Chapter Three

Black & White

Sojin attempted to get out of this frozen state but it was no use. Her heart was pounding uncontrollably against her chest afraid of what this boy might do to her.

I'm just dreaming.

Sojin tried lying to herself to calm her nerves but it was not working.

The boy appeared right in front of her without even walking. His face was so close to hers that she could feel his heat radiating onto her. He tilted his head and looked her straight in her eye. She felt like he was staring into her soul.

 I am dreaming. He didn't even walk to me. I need to take a break from all the supernatural TV shows.

Sojin managed to slow down her rapid heart beat.

"I finally get to talk to you," He said, with a mischevious grin plastered onto his face.

He continued, "Now if you promise me you won't scream or even make an effort to do something, I will release you. If you do, you will disappear. Now, blink twice for yes and once for no."

His deep voice sent her chills. Sojin hesistated for a moment. If this was a dream, what was there to lose?

She slowly blinked twice causing the boy to snap his fingers releasing her from the frozen like grip. She secretly pinched herself ten times to wake her up from this awful nightmare but each time she pinched it hurted more every time. This caused her to become more scared than ever. How did he stand right in front of her without even moving? She noticed she was in a towel with her hair still damp. Sojin awkwardly stood there and looked tense as ever.

"Oh yeah, you just got out of the shower," and with another snap of his fingers, she had her pajamas on.

Sojin still could not utter a word. Fear and anxiety took over her and she felt like she was going to faint any moment now.

"Well, I have never formally introduced myself to you before. My name is Kai," He said as he gestured for a handshake.

She finally knew the unknown boy's name. She stared down at his right hand that looked like all the blood was drained from it. She did not dare to touch it. Kai looked at her with disappointed look that he got turned down then took his left hand and shook it with his right. Sojin thought that was humorous but could not bring herself to laugh or even move a face muscle.

"Your mind is probably overflowing with thoughts," He chuckled and he was sure darn right. "Ask me anything."

Sojin was afraid that this was a trap and if she even uttererd a word, would be slit. She just stayed still constantly blinking her big eyes making the boy laugh.

"Come on, Sojin. I know you're a curious person. I've practically known you all your life," and he casually bounced on top of her bed. He tapped a spot next to him and ushered her to sit with him.

"Please don't make me threaten you again."

With that, Sojin slowly walked over to him making sure she was five feet away from him. Kai smiled and was right in front of her face again in a poof. She felt startled but kept her composure. He was patiently waiting for her to say something but she didn't get the message and just looked down at her feet.  Right when Kai was going to say something, Sojin interrupted him by saying, "What do you want with me? Are you even human? Am I dreaming?"

Sojin was feeling hopeful that he would say yes to the last question.

"Something. No. Of course not."

His answer to the second question caught her attention the most.

"What are you?"

"Say it. Say it out loud," Kai said with a straight face. Sojin thought it was funny since it was a movie reference but now was not an inappropiate time to laugh.

Kai started laughing and said, "Did you ever watch Twilight?"

Sojin furrowed her eyebrows at his casualness with her.

"So, are you saying you're a vampire?" She thought that if he referred to that movie, it would be a clue on what he could be.

"Nope, better," Kai said with his pearly whites showing.

Suddenly, he looked at the clock hung in the room and quickly said, "I've got to go," and disappeared into the black particles again.

A bewildered Sojin sat on her bed letting herself drown into her thoughts. She did not have any intentions of sleeping for Kai could come back any moment.


I don't even know guys but enjoy