Spying

Your Proposal

Ji Won and Jin Hyuk were debating about building more Galaxy Hotels in other countries in Jin Hyuk’s office.

 

“We should open more hotels in China. Many customers were complaining about the distance between the hotel and their temporary workplace.” Ji Won said.

 

Jin Hyuk walked around the room. “This is not a good time to build more hotels. First, we must revise our menu for our restaurants. We will lose customers if we’re keeping it at this pace.”

 

“We should hire new chefs.” Ji Won insisted.

 

“We can’t just fired our chefs.”

 

“Hire a newly famous chef to teach all of our old chefs. We need something new on our menu and only new chefs can give us that.”  

 

“That’s not a bad idea.” Jin Hyuk agreed. Before he could continue, the phone in his office rang. He pick up the phone, “I’m listening…. She looks mad?!”

 

Jin Hyuk worriedly looking at Ji Won, but before Jin Hyuk can say anything, a lady in her 50s madly walked in.

 

“Auntie?” Ji Won happily greeting her aunt.

 

“Jin Hyuk! Why did you ordered an engagement ring?”

 

Jin Hyuk startled. “Mom, where did you hear that news?”

 

“You were with a girl? Who is she? The store assistant said she look like a gold-digger. You’re not getting engage with her without my permission are you?” Jin Hyuk’s mom asked.

 

Ji Won jumped into the conversation to save her cousin before he confess everything to his mother. “That ring is for me!”

 

Mrs. Choi was puzzled. “Don’t tell me you’re proposing to someone… But that ring is for a girl unless you’re a… No no… You’re not that desperate for marriage right?”

 

Jin Hyuk placed his hand in front of his face.

 

Ji Won was taken by surprised and she shaked her head uncontrollably. “Of course not! I’m buying it for a friend! He is not good with choosing a ring so I’m helping him out.” She lied.

 

“Are you telling me the truth?” Mrs. Choi asked.

 

“Yes, I am telling the truth…” Ji Won intentionally asking about previous conversation. “I’m curious, why did the store assistant said I look like a gold-digger?!” She was innocently looking at her aunt.

 

Jin Hyuk and Mrs. Choi looked at each other.

 

“Just because you were with Jin Hyuk. They didn’t know you two are related. Please excuse them dear.” Mrs. Choi answered.

 

Jin Hyuk sighed. “Everyone are expecting me to marry someone with the same social status.” He looked at his mother.

 

At the Empire Mall, Kang Ha Neul walked around the mall for a long period of time. His secretary, 60 years old, seemed to be restless after a prolong period of walking.

 

Kang Ha Neul still had so much energy. “They should be here by now. Mr. Parks, when do you think they will be coming?”

 

Mr. Parks got interrupted by a phone call. He smiled brightly afterwards since he know he can stop walking now. “CEO Kang, we can go to the jewelry place now. They’re here.”

 

Kang Ha Neul startled. “I need to know the name of that girl but I can’t show her my face.”

 

Mr. Parks sighed. “CEO Kang, let me handle it for you. Stay here.” He walked at full speed to the jewelry story while Kang Ha Neul stand there speechless and worrying.

 

At the jewelry store, Ji Won and Jin Hyuk were carefully examining the engagement ring that they just ordered. It was perfect for a proposal.

 

Jin Hyuk smiled and said to the store assistant. “The ring is pretty but, next time, remember to keep your mouth shut about my orders.”

 

The store assistant’s face turned cherry red from Jin Hyuk’s comment.

 

Secretary Parks walked into the store and her spotted Jin Hyuk. “Mr. Choi! How nice of seeing you here!”

 

“Mr. Parks!” Jin Hyuk shaked hand with secretary Parks.

 

Secretary Parks quickly caught a glimpse of Ji Won. She was in the middle of examining the ring. “Are you getting marry Mr. Jin Hyuk?”

 

“Not yet Mr. Parks.” Jin Hyuk can sense something eerie going on.

 

“I apologized. I thought you two are getting married.” Secretary Parks laughed loudly and smiled at Ji Won.

 

Jin Hyuk pulled Ji Won closer to him. “She’s the general manager of all the restaurants in the Galaxy Hotels. The granddaughter of chairman Choi. That would make her my cousin.”

 

Once again, the store assistant wanted to find somewhere to hide from embarrassment.

 

“No wonder I have never seen her around! I do want to say sorry for the misunderstanding.” Secretary Parks said.

 

Ji Won sighed and said. “It’s just a misunderstanding Mr. Parks. I’m Ji Won, we might have a chance to work with each other in the future.” Ji Won putting her hand out for a handshake with Mr. Parks.

 

“Of course!” Secretary Parks shaked Ji Won’s hand. “I should leave now, CEO Kang is waiting for me. It’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Choi!” Before Ji Won could respond, secretary Parks was nowhere to be found.

 

“But my last name is not Choi…. Do you think he knows superpower?” Ji Won asked Jin Hyuk.

Kang Ha Heul was waiting for secretary Parks patiently in his office. As soon as he heard the footsteps outside, he rushed to open the door. He pulled secretary Parks to sit on a chair and begin to ask him questions.

“What is her name?” Kang Ha Heul asked.

 

Mr. Parks was trying to catch his breaths. “It’s Choi Ji Won.”

 

“Choi?! People with the same name can look alike too?” Kang Ha Neul couldn’t believe his ears.

=====================

Thanks for reading! 

JennTang heart