Hush # 6

Hush Baby

“He’s…he’s coming out Luhan!”

 

“W-what?! HOLY !”

 

Panic surged in Luhan’s veins as he stared wide-eyed at his wife, his pale skin turning a lighter shade. Various emotions crashed him that he could barely breathe. Never did he felt so nervous in his entire life—not even his first solo stage on their first concert with thousands of fans can equate to the pounding of his heart now.

 

Disconcerted eyes flew around the room as Luhan tried searching for something to alleviate the pain his wife is in. Bom had her eyes squeezed shut with her head thrashing to and fro from pain. Her face turned redder as she grabbed on Luhan’s hand like her life depended on it.

 

Chinese words and curses poured out from Luhan’s mouth, he felt helpless on the current situation. Agitated, he could on yell his panic. “Doctor…someone call the doctor! Now!”

 

“I will!”

 

Chaerin didn’t need to be asked twice. She almost scampered towards the door to call out the doctor when Bom spoke out despite her struggling voice.

 

“N-no need.” Bom’s heavy pants slowed down a little.

 

“What are you saying unnie?!” Minzy’s worried voice echoed inside the confinement.

 

Bom’s eyes fluttered open as a small smile crept in her lips despite the pain she is undergoing. Ignoring what the maknae said, she looked up at Luhan. A small giggle came out from her upon seeing the ridiculous shocked face of her husband.

 

“F-funny how the chorus of your Overdose song played in my head when you yelled ‘Someone call the doctor’.”

 

“SERIOUSLY?!” The three remaining 2NE1 members yelled their shock at what their eldest main vocalist said.

 

“GODDAMN IT PARK BOM!”

 

Luhan’s growling voice soon came next that had Bom wincing from it.

 

“How can you even talk about something like that when you are in pain?!” Frustrated, Luhan tried hard to control himself. “I’m ing serious now. Call the doctor Chaerin!”

 

“Can’t you stop being random in times like this Park Bom?!” Dara screeched as she looked at Bom worriedly.

 

Bom raised her hand to halt Chaerin who is walking towards the door now. “I said no! I-it’s just a false alarm.” Bom smiled sheepishly as all of their jaws dropped in shock.

 

“! You are driving me crazy! Don’t do that again! I almost died!” Luhan slumped his face on Bom’s hospital bed. Defeated.

 

A giggle left on Bom’s lips again. Seeing Luhan all worried about her somehow made the pain bearable. She wrapped her fingers on Luhan’s brown locks.

 

“Can’t help it!—OH GOSH!” All of a sudden, Bom’s face contorted again in pain as a wave of contraction hit her.

 

Luhan immediately lifted his head, perturbed at the shriek Bom let out.

 

“What is it?! What is it!? Where does it hurt?! Bom! Tell me!” Luhan asked. He held her hand that was once on his hair awhile ago. He really can’t stay in one place and watch his wife suffer.

 

“Yah oppa! Stop doing that! You are making all of us more nervous!” Minzy bit her lip as she watched on the side lines to give more space to her unnie.

 

“I-it is just a-another contraction!” Bom could only stutter the words as speaking started to become hard for her.

 

“Contraction?! Again?! It’s the second time! I need to call the doctor now!” Luhan grumbled.

 

“No! S-stop panicking Luhan and stay with me! It’s normal! I-I’m okay! AHH!” Bom whimpered in pain.

 

“Normal?! Okay?! You call that normal and okay?! What the !”

 

“STOP CURSING! OUR BABY CAN HEAR IT! OH GOSH!”

 

“You’re stressing her Luhan! Would you just stop being agitated?! Lower down your voice as well!” Dara finally intervened.

 

“S-sorry.” Luhan instantly became contrite after realizing his irrational move. “I’m just worried and nervous and helpless! I don’t even know what to do to help her! I read countless books regarding pregnancies and all but now that she is in front of me I go blank!”

 

Chaerin went near him and tapped him on the shoulder.

 

“You know what Bom unnie needs? You. Stay with her Luhan oppa. That’s the only thing that she needs.” Chaerin said and nodded towards an oblivious Bom whose eyes are slowly drooping down.

 

“So tiring.” Bom mumbled as sleepiness slowly crept in her.

 

“Just sleep baby. I’ll be right here beside you.” Luhan kissed her forehead and held her hand.

 

“Don’t leave.” Bom tried to reopen her eyes but unable to.

 

Luhan smiled. “I won’t.”

 

*~*

 

Hands clasped tightly together and arm over Bom's back for support, Luhan assisted his wife on walking around the hallway of the hospital for it is integral to the progress of her labour. The doctor advised Bom to walk around in order for the baby to be guided into her pelvic bone.

 

Some people awwed upon seeing the celebrity couple strolling inside the hospital premises. Thankfully no one dared to ask for an autograph though pictures were surely taken. Luhan didn’t mind though for he was busy tending his wife. She’s far more important than those pictures that will surely spread in the internet.

 

 He can see how she winces every step she take but was surprisingly silent. He kissed her flushed cheeks, "You can do it baby. I'm here, no need to tremble."

 

Bom raised her flushed cheeks and touched her tummy. “Do you think I’ll be a good mom to our son?”

 

Luhan’s hand wrapped tighter on her waist. He kissed her forehead. “Of course you will. There is no doubt.”

 

“Really?” Apprehension was present on her eyes.

 

“Yes because you are woman whose heart is gold and softer than a feather… Because I know firsthand how you shower me with your love and affection. Which I know our young one will receive tenfold.” Luhan replied.

 

Tears started collecting on her eyes. “Thank you.”

 

“Well I just hope your love and attention for me won’t lessen now that we are now three in the family.” Luhan pouted.

 

Bom giggled and pecked his lips. “I won’t. I will love you equally.”

 

Luhan grinned. “Just a peck? But I want more.”

 

“Shh Luhan! We are in public!” Bom looked around and saw few people looking at their way.

 

“So?” Luhan lifted his lips into a smirk.

 

Bom was about to reply when she got cut off by a wail near them. There they saw outside another delivery room a man who is probably the same age as Luhan slumped on the chair crying loudly. He was being comforted by a couple who is also crying with him but nothing can compare to the anguish that is heard on wails of the young man.

 

“I wonder what happened.” Luhan murmured.

 

As if Luhan’s question has been heard, not far from them stood a girl with a phone on hand, crying hard. “Unnie and her baby didn’t survive the C-section. Jihoon oppa is devastated.”

 

Fear crept on Bom’s heart at what she heard. She froze and touched her tummy. Luhan noticed the visible paleness of Bom so he decided to tug her away from the scene. He can't afford to stress her now that her transitional labor is near.

 

Before they entered the room Bom was assigned in, she looked up at Luhan with worry etched on her face. Grasping his hand, she spoke with a trembling voice “No matter what happens, don’t let me take the C-section. Promise me that huh? Luhan-ah!”

 

Luhan smiled and nodded at her. He just hopes that they will not be given that option when the time comes.

 

 

*~*

Hi! Here is the long awaited update! Forgive me my dear readers for vanishing for toooo long but the recent events in kpop made me lose my inspiration. One thing is for sure though, i'll try my hardest to finish this even before the year ends. Thank you for all the support!Hi! Here is the long awaited update! Forgive me my dear readers for vanishing for toooo long but the recent events in kpop made me lose my inspiration. One thing is for sure though, i'll try my hardest to finish this even before the year ends. Thank you for all the support!