Revealing

Your Proposal

Ji Won was walking around the restaurant at Galaxy Hotel to check on the foods and the chefs. She wanted to know if the customers are satisfied with everything that they offer at the restaurant. From far away she saw her secretary approaching her with a small memory chest.

 

Ji Won looked at the memory chest in her secretary’s hand. “Ji Eun, what is that?”

 

Ji Won’s secretary, Ji Eun, handed her the box. “A lady in her 20s said you will understand everything when you open the memory chest.”

 

Ji Won was confused. She didn’t know whether to open the box or not. It might be something dangerous inside. She took a deep breath, placed the memory chest on the table, and slowly opening it. Inside, she saw a piece of paper with an address on it and many pictures of herself and many pictures of familiar places that she had visited.

 

With everything in front of her eyes, Ji Won couldn’t believed it, she turned around to look at her secretary. “Where is the person that gave you this memory chest?”

 

Ji Eun startled. “She left already. She said if you want to see her, go to this address now.”

 

Without another word, Ji Won rushed out of Galaxy Hotel with the memory chest in her hand. She told the chauffeur to drive to the address, however, houses started to disappeared out of sight as they got closer to their destination. During that moment, she was facing with trees and green grasses. She hold onto the memory chest tighter. Finally, the chauffeur stopped in front of a cemetery. Taking all of her courage, Ji Won stepped out of the car. As she looked around, she saw someone very familiar, a person in her mid-20s. That person stared back at her. She decided to approach that person with the memory chest in her hand. Only a few steps away from that person, she saw a tombstone with the name of “AHN YOUNG JAE.” Ji Won stopped walking and continued to stare at the tombstone, emotionless.

 

The lady in her mid-20s slowly walked toward Ji Won and softly said, “Ji Won.”

 

Ji Won startled and turned around to look at the lady. “You’re Hee Jin right?”

 

Hee Jin smirked. “Young Jae must have told you about me. He was the --”

 

“What happened to him?” Ji Won cut off Hee Jin’s sentence.

 

Hee Jin laughed. “Can’t you see? He’s in front of you! Why did you have come into our relationship? Why can’t you didn’t you just disappeared from our lives?”

 

Ji Won shaked her head at this hopeless person in front of her. “You were in our relationship!  I kept it silence and were slowly getting away from Young Jae’s life. Do you think that’s fair for me?!” She was trembling with anger. “Anyways, why did he died?!”

 

Tears were streaming from Hee Jin’s eyes. “Young Jae was right about you. You never show any emotions. If it was another person, they would be crying when they see the tombstone of their loved ones.” Hee Jin wiped away the tears. “The police said he suicide. The autopsy showed that he drank wine with a large amount of sleeping pills at the same time.”

 

“Suicide? Why would he suicide?” Ji Won couldn’t believed that story.

 

“Because of his workload. He was never able to talk to you about his burden because he said you wouldn’t understand. You were like a princess to him, you never have to worry about anything. He didn’t know you came from a wealthy family. I was there with him during hardships and I thought I got his heart when he finally decided to choose me over you. However, I was wrong. He decided to broke up with me when he found out Kang Ha Neul has feelings for you.”

 

Ji Won was surprised by that name. “Kang Ha Neul?   

 

Hee Jin sighed. “I guess you didn’t know. They were friend.”

 

Ji Won wasn’t able to straighten her mind. She didn’t want to ask anymore questions. She walked slowly to the car holding the small memory chest in her hand.

 

Hee Jin stayed behind. She turned over to face the tombstone. “Young Jae, it’s fun to play with your princess’s heart. It seems like she can’t trust anyone now...”  

 

Ji Won rushed into Kang Ha Neul’s office like a tornado. She was not able to control her anger. He had kept the secret from her for many years.

 

Before she was able to enter, Secretary Parks stopped her. “Miss Ji Won, why are you here?”

 

“Secretary Parks, I need to talk to Kang Ha Neul.”  Ji Won tried to calm herself when talking to Secretary Parks.

 

Secretary Parks was surprised. Ji Won have always been avoiding Kang Ha Neul, now she decided to find him. “He’s in there. Please go in.”

 

Ji Won didn’t even bother to knock, she walked straight in. She saw Kang Ha Neul signing papers at his desk. She approached him and knocked all the papers on the floor.

 

Kang Ha Neul was still holding onto his pen. “Those papers are urgent.” He said calmly.

 

Ji Won snatched the pen from Kang Ha Neul’s hand and she opened the memory chest. “You were friend with Ahn Young Jae?”

 

Kang Ha Neul looked at the memory chest. Then he opened his drawer and pulled out a white ring box. “It’s from Young Jae.”

 

Ji Won took the ring box and open it. Inside there’s an engagement ring. She couldn’t believed in her eyes.

 

Kang Ha Neul stood up and hold onto Ji Won’s shoulder. “He told me to give that to you, but I lost contact with you for awhile already. After that, he suicide.”

 

Ji Won stepped away from Kang Ha Neul. “Tell me the whole story!”

 

Kang Ha Neul looked out at the window as if he’s trying to find his memories. “I know you and Young Jae were dating and you two encountered problems in your relationship. Both of you can’t understand each other and Hee Jin got in between. The result was broken up for two of you. By accident, I’m slowly becoming your friend and…. fall in love with you… I only found out about your relationship with Young Jae after I have feelings for you.” He sighed. “I was debating whether to stay or leave you but my work got in the way, I had to return to become the CEO. I met Young Jae again and he was regretting about his choice. He wanted to propose but he had a lot of uncomplete plans, he asked me to go apologized to you for him first and give you the ring. But all your informations were well kept by your family. I wasn’t able to find your whereabouts… I wonder if it’s wrong to fall in love with you...”

 

Ji Won sat on the chair with tears uncontrollably rolling from her eyes. “Am I that naive for people to treat me like this?! I have forgotten Young Jae when you came in my life but you left me as well! How can I trust anyone anymore!?”

 

Kang Ha Neul came over to Ji Won and hugged her tightly. “I promise I won’t leave you again. Just give me one more chance okay?”

 

Ji Won dropped the ring on the floor and hugged Kang Ha Neul. Suddenly a phone called interrupted the two of them. It was Ji Won’s phone, the caller is “Joo Eun.”

 

Ji Won picked up the phone. “Hello Joo Eun?”

 

On the other side of the phone. “We need your help Ji Won.”

=========================

- Ahn Young Jae and Hee Jin are fictional characters. 

-Sorry for the late update! 

Thanks for reading! 

JennTang heart