun's designs were awesome like always but, the problem lays with our partnering company. None of their models were suitable enough for our designs and we're running out of time for our fashion show due in a week, scheduled in Milan. I needed a cup of coffee.

 

I walked towards my office lounge and stopped dead when I saw an all too familiar brunette. She looked up and I held my breath, "..." After awhile we still said nothing as we simply stared at each other.

 

She raised an eyebrow at me, "What? Cat cut your tongue old man?"

 

I snapped put of my daze and huffed as I made my way over to the coffee machine making it purr to life, "What are you doing here brat? I don't think I saw you earlier."

 

She scowled when I took a glance at her and saw something I would never have thought could be seen in her eyes. Was that... Hurt? I decided that it didn't suit her at all and made a quick attempt to cover it up as I proceed. I cleared my throat, "I didn't know you missed me that much to actually sneak in my office to see me."

 

She scoffed, "Why would you think I came to visit you?" She paused, "For one, it was to bring Chunnie Oppa his lunch and second, it was to visit Aunty Seo as I haven't seen her in awhile. Who whould want to see you, old man..." She muttered the last sentence, thinking I wouldn't hear. I still heard it and it made me smile, she won't see it because I have my back to her.

 

Though I will never admit it. Out loud that is. I enjoy it when we bicker. Or rather, I enjoy her company. Not that I'll ever admit to it either. But really, lately I'm somewhat confused with my feelings and behaviour. I didn't noticed it of course, but Miss Seo pointed it out from time to time. When Gigi doesn't visit I'm like a dead man walking, as she so kindly put it. Also I would seem like a sack of potatoes whenever I sat down. Having no energie whatsoever.

 

I would miss her too, like one time, there was this banging on my office door and I thought it was Gigi. I schooled my features and beckoned the person in. Turned out to be Jihoon and I've felt giddy for no reason. I sighed. Stealing a glance at her. Wasn't she 'hurt' just awhile ago?! How could she be so nonchalant right now?! I pouted small and thought back to Miss Seo. Really I have no idea what that woman is trying but whenever she chats with me, she can no doubt drag Gigi into the conversation.

 

I shook my head, dismissing the thought. I already have a headache from the meeting. I don't want another right now. I glanced down at my freshly made coffee. Eh?! Two? When did I made another one? I cleared my throat and brought the second cup to her, "Drink up."

 

She stared at me weirdly and I stared back blankly, "What? I didn't poison it, brat. I just happened to have made too much. Didn't want it to go to waste."

 

She looked at me one more time before accepting the cup and started sipping the sweet delicacy.

 

"So," I began, "How were you doing these days?"

 

"Are you my mother or what?" She shoots right back.

 

"I was just trying to start a conversation, you punk."

 

She raised an eyebrow, "So you were trying to hit on me?" Her statement made me gape like a fish in water. Or maybe one on land... Or maybe both. She smirked. I rolled my eyes, walking towards the single couch.

 

"Sorry..." She said. It was barely above a whisper, it was so soft I thought I was imagening it, "Wh-what?"

 

"I said I'm sorry," She said, louder then before while looking up to smirk at me, "That you're so desperate."

 

"What?!" I barely managed to put the cup down onto the coffee table before I dropped it as my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. Who is she to call me desperate?! "I'm anything BUT desperate you ignorant !"

 

Her smirk just widen, "Anything? So you just admitted that you're a loser?"

 

I scoffed, "As if. Who do you think build this very company you're in right now?"

 

"The construction team." She shrugs nonchalantly.

 

"And who gave them the instrucions?" I promted.

 

She looked at me as if I'm dumb, "The architect of course! Who else? Are you stupid Kim-ssi?"

 

And really I didn't hold back this time as I facepalmed, "You are one stubborn woman. Please remind me to pay my respects to your future husband later, if you can get one that is," I muttered the last part, "He would be a hero for he is willing to put up with you for the rest of his life! He will certainly receive the peace prize more then the person who actually represents world peace!"

 

She glared at me, "Sure, if that's what you want. Remind me to laugh at your future wife real hard as well, she has got to be some crazy, mentally unstable girl to fall for you!"

 

"Says you, who's still being childish when you're like 21! Grow up for god's sake!"

 

"Oh and you are so much better then me? Then why are you picking up a fight with me huh?!"

 

"Because you started it!"

 

"Are you serious? Who's the childish one now?!"

 

"You're a pain in the do you know that?!"

 

"You're jerk did you know that?!"

 

"!"

 

"Bastard!"

 

"Urgh! I hate you!!" We both exclaimed at the same time just as the door to my office opened again, revealing three shocked faces. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before going back to my desk, plopping down onto my seat.

 

"Uhm... We brought food~?" Yoochun offered, holding up two plastic bags with what I assume to be food and drinks. Gigi huffed and literally flung herself onto the couch before taking her Beats out of her bag to place it over her ears, blasting some heavy rock song that I could hear all the way from here.

 

"Thanks, you can put them on the coffee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter