Luhan, Where Are You?

Luhan, I'm Smiling

Luhan’s feet pounded down the pavement on the empty streets of Seoul as he came to a halt in front of the Seoul downtown police department. The building seemed even larger and more daunting at night, and he took a deep breath before heading inside, following the maze of hallways back to the room he had been in before.

 

He stepped inside the now empty room and noticed a white board that hadn’t been there before. He walked closer to it, squinting his eyes as he reviewed the information that had quickly been scribbled onto it.

 

Possible Suspects

Kim Dong Soo, 34 – leader?

Jung Byung Chul, 36 – second in command?

Kim Jin Wook, 28 – accomplice?

 

Luhan memorized the names before turning to the news articles that were taped up next to the names, complete with mug shots. All three had apparently spent one time or another behind bars for hate crimes and were now out on parole. Luhan’s breath hitched as one of the pictures caught his eyes and he moved closer to get a better look.

 

The grimace and glaring eyes were a picture that he remembered clearly, even in a grainy black and white picture.

 

“,” Luhan cursed as he turned and ran out of the building as fast as he could. He ran all the way back to his and Yixing’s apartment without stopping, panic building inside of him with every step he took.

 

He burst into Hao Yi’s apartment, looking around for her wildly. “Hao Yi! Hao Yi!” He checked the bedroom but found it empty.

 

He cursed again underneath his breath and ran out and towards his own apartment. He ran in and found Yixing and Hao Yi curled up on the couch together, fast asleep.

 

“Hao Yi, wake up. You need to wake up now, please!” Luhan screamed, trying to solidify himself enough to shake her awake.

 

“! Not now!” He cried when he noticed black had started to form around the edges of his vision.

 

He frantically looked around and the apartment and spotted what he was looking for, a piece of paper and a pen.

 

He concentrated with everything he had in him and focused all of his energy onto his hand, and, after a few moments, was able to grab it loosely in his hand.

 

He fumbled around, trying to make out a coherent thought on the paper before he lost himself completely to the darkness, the pen thudding softly to the tabletop as Luhan disappeared completely.

 

A few hours later, Hao Yi slowly stirred as the sunlight assaulted her eyes. She felt a warm body against her and looked up, noticing Yixing still sleeping softly, a small smile on his face as he slept.

 

She worked her way out of Yixing’s grasp and slowly stretched, working out all of the kinks in her neck and back from their awkward sleeping position. She stopped when she felt a pair of eyes on her, and looked back and noticed Yixing, awake and staring at her with a smile.

 

“Staring is rude, you know,” she said, turning away again.

 

Yixing laughed and pulled her back down against his chest, whispering quietly into her ear. “It’s only rude if I’m not your boyfriend.”

 

She looked up at him incredulously, a flirtatious smile growing on her face. “Oh, boyfriend? We’re official now?”

 

Yixing laughed. “Well, when an attractive girl agrees to a date with an equally attractive man, it usually implies that they are dating.”

 

“Well then, it looks like one attractive man owes me a real date, then,” she replied. “And lucky for you, we have the day off today.”

 

Yixing smiled and stood from the couch, heading to the kitchen to get a glass of water for himself and Hao Yi. “You better be prepared to have your world rocked with the best date ever, then.” He winked at her and disappeared into the kitchen.

 

She smiled and sat back against the couch, closing her eyes.

 

“Hao Yi?” she got up when she heard Yixing calling her name from the kitchen.

 

“What’s up?” she asked. She walked into the kitchen and over to Yixing, who held a small scrap of paper up.

 

He looked at her curiously. “Did you get up in the middle of the night or anything?”

 

She shook her head.

 

Yixing shrugged and set the paper back down on the countertop, and walked past her, stopping momentarily to give her a quick peck on the cheek.

 

“I’m going to go get ready. Meet at your place in an hour?”

 

She nodded and smiled at him, watching him walk out of the kitchen. She turned back to the piece of paper once he had disappeared and walked closer, picking it up and looking at it curiously.

 

The words stood out like blood on snow, and her heart stopped.

 

The man from the café.

 

Hao Yi’s blood ran cold as she looked around the kitchen, trying to spot any trace of Luhan. She hurried out of Yixing’s apartment and to her own, looking around quickly.

 

“Luhan, where are you?” she cried out nervously, the ominous words echoing in her head.

 

The man from the café.