Meeting

Your Proposal

Early in the morning, Ji Won woke up and saw a note on top of the table.

Ji Won,

Grandma and grandpa will not be home in the next few months. We’re going to Europe, so don’t worry about us.

Love you, Grandma and Grandpa.”

 

Coming from a wealthy family, Ji Won knew something like this is bound to happen all the times. After finishing with her morning routine, she walked downstair to eat her breakfast. The maid make a table full of breakfast for her to choose since they are oblivious about her favorite cuisine.

 

Ji Won make a quick phone call to her cousin, “Mr. Choi, we can go shopping now.”

 

In the car, Choi Jin Hyuk pay an extra attention on the road and drives quietly. Ji Won looked at him and gave a quiet laugh.

 

“I’m not a monster.” Ji Won said all of a sudden, which startled Jin Hyuk.

 

Jin Hyuk took a quick glimpse at Ji Won. “What did she tells you?”

 

“I came back all the way from the states, should you ask how I’m doing? Why did I decided to come back? How long am I staying?” Ji Won sighed.

 

“Uhm. How are you doing?” Jin Hyuk asked quietly.

 

Ji Won shaked her head. “I’m not very well. I don’t want to come back to the states anymore.”

 

Jin Hyuk worriedly look at Ji Won. “What happened?”

 

“I’m trying to forget someone. I have tried so many years already, but I failed. For that reason, I’m here to keep an eye on my father’s business and to heal my wound… I’m so corny…” Sadness spreads throughout Ji Won’s eyes, yet she still manage to put some humor in her story.

 

Jin Hyuk became speechless, he didn’t know how to respond to Ji Won’s sadness. He slightly patted her shoulder.

 

She manage to put a bright smile on her face. “Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me but solve it fast because my big mouth will ruin everything.” She warned.

 

“Please don’t tell anyone, I will do anything that you say.” He begged Ji Won.

 

Ji Won laughed. “I can’t believe that came from the future CEO.”

 

“I can’t believe I said that either.” Jin Hyuk shaked his head.

 

They both laughed as they know they can depend on each other.

 

The Empire Mall were especially crowded. Ji Won and Jin Hyuk shop around and decided to enter a jewelry store.

 

An early 20s year old female store assistant approached Ji Won and Jin Hyuk. “It’s a pleasure to have you here. May I ask what you are looking for?”

 

“We’re looking for an engagement ring.” Ji Won said quickly with a bright smile.

 

“Congratulation! We have tons of rings you can choose from or you can customize your own ring. Please come this way.” The store assistant led Ji Won and Jin Hyuk to the ring section. “How considerate of you to take your girlfriend out to choose a ring for her sir.”

 

Both Ji Won and Jin Hyuk eyes were widen, looking at each other.

 

Ji Won snapped out of it quickly. “Right! You’re right! We were just decided on our engagement. It was a rush.” She turned to Jin Hyuk and gave him a sweet smile. “Am I correct honey?”

 

Jin Hyuk nodded his head slowly. “Please bring out the ring. I’m in a rush.” His phone rang so he walks out of the store to pick up the phone call.

 

The store assistant was bringing out multiple of rings but she had picked up the ring with the smallest diamond on it. “I think this one fits your thin finger the best.” She is handing Ji Won the ring.

 

Before the ring gets to Ji Won, she put up her hand to stopped the store assistant. “That diamond is too small with poor cut. I want one with a bigger diamond and a better cut please.”

 

Jin Hyuk walked in and he was starting to look at the ring with Ji Won too. “Any of these caught your eyes?”

 

“No, a customize ring would be better. Don’t you think so?” Ji Won smiled at her own idea.

 

“Okay.” Jin Hyuk agree.

 

After telling the store assistant about the ring that they want. The two walked out of the store and at the same time there was a pair of eyes looking at two of them.

 

The guy walk into the store and was greeted by the same store assistant. “CEO Kang! Are you looking for something here too?”

 

“No, do you know the names of your last two customers?” Kang Ha Heul respond quickly.

 

“The man is the future CEO Choi Jin Hyuk of Galaxy Hotel but I don’t know the name of that lady.” The store assistant sighs. “I think she love him because of his money.”

 

Kang Ha Neul eyes widen. “Meaning?”

 

“I showed her a ring that would fit her finger but she insisted to get the one with a bigger diamond. At the end, she even insisted CEO Choi into getting a customize ring for her. She knows too well that he is rich so she want to use all those money for herself.” The store assistant rolled her eyes. “Such a gold-digger.”

 

“You said they ordered a customize ring right?”

 

“Yes sir, they will come back in 2 more days to pick it up.” The store assistant response.

 

Kang Ha Neul was in a deep thought. “Is that her? Did she change into a gold digger?”

 

Kang Ha Neul snapped out of his thoughts. “Call me right away when they come.”


==============

Thanks for reading,

Jenn Tang