Luhan, You Came For Me

Luhan, I'm Smiling

Luhan trudged through the crowded streets, not bothering to move and letting people pass right through him.

 

He stopped and looked up at the small grocery store, and looked back inside, where two uniformed police officers were questioning the older gentleman running the store.

 

Luhan turned and walked back towards his apartment building, keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of Hao Yi. After walking past a few streets, he stopped at a corner. A quick glimpse of red caught his eye on the sidewalk, and he bent down, his heart pounding.

 

It was small, but the few drops of blood dried on the sidewalk stopped him cold, and he shot up, looking around wildly. He found another small blood splatter a few feet away, deeper into a dark alley. He followed the trail into the darkness, and fell to his knees when the trail ran cold and he was met with nothing else.

 

“Damn it,” he cried, banging a hand on the brick wall next to him. He stood and ran back out to the street. A movement caught his eye, and he recognized one of the faces from the photographs from back at the police station.

 

“That’s it,” he whispered to himself before taking out across the street, running through people and cars. He caught up to the Korean man, who had now donned a hat, sunglasses, and a black mask, and continued to follow him, down the street, turn after turn. He pulled a set of keys out of his pocket and pressed a button, and a van a few feet away from them beeped. He quickly got into the driver’s seat, Luhan following suit, not letting the suspect get away.

 

They began to drive in silence, and Luhan made note of all of their surroundings, every landmark that they passed. After almost a whole hour of driving, the car finally slowed and pulled off onto an abandoned dirt road. Luhan quickly looked for the small number on the side of the road before facing forward again.

 

The car stopped in front of a large, abandoned warehouse, complete with boarded up windows, with no sign of life.

 

As the man exited the car, Luhan slid out through the passenger door, following him out the back of the car. The man popped the trunk, and Luhan hurried to get a look. His anger fumed when he saw dried blood inside, and it took everything he had not to solidify his hand and punch the daylights out of the man.

 

Luhan hurried inside the building, leaving the man behind outside.

 

“Hao Yi! Hao Yi, where are you?” He cried, running through the building, looking for any sign that she was here, or had been here before.

 

“Hao Yi!”

 

He heard a man talking, and walked quickly towards the noise, not bothering to quiet his footsteps or loud breathing.

 

“Damn it, Hao Yi, come on, give me something,” he muttered to himself.

 

He kept walking towards the voice, and saw another man from the photographs, and knew he was heading in the right direction.

 

“Yes sir, she hasn’t broken yet. Yes, she’s still breathing. Of course, sir.”

 

Luhan breathed a sigh of relief, and closed his eyes. “She’s still breathing.”

 

“Byung Chul, I got the stuff the boss needed.”

 

Luhan looked behind him to see the driver coming towards him, holding a large duffel bag that was zipped closed. He walked past him and set the bag on the table as Byung Chul hung up the phone.

 

“Thanks, Jin Wook. The boss will be happy to know we’re at least on top of something around here, no thanks to that Chinese .”

 

The man named Jin Wook smirked and sat in a chair, swinging his feet up onto the table. “Not for too much longer,” he said in a singsong voice that made Luhan’s blood boil.

 

He turned and ran into the closest room, starting his search for Hao Yi again. Coming up empty handed, he turned and ran into the next room.

 

What he saw made him stop in his tracks, and he went cold. He slowly walked towards the lone chair in the middle of the room, and the broken figure seated in it.

 

Luhan crouched down and pushed Hao Yi’s hair aside, tears escaping his eyes as he saw the damage those bastards had done to her. Her right eye was swollen shut, and there were so many bruises all over her face and body, making her almost unrecognizable.

 

“Hao Yi, what have they done to you?” He asked sadly as he her cheek.

 

She stirred and slowly lifted her head with as much strength as she could muster. Her eyes fluttered open as she made eye contact with Luhan, and she gave him a small smile.

 

“Luhan, you came for me.”

 

He smiled back at her, giving her a quick nod and a small peck on the top of her head.

 

“Just hold on a bit longer, okay? I’m going to get help. I’m going to get you out of here.”

 

She lost consciousness again, her head falling forward, and Luhan quickly stood up, a new fire burning in his eyes.

 

“I’m going to get you out of here.”