Hush # 4

Hush Baby

Hush # 4

 

Luhan is panicking, like really panicking. His body is tense all over, his teeth sunk on his bottom lip and beads of sweat formed on his forehead despite the cold night wind. While waiting for a cab to pass, he slide his phone’s screen open and tapped Chaerin’s number. He got more anxious when the latter didn’t answer nor return back his call. The same thing happened when he tried calling Dara and Minzy’s phone. Adding to Luhan’s dismay, not a single cab had passed.

 

 

 

Ruffling his hair in frustration, he dragged his out and headed towards the train station. Thinking that since the time is already past bedtime and the amount of people would be less, he hastily bought his ticket and stealthily rode the train heading towards Beijing’s Capital Airport.

 

 

 

Well, big mistake.

 

 

 

The moment he stepped foot inside the train, a handful of people looked at him but he turned a blind eye on them for he was more focused on the current state of Bom’s pregnancy. He just settled on the slight comforting knowledge that he is donned on a pair of dark tinted sunglasses so as to conceal his identity as much as possible. But when he heard mumbles of his name, Luhan then started lowering his head everytime someone is staring way too long at his face.

 

 

 

He was not surprised that after a blink, he was swarmed with fangirls. He assumed wrong and he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him as they girls started tugging him left and right. He resisted but he didn’t put a whole force on it, afraid that it will be his breaking point in lashing out his frustrations. Instead, he continued hanging his head low and tried smiling at them just to appease their raging fangirl hearts. He was reprimanded by Soo Man with regards to that airport incident on which he didn’t give two s about but Bom cried and sulked the whole day when she learnt about it. She blamed herself for putting Luhan on hot water. After all she knew how Luhan loves this profession the same way she does. Seeing Bom getting stressed and sad about it Luhan decided to put more rein on his temper.

 

 

 

And now he was flustered both from the proximity of the girls and the irritation that the girls are slowly building up inside him for evading his personal space. Soon, a guard appeared beside him and distanced him away from his fangirls.

 

 

 

“Oppa!”

 

 

 

“Luhan oppa! Look up look up!”

 

 

 

“Yah oppa look up! Don’t let me force you!”

 

 

 

“Kyaaa you’re so handsome!”

 

 

 

“And cute upclose!”

 

 

 

“Look up oppa!”

 

 

 

“N-no, I’m shy.” Luhan kept on repeating the only safe sentence he could mutter and gave a shy smile at them. Although Luhan is getting more and more pissed by them, he still mustered a small yet genuine smile at them. After all, he appreciates each and every one of his fans—not on times like this though.

 

 

 

As soon as the train halted, Luhan bowed politely both at the fangirls and the guard before dashing towards the terminal.

 

 

 

Thankfully his manager hyung has a ticket prepared inside his passport, making his travel a tad easier for him—minus the time he had to wait before boarding the plane though. When he reached the immigration, Luhan hesitated on removing his shades when he was asked too. He knew he is stalling and the more he does, the more he lessens the chance of getting back at Korea on time. The officer is starting to get suspicious as her scowl deepens. Having no choice at all, he looked at left and right first before habut to remove his shades for identification purposes.

 

 

 

He breathed a sigh of relief when the immigrant officer acted his job as well as the guards that checked him. So far so good, no one recognizes him. He doesn’t want a repeat on what happened at the train awhile ago.

 

 

 

He took a seat and waited impatiently for him to board. His panic and worry kept on spreading for every tick of the clock that passes by. He stared frustratedly at his phone, waiting for news about his wife then back to the large screen that displays various boarding time.

 

 

 

“C’mon, c’mon.” Luhan muttered repeatedly while tapping his foot impatiently in the ground.

 

 

 

He dialled Dara’s number this time. Not expecting for it to be answered, Luhan slowly lowered it down. He was about to cut the line off when a familiar voice resonated from the other line.

 

 

 

“IT HURTS! AHHH!”

 

 

 

He stood straight as a ramrod and yelled Bom’s name in an instant, asking what is wrong and all sorts of question a worried husband asks.

 

 

 

“Luhan…w-where’s my husband Minkki-ah?”

 

“H-he’s coming unnie don’t worry.”

 

“Bommie baby I’m here! Luhan! Dara noona what the hell is happening to her?!” Luhan spoke loudly which gathered again the attention of the people around him.

 

 

 

“She’s having contractions again Lu Han! Where the are you now?! SHE NEEDS YOU HERE! PRONTO DENTE!” Dara yelled on the other line.

 

 

 

“I’m about to board the plane! Let me talk to her! Please noona!”

 

 

 

Without further ado, Dara gave Bom her phone.

 

 

 

“What the hell Dara?! I NEED LUHAN NOT A PHONE!”

 

 

 

“Bom? Bom are you alright?!” Luhan asked in panic.

 

 

 

“WHY THE HELL IS YOUR PHONE IMITATING MY HUSBAND’S VOICE SANDARA?! AND HOW DARE THIS DEVICE ASK THAT QUESTION! OF COURSE I’M NOT ALRIGHT YOU STUPID PHONE! TRY HAVING CONTRACTIONS AND YOU’LL KNOW!”

 

 

 

“YAH PARK BOM! YOU PABO LUHAN’S ON THE OTHER LINE! NO ONE’S IMITATING WHO! AND DON’T YOU DARE ATTEMPT TO THROW MY PHONE OR YOUR BABY WILL COME OUT EARLY I SWEAR!”  Dara yelled at Bom and grabbed her S4 lovingly.

 

 

 

“LUHAN!? OH MY GOSH! HE’S IN THERE?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! HE SHRUNK!? OH MY GOSH!”

 

 

 

Luhan could only face-palmed himself at the randomness of his wife. Even on times like this, she still  manages to be 8D.

 

 

 

“Oh gosh I’m going crazy with these two ahjummas.” Minzy mumbled.

 

 

 

“Just give the ing phone to her again Dara unnie! Just hold it so she can’t throw it.” Chaerin snapped.

 

 

 

“Bom honey?” Luhan asked but was taken aback by the sudden seriousness and sadness on Bom’s voice when she spoke again.

 

 

 

“I thought you’ll be here with me for this day Luhan? B-but where are you? You promised me…”

 

 

 

He clutched his phone tighter. “Yes Bom I’ll be there. I’m on my way now. In fact I’ll be boarding the plane now. I’ll keep that promise Bom. I will be in there okay? Please believe in me on this?”

 

 

 

There was a long pause before a sniff was heard on the other line.

 

 

 

“O-okay…”

 

 

 

“Thank you baby. Now I just want you to hold on and stay strong for yourself, for the baby and for me okay? You’ll be alright. I’ll be there in a jiffy.”

 

 

 

“A-are you sure? You w-won’t fail me?” Bom asked like a kid.

 

 

 

“100% sure. 100% never.”

 

 

 

“I love you Lu.” Luhan’s heart swelled at the unexpected declaration of her love. He grinned widely.

 

 

 

“ I love you too Bommie, through and through. Remember that.”

 

 

 

As soon as it was announced that the gates are now open, Luhan rushed towards the terminal, clutching his phone tightly. Throughout the whole duration of the 1 hour and 45 minutes flight, Luhan fidgeted uneasily. He continuously shifted his attention to other things but the uneasiness welled up more. After half an hour after the plane landed, Luhan took a cab towards Seoul General Hospital. Arriving in there haggard and all with nothing but a white shirt, their school uniform costume slacks, his phone, his wallet and his passport. He ran towards the information center to ask for Bom. When the nurse recognized who he is, her eyes became starry-eyed in an instant. Before she could squeal in delight, Luhan popped out his question dismaying the lady.

 

 

“Ms. Park—“

“Lu. Continue.” Luhan cut off whilst staring on an empty space, trying to catch his breath.

 

 

The lady rolled her eyes.

“Mrs. Lu is now resting at the room 802.”

 

 

“Thanks.” Luhan mumbled and was about to skid off when he a thought suddenly formed in his mind. A sudden cold feeling enveloped his chest.

 

 

“W-wait. Room 802 you say?”

“Yes. Uhm Luhan oppa can I ask for your—“

“But shouldn’t she be in the delivery room?”

 

 

“Ah, an hour ago she went in there and now she’s resting. Can I ask for—“

 

 

A sudden feeling of dread filled Luhan’s senses.

It couldn’t be…

 

 

He rushed towards the elevator, leaving a frustrated nurse at the information center.

 

 

Luhan sprinted off towards Bom’s room. He paled when she saw her staring at the white space in front of her with tears cascading from her eyes. The urge to step up and wipe it off bested him. He opened her room and was prepared to enter it when a nurse passed by with a baby on a cot, all donned on blues from his tiny head to toe. He glanced at the tag hanging around the baby’s feet, his eyes widened for it read the same name he and Bom decided to give their baby boy ‘Lee’.

 

 

When he lifted his still shocked eyes to meet Bom’s blank gaze, realization finally hit him.

 

 

He’s late.

Too late.

 

 

*~*

I appreciate each of your condoling messages to me and to my family. If it's not too much to ask, I hope you can add my grandpa's soul to your prayers if you may. Anyway now that I'm over with the grieving state, I'm back now to update. Here's one for you. Thanks to all the comments, subbies and votes dearlings. 。◕‿◕。

PS: The train scene on this chapter actually happened to Luhan recently. A day ago I think? Here's the video of it. As much as I ravel on the closeness of Luhan's handsome face, I pity him, he's really uncfomy on that.