Return

Your Proposal

It was a saturday morning, Ji Won looked at her phone and there were several text messages from the unknown person. That person was threatening her, telling her to go back to leave the country. Ji Won decided to respond to the message. “Who are you?”

 

Kang Ha Neul, Ji Won, Joo Eun, and Jin Hyuk went to an elegant restaurant to eat dinner together to plan out the wedding for Joo Eun and Jin Hyuk.

 

“Ji Won, can you be our bridesmaid? Also, Kang Ha Neul, can you be our best man?” Jin Hyuk asked.

 

“Of course, we’re happy to!” Ji Won said joyfully. She suddenly received anything text message. Her face looked pale.

 

Kang Ha Neul snatched the phone out of Ji Won’s hand. The message was: Be careful. Kang Ha Neul place the phone down on the table. “Let’s call the police.”

 

Everyone at the table looked at Kang Ha Neul. They put down their fork.

 

Jin Hyuk didn’t quite understand the story. “Contact the police for what?”

 

Kang Ha Neul handed Jin Hyuk the phone. Jin Hyuk and Joo Eun read the messages and were worry about Ji Won’s safety.

 

“That person always chose night time to send those messages.” Ji Won said.

 

After Ji Won finish her story, the lights went out in the restaurant. The only light that they can use was the moonlight from the window. Everyone in the restaurant were nervous. Everyone stand up and looked around them. Suddenly, the chandelier on top of Ji Won’s head was dangling and ready to be fell down. Kang Ha Neul saw it, he rushed to Ji Won and pushed her away. Luckily, the chandelier fell on top of Kang Ha Neul’s leg. The broken pieces of the chandelier scattered around the floor. At that moment, the lights come back on. Everyone feel relieved.

 

Ji Won rushed to Kang Ha Neul and help him stand up. “Are you okay? Should we take you to the hospital?” Ji Won asked worriedly.

 

“I’m fine.” Kang Ha neul said. He was limping to his chair.

 

“No. Let’s go to the hospital. It’s a pretty big chandelier.” Joo Eun said, seeing the pain on Kang Ha Neul’s face.

All of them went to the hospital to check on Kang Ha Neul’s leg. The doctor told them that everything was fine, except the bruises at the knuckle of the leg making him to walk. It will be better in a few days.

 

“My leg is fine. There’s nothing worry.” Kang Ha Neul was limping to the car.

 

In the car, there was silence. Everyone was trying to comprehend of the situation that just occur at the restaurant.

 

Jin Hyuk was driver for the night. “We should hire bodyguards for Ji Won.”

 

“No!” Ji Won yelled.

 

“I don’t think the incident at the restaurant is an accident.” Kang Ha Neul said.

 

“I really do not want to hire bodyguards. I want my privacy.” Ji Won said.

 

Jin Hyuk shaked his head. “If something happen again, I have to choice but to have bodyguards around you 24/7.”

 

Ji Won sighed. “Alright.”

 

Kang Ha Neul arrived home and went to his room to contact his secretary.

 

“Just find four bodyguards and tell them to follow Ji Won. Remember not to show their face unless she’s in danger. Report all of her movements to me.” Kang Ha Neul told his secretary and hung up the phone.

 

There was a knock on the door and Mr. Kang stepped inside Kang Ha Neul’s room. “I want to ask you something.”

 

Kang Ha Neul placed his phone on the table. “Of course, dad.”

 

Mr. Kang slowly approach the couch and sit in front of Kang Ha Neul. “Are you willing to give up your CEO position?”

 

Kang Ha Neul was confused. “What are you talking about dad?”

 

“What if there’s a person that is more capable than you. Are you willing to give up your position to him?” Mr. Kang asked.

 

“Dad, you wanted me to become the CEO. Now, you want me to give up my position to someone else? I just don’t understand.” Kang Ha Neul said. “You gave me this position. If you want it back, go ahead.” Kang Ha Neul sighed and walked out of the room.

 

Ji Won had a business meeting after the dinner. She approach the coffee shop, where the meeting was supposed to be at. She sat at a small table and order her drink. She was waiting patiently for the text message from her business partner. Suddenly, a familiar figure approach her and sat in front of her. She lifted her head up and that person smiling sweetly at her. She was speechless and continue to stare at the familiar face.

 

“Long time no see.” The familiar person said.

 

“Young….  Jae…...?” Ji Won stuttered.

 

“Yeah. It’s me. I’m still alive.” Young Jae smiling softly.

 

There was a cold chills going down Ji Won’s spine. “Why did Hee Jin said you were dead?”

 

“You met her?” Young Jae asked worriedly.

 

“She’s pretty… and most importantly… she loves you alot.” Ji Won was unable to keep her calm. She finally understand that her business partner is Young Jae as he always ask his secretary to contact her and refer to his name as YJ.

 

“I tricked everyone about my death. It will be reveal later.” Young Jae said.

 

Ji Won smiled. “You always have secrets. It’s okay. It’s nice to meet you again. Let’s get back to your business proposal.”

 

“Can we talk?” Young Jae asked.

 

“Of course, let’s talk about your business plan and how it--” Ji Won said halfway.

 

“No. Let’s talk about us.” Young Jae jumped into her sentence.

 

Ji Won was silence for awhile and stare at Young Jae. “I need to return your ring.”

“Why?” Young Jae was wondering.

 

“Because I’m not a toy.” Ji Won signed. “Do you still remember how you treated me when you want to leave me for Hee Jin? You ignored my calls, my texts, and even lied to me. I had to find out myself that you cheated on me. Now, you want to propose to me? What about Hee Jin?”

 

Young Jae shook his head. “I don’t know.”

 

Ji Won smiled. “You’re always clueless.” She look at the cover of the business proposal on the table where Young Jae had place it at. “You’re working with Ha Neul?” Ji Won was confused. Kang Ha Neul haven’t told her anything about Young Jae.

 

“I’m in charge of companies in Europe.” Young Jae said.

 

Ji Won was confused. “He didn’t know you’re still alive though.”

 

“Only chairman Kang know I’m still on this Earth.” Young Jae responded.

 

Ji Won can sense something is about to happen.

 

======

Hello everyone! Sorry for the late update! I had some problem with my google docs account. Therefore, I couldn't update earlier. :( 

Have fun reading! 

Thank-you,

Jenn Tang