Cinderella

Your Proposal

Kang Ha Neul took the files from Ji won’s hand. He examined it carefully. “Dad, why did you decided on this without calling anyone in for a meeting? Her position can be very debateable. She should start at a lower position first.”

 

Chairman Kang sat down on the couch. “She’s very suitable for that position according to her resume.”

 

“I want a reliable person for this position.” Kang Ha Neul said.

 

“She’s reliable enough. This is the end of our discussion. She will be working tomorrow. Ask your secretary to find an open office for her.” Chairman Kang fixed his suit and was about to leave.

 

Kang Ha Neul said loudly. “I do not have any responsibility for her actions. If something occur, Chairman Kang, you should fix it.”

 

Chairman Kang nodded. “I do not know why you’re against this but I will take full responsibility.” He walked to Ji Won. “Miss Kim, you seems to know Hee Jin. Are you her friend?”

 

Ji Won startled. “Sorry Chairman Kang, I do not know anything about her. I only talk to her once. I don’t think I’m capable to give any comments.”

 

“Dad, Ji Won just got back from the states. She wouldn’t know much about people around here.” Kang Ha Neul was being protective of Ji Won.

 

Chairman Kang smiled and sat back down on the couch. “My nephew also just came back from the states. You two would make a great couple. I can set-up the date for you two. How about that Ji Won?”

 

Kang Ha Neul put his hand in front of his face. “She might be your future daughter-in-law.”

 

Kim Ji Won was speechless. She just stood there as if time had suddenly just stopped.

 

Chairman Kang laughed. “I was just joking Ha Neul. I’m leaving to play golf now.” He turned to Ji Won. “Your feelings maybe unclear now but time will give you the answer.” He walked out of the office.

 

Kim Ji Won startled at Chairman’s Kang advice for her. She was wondering of how he can read her thoughts. She put it aside. “Hee Jin’s resume is very good. She’s suitable for the position. Why are you against it?”

 

“I thought you do not like the idea that I’m working with her.” Kang Ha Neul said.

 

“You would not hire her if I disagree?” Ji Won asked.

 

“You’re correct but I can’t reject my dad’s offer since he’s still the chairman.” Kang Ha Neul sighed. “Sorry.”

 

Ji Won smiled brightly. She hugged Kang Ha Neul. “Don’t worry about me. I have nothing against her.”

 

Kang Ha Neul was happy that Ji Won finally starting to open her heart for him again.

 

The weekend has arrived. Everyone in Jin Hyuk’s family surrounded each other for a family dinner. Majority of the members were from Jin Hyuk’s side of the family since his family hosted it. Everyone dressed elegantly and chatting with each other in front of a pool where they placed the cocktail drinks for early arrivals people.

 

Ji Won was picked up by Kang Ha Neul to go to Jin Hyuk’s mansion for the dinner. When they arrived, the chauffeur open the door for them and almost all eyes were on them since they were holding hand walking into the mansion. Ji Won and Kang Ha Neul greeted everyone.

 

“When are you two getting married?” A woman in her 50 asked loudly, causing all the attentions to be at Ji Won and Kang Ha Neul.

 

“It’s too early and there’s no proposal yet Mrs. Kwon.” Ji Won smiled heavily as she dislike the attention that she was receiving.

 

Kang Ha Neul didn’t know how to respond. He laughed at Ji Won’s answer.

 

Everyone laughed and return to their conversations.

 

Ji Won dragged Kang Ha Neul to the other side of the pool where there was a few people there. “Why didn’t you say anything?”

 

“Because you responded before I can react.” Kang Ha Neul sighed.

 

“But you could have said something afterwards.” Ji Won said.

 

Kang Ha Neul shaked his head and hugged Ji Won’s shoulder. “Sorry. I’ll say something next time.”

 

Ji Won gave Kang Ha Neul a cold stare and started to walk to the main entrance of the house. Kang Ha Neul followed Ji Won. Both of them spotted Jin Hyuk walking in with Joo Eun, they were about to enter the mansion.

 

Kang Ha Neul approached the couple. “Welcome home!” His hand gesture pointed toward the entrance of the mansion.

 

Jin Hyuk and Joo Eun laughed at Kang Ha Neul’s behavior.

 

“What do you think will happen next?” Ji Won whispered in Kang Ha Neul’s ear as they were walking behind the couple.

 

Kang Ha Neul pondered for awhile. “Everything will go smoothly and they will get married.”

 

Ji Won sensed something is not right. She could see the surprised look from Joo Eun’s facial expressions when she walked into the house full of guests dressing elegantly. Jin Hyuk did not introduced anyone to his family members. Every eyes were on Joo Eun. Kang Ha Neul was no where to be found either.

 

Jin Hyuk took Joo Eun to Ji Won. “Stay with Joo Eun for  a few minutes.” Jin Hyuk said.

 

Ji Won was surprised. “Where are you going? All your family members are here. You have to introduce Joo Eun to everyone first.”

 

“I am. Just wait.” Jin Hyuk left before Ji Won could say anything else.

 

Ji Won looked around the room and every eyes were on them. Jin Hyuk’s family members were questioning each other about the identity of Joo Eun. Not for so long, the song “Beautiful In White” started to play. Everyone started to be more confused and searched around the room for the person that the song. However, the focus turned to Kang Ha Neul as he was hold a big, rectangle, gift box and were walking toward Joo Eun and Ji Won.

 

Everyone started to clapped and laughed as Kang Ha Neul got closer to Ji Won and Joo Eun. Not as everyone expected, Kang Ha Neul stopped in front of Joo Eun and handed her the gift box. Everyone started to be quiet again and only the music can be heard in the background. During this time, Jin Hyuk appeared from the crowd and walked slowly to Joo Eun.

 

Joo Eun hold tighter to the gift box and carefully watch every moves of Jin Hyuk.

 

Jin Hyuk stopped in front of Joo Eun. “You can open the gift box first and tell me if you like it.”

 

With Ji Won’s help with holding the gift box. Joo Eun unwrapped the gift box and she took out the gift. Everyone gasped at the beautiful white wedding dress. Joo Eun didn’t know how to respond.

 

Jin Hyuk understood and he took out the ring and kneeled down. “Will you marry me?”

 

Ji Won was unable to comprehend for a few second. She couldn’t believed Jin Hyuk would do that before his parents’ approval.

 

From the crowd, Mrs. Choi dragged Mr. Choi to the proposal scene. Everyone could see the angry aura around her.

 

Jin Hyuk saw his parents’ approaching. He decided to walk to his parents instead. “Mom and dad, I have been waiting for this time for so long. Will you allow us to get marry?”

===========================

Hi Everyone!

It has been more than a month since I posted Chapter 8 of the story! I do want to apologize to my readers, silence readers, and subsribers. I have been very busy. I will not give up on this story. I will finish it eventhough it might take a long time so please continue to support me. I thought no one will subsribed to my story since I have not been updating the story and the statistics showed the decreased in number of viewers for every chapter. However, my number of subscribers tend to increase! I'm so thankful for your love and patience for the story! Eventhough I do not have time to write the story, I do check the story every week for about 10 minutes so please feel free to leave comments! 

JennTang <3