Surprising

Your Proposal

Kang Ha Neul led Mrs. Choi to the mall and they went to one of the coffee shop for a drink. On the other hand, Ji Won was confused by Kang Ha Neul intention. She noticed that he was trying to help her but, at the same time, his intention were something different according to her believes. All three of them order their drinks and waited for the waitress to walk away before they start their conversation.

 

Mrs. Choi was the first one to broke the silent. “CEO Kang, what is it that you want to ask me?”

 

“I’m sorry for not asking for your permission beforehand about dating Ji Won.” Kang Ha Neul said.

 

Mrs. Choi was surprised by Kang Ha Neul’s confession. “You two are dating? When did this happened?”

 

“She just said yes today.” Kang Ha Neul said.

 

Mrs. Choi smiled. “Ha Neul, please be good to her. She is my niece but since I do not have any daughter, I see her as my daughter. Please come to our family dinner this weekend.”

 

Kang Ha Neul nodded. “It would be my pleasure.”

 

Ji Won was sitting there speechless. She never thought Kang Ha Neul would do something like that. At the same time, she was happy that he took this relationship seriously.

 

Mrs. Choi looked at Ji Won. “Why aren’t you saying anything Ji Won.”

 

Ji Won startled. “I’m waiting for my drink.”

 

Mrs. Choi shaked her head. “Ji Won, you should be nice to Ha Neul.”

 

Ji Won was surprised. “I haven’t done anything to him yet.”

 

The waitress brought their drinks out and everyone was enjoying their drink for a moment.

 

Ji Won suddenly remember the question that she have to ask her aunt. “Auntie, Jin Hyuk needs a wife now, don’t you think so?”

 

Mrs. Choi nodded. “He haven’t brought any girl home yet and I don’t think I can force him into it.”

 

Ji Won smiled brightly. “Then he can bring anyone home right?”

 

Mrs. Choi’s face became stiff. “Not that girl.”

 

“But Joo Eun is not a bad choice.” Ji Won debated.

 

“But we need someone that can help him manage his businesses.” Mrs. Choi said. She pondered for a few second. “Tell Jin Hyuk to bring her home this weekend.”

 

Ji Won was shocked. She wasn’t expected this from her aunt. Obviously, it was too easy compared to what she had thought. “I’ll tell Jin Hyuk.”

Mrs. Choi stood up. “I’m leaving now. I need to go get ready for our family dinner this weekend.” She left without another word.

Ji Won still wasn’t able to comprehend. It’s just impossible for her aunt to be lenient on Jin Hyuk. She turned over to face Kang Ha Neul. “What do you think about this?”

Kang Ha Neul laughed. “It’s a nice start. Joo Eun can impress your aunt.”

“There’s something fishy about this.” Ji Won shaked her head.

“Don’t worry about it, Jin Hyuk will know how to handle his problem. I still have your stuff at my office. Let’s go up there to get it.” Kang Ha Neul hold Ji Won’s hand all the way to his office.

At Kang Ha Neul’s office, he pull out the engagement ring and the small memory chest. He placed it on top of the table. “What are you planning to do with it?”

Ji Won opened the memory chest and took out each picture in there. “I can’t believed he kept everything. I have burned everything that contains his memories.” She took out one picture and showed it to Kang Ha Neul. “First time we went to a trip together was to Paris.” She flip the picture to the back. There was a specific date on it. “He even put the date on it too.” Ji Won smiled.

Kang Ha Neul pull the picture from her hand and placed the ring box on her hand. “If he’s still alive, what would be your response?” He stared at Ji Won’s eyes.

Ji Won looked at the ring box and opened it. She took the ring out and put it on her ring finger. Then, she held up her hand in front of Kang Ha Neul.

Kang Ha Neul lips curled into sad smile. “I guess he’s still important to you.”

Ji Won smiled while slowly allowing her hand to fall to her hip. At the same time, the ring started to slid out of her finger. As it scattered on the floor, the noise echoing in the quiet room.

Kang Ha Neul was speechless. He kept on looking at the falling ring.

“From the beginning, Young Jae and I never understand each other. Just like this engagement ring, it doesn’t fit me.” She walked to the ring and kneeled down to pick it up. “It’s better if it stays in the ring box. I have been mad, sad, disappointment, and multiple of other feelings. I’ve buried those feelings long ago and I’m not planning to dig it up.”

“What are you planning to do?” Kang Ha Neul asked.

“Burry these near Young Jae and move on with my life.” Ji Won said.

“I’ll do it for you. I need to apologized to him for not delivering it to you before he’s gone.” Kang Ha Neul took the ring from Ji Won’s hand.

“Even if you deliver it during that time, I would have rejected too.” Ji Won smiled.

Kang Ha Neul placed the boxes back into his drawer. “Why?”

“Because of… you…” Ji Won whispered.

Kang Ha Neul heard it but he decided to ask again. “I can’t hear you.”

 

“Nothing...” Ji Won denied.

Kang Ha Neul was about to speak but a man in his early 60s walked into Kang Ha Neul’s office without knocking or being notified by the secretary. This action startled both Kang Ha Neul and Ji Won.

“Dad? Why are you here?” Kang Ha Neul questioned.

“I want you to hire someone to help you with businesses.” Chairman Kang said. He turned to face Ji Won. “And may I ask who is this?”

Ji Won bowed. “I’m Kim Ji Won. I’m Choi Jin Hyuk’s cousin.”

Chairman Kang laughed loudly. “Kim Ji Won, daughter of K.M Group’s chairman correct?”

Ji Won smiled. “Yes.”

Chairman Kang gave the document in his hand to Ji Won. “Ms. Kim, can you tell me if that person is a good candidate to become the director for my businesses?”

Ji Won flip through the resumes. Everything about the person seems to be fit for the position. “This person would be a good candidate Chairman Kang.”

Chairman Kang was pleased with Ji Won’s answer. “Her personal information and picture is on the last page.”

Ji Won flipped to the last page. She was surprised by what she saw. “Hee Jin?!”


=======

Thanks for reading!

JennTang heart