Heart's Desire

Torn

You wake up bright and early the next day, excited to be meeting V and going on a date. You pick out a comfortable tan coat, a pastel pink longsleeve shirt, navy blue skinny jeans, and a pair of converse for the day. Both comfortable and cute! You could barely contain your excitement. You mom looked at you oddly as you seemed to be floating around the house with a huge smile on your face. You’d always wanted to go to Lotte World with a guy. It was fun going with your friends of course, but going with a guys was.. different.

Your phone buzzes and you check to see who sent you a message. It was V.

“I’ll be at your house soon! Wait outside for me~”

You smile brightly and run outside to wait for him. V comes walking up looking amazing, yet effortless. He’s in a long black coat with the collar turned up slightly. Under he’s wearing a baseball tee and black skinny jeans. He’s also wearing lensless glasses, which made him look a little dorky, but a good dorky. His entire face brightens up when he sees you smiling at him. He walks right up to you, looking straight into your eyes.

“Goodmorning, beautiful!”

“Morning, V~”

“You ready to go?”

V holds out his hand to you. You look down at his hand, nod excitedly, and place your hand in his. Together the both of you head off to Lotte World. SInce it was relatively early, the line to get in was pretty short.

As soon as you walked through the doors to the theme park, you could not wait to go on every ride you could.

“V, which ride do you want to go on first?”

“Well…. it’s actually my first time hear…..”

“WHAT?! No way!! Okay, I will be your guide!”

You quickly run forward, pulling V along as you head over to the giant carousel. You two go on every attraction possible, sharing countless laughs, screams, and smiles. From time to time, you glance over to see V laughing so happily. He looked like he was on top of the world being there with you and his adoration for you clearly showed in his eyes. Being there with him seemed surreal. He made you feel special, giving his full attention to you only.

But it bothered you how many girls at the park were trying to flirt with V. Clearly he didn’t seem phased by it, but it was bothering you alot. You worried that you wouldn’t be able to match up to all those beautiful girls that tried to catch V’s attention. What if one day, he didn’t look to you anymore? You began to get worried. V noticed this and promptly stopped you. He grabbed your shoulders and turned you around to face him.

“Is something wrong, _______? You look worried…. don’t say its nothing!”

“...... Well….. I’m just worried that you wouldn’t look to me anymore. You see how many pretty girls are always trying to hit on you! I’m not nearly as pretty as a lot of them. I’m not that tall, my features aren’t the best, I

“SHH. Don’t say that! Listen to me. You’re the most beautiful girl in the world to me. Don’t compare yourself to others. You caught my eye for a reason. I could tell from the start that you were special, different. I won’t stray away from you.”

“.... I know. I just can’t help but feel worried though….”

You look down, still sad, but suddenly feel V’s hand on your head.

“Babo, just trust me. I’m here for you.”

You smile a bit and suddenly feel V’s hand pull yours as he leads you to another ride.

“Come on, let’s go on a ride and get your mind off of this!”

The two of you run over to the hot air balloon ride. It was your favorite ride in the entire park and you follow after V in anticipation.

After waiting in line for a little bit, the two of you finally take your turn and get into the ride. Soon, the balloon takes off and the two of you are in the basket, alone, taking in the view of the park from above. You rush over to the side to see the tiny people below. The sun had gone down and the park was sparkling with lights.

“Isn’t the view amazing, V?”

“Not as amazing as my view.”

Suddenly, V hugs you from behind, placing his hands around yours, holding the edge of the basket. He warms you up and you start turning red. Your heart skips a beat and you get nervous. Being with V made you feel loved and you didn’t want the moment to end. The two of you stood there, enjoying the view below. The ride seemed to go forever. Suddenly, your phone rings. You excuse yourself and break free from V’s embrace to check your phone to see who was calling.

It was Jin. Your stomach suddenly twists and you swallow a dry gulp. THe phone rings for a bit longer.

“Are you not going to pick that up?”

“... Huh? Oh.. oh yeah.”

You take a deep breath before picking up.

“Hello?”

“...........”

“Helloooo?”

“..... ssldkfj I need you, ________. Be by my sideeeeesaljddveiwoin……”

“Wait what? What did you just say?”

“I neeeeeeed you. Come here and be with mesa;dlkfjwenoslk………”

“ARE YOU DRUNK?! Ugh, what the hell, tell me where you are.”

“.... that barbeque place near my houseeeeeeee………..”

“Okay, don’t go anywhere. Wait for me.”

The ride was just coming to an end as you hang up.

“What’s wrong?”

“Oh.. uh, my friend is pretty messed up right now and I should really go. It can’t be good..”

“Oh okay, I get it. Do you need me to go with you?”

“No, it’s fine, really… I’m really sorry I have to go like this… Uhm, I guess I’ll see you at school?”

You quickly turn around, just about ready to run away when V grabs your arm and twirls you back around. He then hold you close to him, hugging you. You’re surprised, but grow comfortable and relaxed in his arms. He pulls away slightly and kisses you gently on the forehead. A chill goes down your spine and you feel loved by V. Slowly you pull away, feeling that sense of urgency again. You smile at V, wave, then start walking towards the subway entrance.

You exit and promptly head to the barbeque place. You grow more and more worried the closer you get. You run into the shop and see Jin in the corner, disoriented with several bottles of soju placed before him. Before he can pour another glass, you grab the bottle out of his hand.

“Jin…… Jin what’s wrong. This isn’t like you…..”

“Huh? OH you’re hereeeeeee, I’ve missed you chingoooooo.”

“Jin stop it. Snap out of it. Let’s get some water in you and get out of here.”

“Where are we goingggggggg?”

You roll your eyes, pay for the food and drinks Jin had, and dragged him out of the restaurant, embarrassed at his state. The two of you make your way over to a nearby playground and you sit him down at a bench. After running over to a local convenience store for water, you come back to Jin and make him drink the entire bottle.

You sit with him for an hour as he sobered up a little bit.

“Feeling any better now?”

“My head hurts a little bit…… but I think I’m okay.”

“Then what the hell was that back there, Jin. You’re not the kind of person to drink; underage nevertheless. What has happened to you.”

“Everything is just going wrong in my life. Everything I know… it’s crumbling away. I’m even losing you.”

“What? Jin I don’t get it what are you talking about.. I’m right here for you. Tell me what is wrong.”

“Well for starters V is back in my life, you’ve gone to him now, and my dad found a new girlfriend that treats me like crap.”

“....... Are you okay?”

“Do I LOOK okay? ….. I’m a mess right now. Usually I’d go to you to confine in. You always know what to say. But you’re always with V now. I don’t want anything to do with V, but it hurts knowing that it might mean losing you for good…..”

“I’m sorry, Jin. I tried not to like him. I knew that it would hurt you, but I was stupid. You know I didn’t mean to…….”

“It’s not just V though. _________. I…… I love you. I’ve always loved you. I never found the right time to tell you. I know you always just saw me as your best friend, but I saw you as more. I’ve never met anyone as caring, sweet, and genuine as you. I’ve known you for so long and you mean more to me than anything else in this world. When you started liking V, I saw you slipping away from me. I didn’t want to lose you.”

“Wait…. what? Jin… are you serious?”

“I’m not joking. I love you, _________. We’ve known each other for the longest time. We know each other’s pet peeves, desires, interests, hopes, and dreams. I don’t know what I’d do without you in my life.”

“I… I can’t believe what I’m hearing right now. I, I have to go Jin.”

You stand up to go, but feel Jin grab you and pull you back next to him. He hugs you and hold you tight.

“Don’t go, ________. Just stay with me like this for a little longer. Just for a little longer until you leave forever.”

You sigh and have no idea how to react. You loved Jin too, but not in the way that he loved you….. right? He’d been your best friend for so long and never really saw him as more than just that. But now that you thought about it, Jin knew you so well. He knew how to make you laugh, how to help you when you were down, and understood you like no other. He was your other half……. So how did you really feel about him then?