Chapter Two

Black & White

"Sojin! Dinner!" Her father called from the dining room.

She took her face out of her textbook and yawned while heading out the door. The pair of eyes that intently watched her vanished into black particles without a trace.

It was yet another day of her parent's mystery food. They love to experiment with ingridients and most of the time, it tasted pretty decent. But sometimes, the food will make you question whether it was for humans or not. Small talk was exchanged at the dining table for they could not say much because they were occupied eating. A light draft brushed by Sojin's shoulders making her goosebumps more visible.

She asked her parents with her hands clamped together while her warm breath was blowing on it, "Is it cold in here or is it just me?"

"Turn on the heat some more if you want," Mrs. Park said.

Sojin got up from her chair and saw that it was already 58 degrees Fahrenheit on the thermostat making her eyes widen.

It's not even that cold. I'm probably getting sick. Curse the winter.

She excused herself and took cold medicine. Wrapping herself into a warm blanket, she buried herself into her textbook once again. That cold draft kept wrapping around her neck. Sojin did not really think much of it, she just thought it was her room being abnormally colder. In the midst of studying, her thoughts roamed back to the boy who appeared twice at her doorstep and the boy who came into her dreams a brief number of times. They frightningly looked so similar that it scared Sojin a bit.

Getting overwhelemed with so much thinking, Sojin rubbed her temples with her fingers. Another pair of light hands were on her shoulders and Sojin's eyes went as big as saucers because she is sure she does not have four hands unless her parents came into her room, but the door was never opened after she went in. She felt like her heart was going to leap out of her chest, afraid there was a serial killer behind her. But it was far worse.

It was nothing.

Sojin shook her head and went to the washroom. When looking in the mirror, she saw two reflections instead of one but it quickly disappeared. It was a blurry face. Sojin could not quite grasp who it was. Rubbing her eyes, she took a closer look in the mirror and there was only one reflection like how it should be. She shook in fear and quickly brushed it off and proceeded to her regular routine.

With a towel wrapped around her body, Sojin stepped out of the steamy door and let out an inaudible scream. It was as if she was frozen and she could not move her body. The only thing she could be able to move were her eyes and they were staring at the boy sitting on her bed eating pizza.

"Want a bite?"


Hi lovelies (-: There are midterms next week but I will try to update as much as possible! Happy reading