Luhan, I Feel You

Luhan, I'm Smiling

Yixing woke up in Luhan’s bed with a pounding headache. He looked around at the mess and sighed. Getting off of his best friend’s bed, he made his way into his own room and, looking at the time, opened his closet to grab a pair of jeans and a fresh t-shirt. However, he didn’t find any clean clothes.

“Damn it,” he muttered.

Closing the doors, he looked around the ground and, noticing a white shirt that didn’t seem to dirty, grabbed it and threw it over his shoulder and walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Luhan sighed as he heard the shower begin and stood up from his place on his old bed. He walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, staring at the mess his best friend had created since his death. “You can’t do this to yourself, Xing.” Luhan breathed quietly.

As soon as the shower cut off, Yixing walked out and into the living room and stopped, eyeing his mess. He sighed. “I really need to do something about this.”

“Yeah, you do. If I were still alive, I would have smacked you already for letting it get this bad.” Luhan scoffed at him, knowing full well Yixing couldn’t hear him.

“Luhan would kill me if he saw how bad this is.” Luhan said as he walked into the kitchen and reached into the cabinet under the sink to grab a couple of trash bags.

Luhan laughed. “Damn right.”

Luhan watched as Yixing walked around the kitchen and living room, picking up any trash and putting it silently into the bag he carried around with him. When that was done, he gathered all of the dirty clothes that littered the floor and stuffed them into a basket that he set by the front door.

“Don’t forget the dishes, Xing.”

Yixing sighed as he eyed the dishes, but walked towards them nevertheless. After almost 2 hours of endless scrubbing and drying, Yixing was finally finished and the kitchen finally looked clean, along with the rest of the apartment.

“Good job, Xing.” Luhan smiled sadly.

Yixing huffed as he fell onto the couch, coincidentally right next to Luhan. “Luhan, you better be happy right now. I cleaned this whole place by myself. Didn’t even need your help this time.” Yixing smiled to himself.

“I am, Xing. Trust me, I’m here for you.” Luhan sighed.

The two sat in silence, Yixing staring at the coffee table and Luhan watching Yixing.

“I can’t do this, Luhan.” Yixing whispered after a moment.

Luhan sighed and yearned to reach out to his best friend to comfort him, but he knew he couldn’t without making his presence known.

“But, why can’t I? Then I’d be able to help him too, right? Not just the person who can see me.” Luhan said out loud to himself.

Luhan smiled and slowly reached towards Yixing.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you, Luhan.” Luhan stopped when he heard Kris, and looked to see him leaning against the wall by the TV watching the angel and human sitting together on the couch.

Luhan frowned. “Why? Maybe this will help him.” He argued back.

Kris shook his head. “It’ll only make things worse, Luhan, trust me. You don’t want that.” Kris pushed himself off the wall and walked towards the couch, taking a seat beside the Chinese men.

“How do you know?”

Kris sighed. “When I died, I went back to Canada to see my mother. She was so upset when I died and I just wanted to comfort her and make her quite crying. I thought I made myself solid and touched her, she would know that I was fine and watching over here, but it didn’t work out like I wanted it to. She figured out I was there, but she went crazy when she couldn’t see me. My dad came home to see her rambling to a wall and sobbing and took her to a hospital. It was horrible and I regret it every single moment of this life.”

Luhan looked at his guardian angel with pity. “But, maybe Yixing is different. Maybe he’ll be fine. I touched him last night and he didn’t freak out.” Luhan said quietly.

“Luhan, he was drunk last night. And do you think you could honestly see your best friend be put into an institution and know it was your entire fault? Could you live with yourself if that happened?” Luhan hung his head, tears falling from his eyes.

“You have to think about the consequences of the living for your actions now that you’re an angel.” Kris continued. “I can’t stay long, and I won’t be able to keep coming to you like this. Remember everything I’ve told you, and remember your mission.”

Luhan nodded. “Thank you, Kris, for everything.”

Kris smiled and stood up, ruffling Luhan’s blonde hair. “You’re welcome, kid.”

“I’m older than you, you know.” Luhan complained while laughing.

“Only in human years, Lu.” Luhan laughed as he watched the taller man fade away again.

“Bye, Kris.” He said quietly.

Luhan looked over to Yixing and sighed, as he noticed the Chinese man had not moved from his spot at all.

“You know, Luhan, sometimes it feels like you never left.” Luhan stiffened as he heard Yixing speak, repeating the words he had said just the night before. “Feels like I’m talking to you right now.”

Luhan chuckled. “Because you are, you dummy.”

Yixing smiled as he stood up and looked at the calendar hanging on the wall. Luhan stood and followed him, looking at the date over Yixing’s shoulder.

“Hmm, December 13. Christmas in two weeks. What to do?” Yixing began biting his fingernail, lost in thought.

Luhan smirked and saw this. “You baby, I told you to quit that.”

As if he had heard him, Yixing quickly pulled his finger away from his mouth. “Luhan told me to quit biting my nails. Oops. Sorry, hyung.” Yixing looked up to the ceiling as he said this.

Luhan laughed. “It’s okay, Xing.”

Yixing turned away from the calendar and walked to the front door, putting on his winter coat and then his shoes. Luhan watched his best friend do this and then followed him out the door and into the hallway, watching as Yixing closed the door behind him and locked it.

Luhan followed Yixing to the elevator and waited with him. “So, where are we going, Yixing? Got a girlfriend I don’t know about?” Luhan joked. He smiled sadly when he remembered his best friend wouldn’t be able to hear him.

Exiting the apartment building together, Yixing pulled his coat tighter around his body and shoved his hands in his pockets. Again, Luhan couldn’t feel the cold at all. Following closely behind, Luhan watched as Yixing walked with his head down, not meeting the eyes of others and not watching where he was going.

Yixing ran into a man wearing an expensive looking suit. “Yah, you brat, watch where you’re going!” A wide eyed Yixing bowed deeply multiple times as he apologized profusely in his heavily accented Korean. “Whatever, just get out of my way.” The businessman shoved Yixing out of the way and continued on his way.

Luhan, angry at the man’s actions followed him quickly and, making his left foot solid, stuck it out and tripped the Korean man, causing him to fall into a small cart selling hot cakes.

“Whoops,” Luhan said happily, and turned around, running through the crowd, literally, to catch up with Yixing.

 


 

A/N - DOUBLE UPDATE!!!! If you have time or would like to, please check out my other 2 ongoing stories Buried Alive and A Star In The Making.

Don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts!