Luhan, Who Are You?

Luhan, I'm Smiling

Luhan looked around the busy streets, squinting through store windows to try to find Yixing. “Damn it, where has he gone? He can barely even speak Korean and he’s running off.” Luhan sighed worriedly.

After walking around, Luhan finally spotted Yixing looking in one of the miscellaneous stores located on the street. He was holding a large deer plushy and smiling at it lovingly. “Haha, that’s cute, Xing. Who’s it for?” Luhan joked quietly with himself, a smile on his face as he watched the Chinese man closely.

Yixing smiled. “Luhan will love it, and it’s in my budget.” As he turned to take it to the cashier, Luhan’s smile fell. He watched his best friend worriedly.

“Why does he keep doing this to himself?” Luhan said to himself. He followed Yixing and the newly wrapped gift out of the shop and back into the busy street. Yixing looked around and, noticing a small coffee shop, walked over to it and stepped inside to warm up. Luhan followed, keeping a close watch on his best friend.

Both men took a seat at a small table for two by a window. After waiting a few moments and staring out the window at the people passing by, Yixing smiled and wiped a stray tear that had accidently escaped. He turned to one of the waitresses and called her over, wanting to place his order quickly so he could go home. Luhan only watched in silence.

One of the girls walked over slowly and nervously, glancing at Yixing with a peculiar look in her eyes. When she reached their table, she glanced nervously at the two men. Luhan and the waitress met eyes, and Luhan cocked his head to the side in confusion. He could have sworn the waitress had seen him, but that was impossible, unless –

“Umm, hello, I’m Li Hao Yi, and I’ll be your waitress today. C-can I g-get you anything?” The waitress asked nervously in heavily accented Korean.

Yixing smiled slightly as he began to speak. “Can I just get an americano, please,” he asked politely in Chinese. The waitress, Hao Yi, looked surprised but her face immediately lit up as she responded back to Yixing in their mother tongue.

“Yes sir, of course. And what about your friend?” She asked looking at both Yixing and Luhan expectantly.

Luhan stared at Hao Yi in surprise while Yixing only looked confused. “What friend?” He asked cautiously. Looking at the empty seat across from him.

Hao Yi looked scared. “Um, never mind, sir. I-I’ll bring out your drink in a few moments.” She bowed and quickly ran from the table. Luhan watched her leave with a smile on his face. He glanced back at Yixing who looked lost in thought again, this time staring at the plushy that he had bought. Luhan sighed and leaned forward.

“I won’t be able to be with you much more after this, Xing. Apparently your waitress is my mission.” Luhan said with a slight chuckle. He looked at his best friend with sad eyes.

Luhan leaned back again and just watched for the next hour. He watched how Yixing stared sadly out the window. He watched how the waitress brought out Yixing’s drink, sending frightened looks in Luhan’s direction. He watched how she blushed when Yixing smiled at her when she took his cup. And he watched how Yixing couldn’t help but let a few tears fall as he was lost in thought.

When Yixing was ready to leave, he and Luhan stood up, and Yixing put his coat back on, preparing to face the cold winter wind again. He walked away from the table with his shopping bag and opened the door, leaving Luhan alone in the coffee shop. He noticed that the Chinese man had left his wallet on the table and moved to hide behind the counter so that the Chinese waitress would see it and hopefully go after Yixing.

Thankfully, she did just a few moments after Yixing had left. She picked it up and checked the ID inside. “Zhang Yixing,” she muttered. She ran out of the store quickly and Luhan followed closely behind. He stopped a ways back as he noticed the Hao Yi had successfully stopped Yixing.

“Sir, you left your wallet back at the shop,” She muttered shyly.

“Oh, thank you.” Hao Yi blushed at the sincere smile that Yixing gave her as he bowed and turned around, walking back towards her work. She stopped, however, when she saw Luhan standing there watching here with interest.

Clearing , Hao Yi ducked her head and walked quickly past him and back to the coffee shop. Luhan turned around and followed her back. He sat at the same spot that he had when he was with Yixing and watched Hao Yi go about her work until closing time. The whole time, Hao Yi kept sending cautious glances to the blonde man who had come back without Yixing.

When it was finally time for her to leave, Hao Yi quickly left the shop and started down the street with Luhan following her closely behind. Hao Yi noticed this and, finally having enough of it, turned around and glared at him.

“Hello,” Luhan said easily in Chinese.

“Why are you following me?” She answered back.

“Ah, so you can see me. I was right, then.” He muttered to himself, but Hao Yi had caught it.

“Of course I can see you, are you stupid? But why couldn’t your friend? Is he mad at you or something?” She asked quietly.

Hao Yi noticed Luhan’s expression change, and immediately regretted her question. “I wish it was that easy.” He said quietly, looking down. He started walking again, and Hao Yi followed behind him, unsure of what to say next.

“Um, I’m sorry for my question. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

Luhan smiled. “It’s okay.”

“But, why couldn’t Yixing see you? Am I going crazy?” She asked, completely serious. Luhan laughed, and Hao Yi became flustered, not liked being laughed at.

“No, you aren’t crazy, but it might sound like I am if I told you.” He said, not looking at her.

The two walked together in silence until they reached Luhan’s apartment building.

“Um, excuse me sir, but how do you know where I live?” Hao Yi asked confusedly.

Luhan furrowed his brows and looked at the small Chinese girl beside him. “You live here?” She nodded.

“I moved here from China last month. I’ve been living here on the third floor in apartment 3E.”

Luhan looked shocked, but smiled. “Really? I live in apartment 3A with Yixing, the man you saw me with earlier.”

Hao Yi smiled but looked confused yet again. “How do you live with Yixing if he can’t see you?” She said, honestly wishing he would answer her this time.

Luhan looked away and cleared his throat. “You must be cold let’s get inside.” He ushered her inside and towards the elevator, pressing the button and pushing Hao Yi in unceremoniously when the doors opened. Being the closest to the panel of buttons, Hao Yi pushed the one for the third floor and the two rode up in comfortable silence. Once it stopped, they stepped out together.

“Well, Hao Yi, it was nice meeting you. I’ll definitely be seeing you again soon. Have a good night.” He bowed to her after he had walked her to her apartment door. He turned and began to walk away, but was stopped by her timid voice. “Um, sir, could I have your name? You know, in case we do meet again, like you said.”

Luhan smiled. “My name is Luhan. It’s nice to meet you.”

Hao Yi smiled. “You too.”

After he had had made sure she was safely inside, Luhan walked down to Yixing’s apartment and stepped inside, not bothering to solidify himself to open the door. Nobody would be able to see him besides Hao Yi and Luhan thought that a door opening and closing by itself might cause a little commotion among Yixing and their neighbors.

Walking into Yixing’s room, he noticed the Chinese man asleep on top of his covers, still in the clothes that he had worn out. The plushy that he had bought had been tossed onto Yixing’s desk. Luhan chuckled at his best friend’s carelessness and, solidifying himself, pulled the covers over Yixing, taking care not to wake him.

Luhan petted his head softly as he gazed at the sleeping man.

He sighed and turned towards the door, walking into the living room. Before he left, however, he heard a sigh escape from Yixing. “Luhan…”

Luhan smiled sadly and made his way into the living room, closing his eyes as he sat on the couch and let the darkness take him again. Just for a little bit…

 


 

A/N - Nobody's commenting, guys... -_-