Chapter One

Black & White

Today was just like any other day. Park Sojin would lazily get home from school and watch her favorite show, Grimm. Socializing was not something Sojin was very fond of ever since she was young. Her parents were in the kitchen cooking dinner and the mouth watering aroma would fill the whole house leaving Sojin's stomach growling. She popped some popcorn and went to go sit down. The shrill sound of the telephone ringing startled her.

"Be a doll and get that for me, dear!" Her mom chimed from the other room.

Sojin groaned because she was too engrossed in the show. She quickly ran to the phone hoping that she would not miss anything significant.

"Hello?"

She repeated herself a few more times before hanging up the phone.

Sojin informed her parents by loudly saying, "It was no one!"

Just when she was ready to sit back down on the couch and stuff her face in butter goodness, the door bell rang. Letting out a fustrated sigh, Sojin unwillingly approached the door.

She slightly opened it making the door let out a high pitch cry. Sojin took a good hard look at the stranger. He terrifyingly looked similar to the boy in her dreams. She could not peel her eyes off of the stranger's striking face.

It's just a look alike, Sojin thought.

He held a stack of books that seemed like a struggle to carry.

With half her face shown to the boy and half her face covered by the door, Sojin asked, "How may I help you?"

"Hi there! Are your parents home?" He answered, with that grin of his never leaving his face.

Right on cue, her father came to the door and continued their unfinished conversation.

At the speed of light, she plopped herself onto the comfy couch and continued on with her show, although it was twenty minutes to being over.

"What did he want?" Sojin questioned as her dad walked back to the kitchen.

"Oh, nothing. He was just one of those people who try to convert your religions. He even gave me a bible," Her dad chuckled and swiftly went into the kitchen to help his wife.

This time, Sojin heard a loud knocking at the door.

Not again.

She aggressivly swung the door open and found the same boy. But instead, he was wearing a pizza delivery boy outfit. Sojin thought she was hallucinating or in a dream or something because this could not be real.

"Hey, aren't you the same boy from earlier?"

The boy replied with a puzzled look on his face, "What? I just got here and it'll be $15.90."

With an even more puzzled look on her face, she said, "I didn't order any pizza."

He fiddled with some papers in his pockets and apologized. He had gotten the wrong house number.

Soji scratched her head in confusion and went into her room to start on some homework.

I need to get more sleep. Everyone is starting to look the same.

A slight draft sent shivers down her spine but her windows were not open.

As Sojin's eyebrows knitted together in concentration trying to comprehend her homework, she did not know there was someone in the room watching her with a smug smirk on his face.

 


Thanks so much for the comments & subscribing! Enjoy (-: