Chapter Five

Black & White

Sojin gave Lay a defeated look and started walking along side with him. She looked at him with suspicious eyes. She enjoyed his presence but she was still uncomfortable at the fact that he'll know where her house is located. Sojin never revealed anything about her personal life to anyone. He spoke to her like he has known her for ten years and she happily responded to him with an enthusiastic tone. Lay gave off a happy vibe which made Sojin become a little more happy herself. She was a few blocks away from her house but she told Lay to drop her off here for she did not want to waste his time. Lay slightly pouted then his lips curved upwards into a grin showing the indentations of his deep dimple on his right cheek. He's always smiling and Sojin could not help but mimick his actions.

Suddenly, he asked, "Hey, can I borrow your phone?" Without even thinking, she handed him her phone and watched his every movement. Sojin figured that he needed to make a call to someone because he left his phone at home. He handed the phone back into Sojin's hands and said, "Text me when you're home safe, okay?"

Sojin looking puzzled quietly nodded and watched as Lay started walking in the opposite direction. He turned around and waved at her once more causing her to quickly turn around and walk like the speed of light. She felt awfully confused at such a kind gesture but brushed it off trying not to overthink his friendly actions.

On her walk home, she felt a draft brush against her neck, tickling her. It was a familiar kind of draft. She has felt this wind many times before and out of the blue, someone was walking beside her again. Sojin jumped a little in surprise.

I will never get used to this.

"Who was that?" Kai questioned without making eye contact with her which was odd because he would always be staring at her.

"Who was who?" Sojin sensed he was talking about Lay but she did not feel the need to tell Kai about him.

"Nevermind. I'll just figure it out myself," and that little playful smirk was plastered onto his face. Sojin hated that look on his face although she could not deny how flawlessly handsome he was.

"You never answered my question," Sojin thought of how he said he was not human. She did not want to believe it but the things he did were inhumane. He turned to look at her with his full attention waiting for her to ask the question.

She almost inaudibly muttered, "If you're not a human being, then what are you?" Sojin did not want the pedestrians walking by to look at a teenage girl talking to thin air.

A dorky smile formed on his lips and said, "Let me show you." Sojin felt a cold hand intertwined with her right hand and a strong force of wind and a bright light hit her face making her eyes tightly shut. She felt like she was going to fly back at any moment because of the powerful strength of the wind but the hand that was tightly gripping her was holding her in place. Sojin did not find the courage to open her eyes even though the wind had stopped blowing.

"You can open your eyes now," Kai let out a chuckle.

Sojin slowly opened one eye expecting the worse. She viewed her surroundings and it was only a vast open field. The grass looked recently trimmed and Sojin felt the urge to roll around in it but she focused back on Kai who was staring at her the whole time.

"Where are we?"

Kai did not answer her. He seemed like he was chanting a spell over and over again. Sojin was afraid. Afraid for her life. Afraid she might not be able to live to see another day.

Kai pointed to the sky and said, "Look up."

Sojin tilted her head upwards and saw falling angels? No, they were not angels. They had pitch black wings attached to their backs that slowly fluttered beautifully, in and out. All five of them landed right in front of her face. The iris of their eyes were pitch black including the sclera. In a split second, it seemed as if their eyes turned back to a normal shade of brown. Their wings were out of sight. Sojin gulped at what she just witnessed. She turned to Kai and his eyes were in the shape of a crescent moon upon seeing these five. He then turned to her and leaned in real close to her left ear that she could feel his hot breath on her and said, "I'm a demon." Sojin could hear him smiling that goofy smile of his through those words.


what what new character appearances what