Chapter 6 - Revelations and apologies

Is this the end?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RIINGGG RIIINGG.

Naeun looked at her phone in the dressing room of music core MBC. Do Young was calling her for the second time that week. She had tried to tell him that there was nothing between them but he just would not listen. After Taemin had left that room 3 months ago, she had kept no contact with Do Young. She even regretted the act that she had allowed that day. 

"Naeuna! Yah, we have to hurry. It's time to introduce Shinee!" Big Bang's Daesung yelled at her from the doorway. 

She was dreading the moment she would have to see him again face to face. Since his drama had ended she had seen his face everywhere but had tried her best to avoid meeting him in person. Even her members were helping her avoid Shinee since they could see how much pain it was causing her. 

"Now let's call the boy group that has taken over the nation!!! Shinee!" Naeun tried her best to sound as cheerful as she could. 

As they walked into the MC room, she could instantly feel his presence. It was almost like there was a thread connecting them to each other. She didn't even dare look up. Daesung said his lines and it was now her turn. 

"So what does it feel like becoming international stars? This song has taken you to Hollywood we have heard!" She said directly looking at Key. She was the most comfortable with him and knew that he would not judge her. As he was answering she could feel her gaze being pulled towards Taemin. And she saw that he was staring directly at her, holding her gaze. 

Suddenly Daesung was poking her in the side and she tore her gaze away. Everyone in the room was looking at her weirdly, and she realized that it was her turn to talk. But she had no idea what Key had said in answer to her question. 

"Naeunssi, you seem to be very distracted right now. Obviously you are feeling the after effects of our separation. I mean the marriage of course." Said a voice with a bitter tone. Naeun could not believe Taemin would say that to her, after everything he did. 

"I guess huh? Unlike some people it takes me a while to move on to new relationships! Good luck for your stage Taeminssi." She smiled her fakest smile without looking directly towards him. By now everyone in the room was awkward because of the weird energy in the room. Thankfully Daesung ended the interview and she could get away from there. 

As she watched Shinee's stage on the small tv in the changing room Naeun felt tears rolling down her face. For the first time after 3 months. She had promised that she would not cry again, but seeing him face to face had been too much. He had even tried to hurt her again. That . He does not deserve me at all. How could I have been so blind to give my heart to him? 

There was a slight knock on the door. Naeun tried her best to wipe her tears and to look like she wasn't crying. Her heart stopped as he walked in. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked without looking at him. Ducking her head low so that he wouldn't see the tears. 

Taemin didn't reply immediately. They just sat there watching 2PM's comeback stage on the screen. 

"I just talked to Key hyung after the performance."

"So? Why are you telling me that?" 

"He...he told me about...the conversation you guys had on the day of the running man shoot."

Naeun chose not to reply. His presence was causing her to lose her calm. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter