Beginning

Your Proposal

Kang Ha Neul was looking at the flowers in the courtyard of the hospital. He noticed that there are different types of flowers with different shapes and sizes. That was the first time he pay that much attentions to flowers. He noticed the footsteps coming closer to him. He turned around and the person standing in front of him was Ji Won.

 

“Please, do not tell anyone that you know Im Joo Eun.” Ji Won begged Kang Ha Neul.

 

“Why are you caring so much about another person?” Kang Ha Neul was curious.

 

Ji Won smirked. “You taught me that remember?”

 

Kang Ha Neul became speechless. All he could do was to stare at the stranger in front of him.

 

“You taught me to care about another person. After I learned it, you were nowhere to be found.” Ji Won said.

 

Kang Ha Neul showed regretful. “I had to come back here to become the new CEO, I didn’t have a chance to say goodbye… Before that, I was busy with my company… So I ignored every calls and text messages… When I realized what I have done, it’s too late. I didn’t have any ways of contacting you.”

 

“Why did you decided to hide the fact that you’re from an influential family?” Ji Won bitterly asked.

 

“You didn’t tell me you were from an influential family either.”

 

“You never bother to ask.”

 

Both of them became silent and enjoying the moon. They never thought that they would have a chance to meet each other again.

 

Ji Won laughed sadly. “I’m not your girlfriend, I’m just your friend. I don’t have the rights to be mad.”

 

Kang Ha Neul looked at Ji Won sadly. “Right.”

 

Ji Won closed her eyes for a moment, she wished that seeing Kang Ha Neul was just a dream. When she opened her eyes, he was still there. “It’s late, I have to go now. Bye.”

 

“I miss you.” Kang Ha Neul said all of a sudden.

 

Ji Won smiled. “I know, you miss me as a friend.” Then she walked away before Kang Ha Neul could respond. Inside her mind, she was trying to convince herself that he only see her as a friend. She cannot put her whole heart into a relationship like this anymore. She was scared to get hurt again. She never thought she would see him again. She chose the wrong way to hide from him.

 

Early in the morning, Ji Won had to rushed to work since she was tired from last night’s party. It was her first day working for Galaxy Hotel. When she arrived, everyone was busy working and talking on the phone with customers.

 

“You got a phone call from Mr. Li in China. Also, there’s a box from someone. I placed it on your table.” Ji Won’s secretary said.

 

Ji Won walked to her office and there was a small silver rectangle box on her desk. When she opened it, there was a red rose inside. The first sentence she said when she saw the rose was, “It’s so ugly!” She took the rose out and rushed outside to asked her secretary. “What’s wrong with the stem?!”

 

The secretary look confused. “Why are there white spots where the thorns supposed to be? Did that person cut out all the thorns?” She gasped.

 

“Who brought the rose here?” Ji Won asked.

 

“It’s Secretary Parks. He’s currently working for CEO Kang.” Ji Won’s secretary respond.

 

Ji Won handed the rose to her secretary. “Take it to a lab and test for any harmful chemicals for me.”

 

Ji Won’s secretary was carefully taking the rose from Ji Won’s hand. “May I ask why?”

 

“Because Kang Ha Neul never give me flowers before.” Ji Won said without thinking.

 

“Are you two dating?” Ji Won’s secretary was shocked.

 

Ji Won realized what she had said. “No, we were friend.”

 

Ji Won’s secretary nodded her head slowly. “Do you want the flower back?”

 

Ji Won stared at the flower for a moment and took the flower back. “I’ll put it back in the box. This is the ugliest rose I’ve seen!” Then she walked back to her office. She was about to put the flower back to the box, right at that moment, she saw a small piece of paper lying in the box.

 

She picked up the paper. It read, “Love at first sight.” It was handwritten from Kang Ha Neul. She know his handwriting very well and she can tell that it’s him who wrote it.

 

She put the piece of paper and the rose back in the box then she started working on her project. She was checking her email and there was an email from Kang Ha Neul.

 

Subject: The Rose

 

 

“Sorry for that ugly rose! Secretary Parks bought the wrong rose when we were rushing to attend a meeting. I had to cut each of those thorns out to make it the “Thornless Rose” with the meaning of “Love at First Sight.” I booked a table at Midnight Restaurant tonight at 8:00p.m. Please come if you want to know if the rose is poisonous or not.”

 

 

Yours,

Kang Ha Neul

 

Ji Won was frozen for a moment. She was wondering why did he become so romantic. Even though the rose was not pretty, but it showed that he’s being thoughtful.

 

After finishing up the work at her office, it was 7:40p.m. Ji Won started to head to the Midnight restaurant. When she arrived it’s 7:55p.m. She told the waiter the name of Kang Ha Neul, the waiter led her to Kang Ha Neul’s table. To her surprised, he was there waiting for her already. She sat down in front of him.

 

“You can bring the food out here now.” Kang Ha Neul told the waiter. The waiter bowed and walked away.

 

“Is there any poison on the rose?” Ji Won asked and placed her phone on the table.

 

Kang Ha Neul laughed. “You’re not that gullible are you?”

 

Before Ji Won could response, she received a message on her phone. But Kang Ha Neul was able to see the message. “Ji Won 小姐, 你在哪里? (Ms. Ji Won, where are you?)” However, Kang Ha Neul doesn’t understand Chinese.

 

Ji Won took the phone back and make a phone call. “你好.... 好啊... (Hello…. okay…)” She hang-up then she looked at Kang Ha Neul. “I’m not gullible like I did years ago. Out of respect I came to say hello, but, sadly, I have a meeting with someone else. The other table is mine.” She pointed to table at the other side of the room. She walked to the entrance to greet a man in his late 50s and they approached the table that Ji Won had booked.

 

Kang Ha Neul realized that this man was Mr. Li from China. The food arrived but Kang Ha Neul decided to leave without touching any of them. Secretary Parks came to pick him up. In the car Kang Ha Neul closed his eyes and think carefully about everything that he had done to Ji Won. From the moment that they met, he didn’t do anything good for her but she was always willing to be there for him. She knows when to not interfere with his life when he’s tired but she never complaint about it. He know her heart was for him and she was waiting for the day for two of them to be together, but he decided to choose his career and forgot about her.

 

Kang Ha Neul opened his eyes, now he’s back to reality. “I feel like I’m chasing a stranger… Where is the old Ji Won? Secretary Parks, can you answer that for me?”

 

Secretary Parks sighed. “She’s not the college girl back when you first met. She’s one of the most important person at Galaxy Hotel now. I heard that she was able to convinced Mr. Li to come all the way from China to have a meeting at her.”

 

“I know. She’s eating dinner with him right now.”

 

Kang Ha Neul knew that Ji Won is not that innocent girl anymore. She’s having a meeting with the most powerful business man in China. With her current position in Galaxy Hotel, it was amazing for her to meet that powerful man.

 

“Are you going to tell her your secret?” Secretary Parks asked.

 

This startled Kang Ha Neul. Should or should not?

 

========

Thanks For Reading

 

JennTangheart

 

Not sure if you guys can see the rose, here is the link. P.S I DO NOT OWN ANY PICTURES.

 

http://festivals.iloveindia.com/valentines-day/gifs/valentine-rose.jpg