Hush # 3

Hush Baby

“10 minutes rest boys!”

 

The whole EXO sighed in relief as they slumped on the stage floor. They are currently rehearsing for their concert tomorrow at the National Stadium in Beijing, China and they are all tired as a dog. Who wouldn’t be? Yesterday, they were up till dawn from filming a CF for a Chinese chocolate brand and now they are practicing vigorously for their show the next day.

 

It is now their third month in their word tour. A month had also passed since Luhan last went home in their villa at Gangnam. Saying he misses his wife terribly is an understatement. He tried sneaking away from China to Korea countless times but their managers held his passport back. They can’t afford to allow Luhan for aside from they will be fired, EXO’s schedule for the whole month is packed with back to back activities in China.

 

Luhan slung his forearm over his eyes as he even out his breathing. He felt someone lied down beside him.

 

“Hyung, hyung, let’s get bubble tea after this.”

 

No need to wonder who asked it is. Only one EXO member is addicted to bubble tea and it’s none other than the maknae Sehun.

 

Luhan didn’t reply even after the younger one used his thighs as a pillow and nudged him repeatedly. He’s too tired to speak and even move. But what made jerked him to move was when he heard Bom’s singing voice playing not far from him.

 

He pushed Sehun aside as he scrambled towards his backpack where his phone is located and fiddled to answer it. He was just preparing to open his mouth when his wife beat him to it.

 

“LUUUUHAAAAAAANIEEEEEEEE~”

 

Luhan winced as he heard Bom's booming voice on the other line. He pulled the phone an inch away from his ears. Though it is refreshing to hear again the voice he missed terribly, the fact that her high pitch on the other line is ear deafening will never change.

 

"Yes baby? Is everything okay?" Luhan flopped back down on the stage and stretched his legs.

 

"No! Nothing’s okay when you’re not here! Please come back home hun! Please? I miss you! I really miss you! Our baby kept on searching for his father! He kept on moving to and fro and only you can calm him down!" Bom cried out, a sob following after her outburst.

 

He sighed upon hearing his wife's sobs on the other line.

 

"I'll be home soon baby, please--"

 

"HOME SOON?! When will that ing home soon will be?! I WANT YOU! NOW!"

 

Luhan exhaled a frustrated sigh, pregnant woman and their hormones.

 

“Bommie your wordings, watch it.”

 

Bom doesn't curse, it's a rare sound to hear yet this time she let her hormones take over again.

 

"I don’t care! I just really want you now Luhan! I need you! Please come home! Now!"

 

"I can't baby. If only I can I already did that."

 

"You really can't?" Luhan pressed his two fingers on his temple and massaged it. He could imagine Bom’s teary face at the moment.

 

"Yes, you understand right?"

 

"LIKE HELL I WOULD! I hate you! You don't love me!"

 

"Bom--." His wife just ended the call but after a minute it rung again.

 

“Hello?” He spoke first when silence met his ears.

 

“Luhan… I'm sorry for yelling at you and acting like a brat. I should have controlled my hormones more. I’m sorry. You know that I’m not normally like this right? Please be patient for me. Just a few more weeks you know.”

 

Luhan breathed out a smile.

 

"You know I will always be patient for you Bommie. I understand everything, it's just the hormones talking. Now stop crying."

 

She sniffed and mumbled a cute ‘Okay’.

 

“Lulu…” Bom started speaking again.

 

“Yes?” Luhan stood up now and was stretching his body for another set of dance practices.

 

“Will you keep your promise? Will….will you really be there when our baby comes out?”

 

“Of course I will Bom. Why do you ask?”

 

“Nothing. I..I just hope you will really be there. They say it’s painful. I don’t know what to expect on the day of our baby’s birth. I might panic; I might not be able to push our baby out fully. Luhan i-it’s my first time giving birth and I’m shaking from nervousness, even now. T-that’s why I…I need you in there to uhm help me s-survive it… please?”

 

“Bommie baby, you don’t need to ask. I will do that wholeheartedly. Besides, it’s my responsibility as a husband and a father now isn’t it?” Luhan smiled. Damn, how bad he misses his woman now.

 

Silence came again…unti Bom broke it yet again.

 

"But I really do want you Luhan." Bom's voice became an octave lower.

 

At first Luhan didn’t get it but as soon as he realized it, his eyes widened.

 

"Jeez Bommie, stop doing that. You'll be giving me blue balls tonight." Luhan shifted uncomfortably.

 

Bom gasped slightly.

 

"Oh gosh I'm sorry again. Are you angry now at me? I'm really sorry for being a sassy --"

 

And now ladies and gentlemen, his wife started the waterworks again.

 

That happened last night.

 

Now it was EXO's Solo Concert and all the members are at their dressing room, prepping up for their next stage. While the others are busy fixing their own clothes and make up, Lu Han however kept on peering at his phone from time to time.

 

For some reasons, he felt uncomfortable and he hates that he doesn't have a clue on why.

 

It doesn't help that his wife is neither texting nor calling him. He wanted to call her to check on her but he can't, afraid that he might disturb the mandatory rest she needed.

 

Not a single 'good luck' text was sent to him from the moment their show started up to now. He thinks that maybe she is mad at him. Why? Just because. It’s the hormones talking again he presumed.

 

Somehow it made him sad but he didn't let it affect him. After all he is a professional idol and he didn't let work mingle with his personal affairs.

 

His phone rung and he answered it in a flash, hopes of his wife calling him was his one and only wish at that moment that he didn't bother to check who the caller is.

 

Yet a shriller voice that marveled his wife greeted his ears.

 

"LUHAAAAAAN!"

 

Sandara Park’s voice boomed on the other line. 

 


"The heck noona! What is it?!" Luhan gulped the bottle of water that is given to him by the coordi noona. 



"Bommie! Bom is!"
 

 

Luhan instantly halted in drinking his water.


"Calm down noona! What is with my wife?" Luhan asked as the coordi noona kept on wiping the sweat off his face and on his back. 
 

“Bommieisinthehospitalsheishavingcontractions”


Luhan furrowed his brows when he couldn't understand a thing that Dara said. All he heard was her panting breath and shrieks.
 


"Calm down noona okay?! I can't hear you properly! And please say it directly because in 5 minutes we'll be back in stage again" Luhan groaned.

 

He heard Dara inhaled a large amount of oxygen before yelling out.
 


"BOMMIE IS IN THE HOSPITAL! SHEIS HAVING CONTRACTIONS!”



Luhan almost dropped his phone.

 

“W-what?”

 

“I SAID SHE IS IN THE ING HOSPITAL! AND—OH MY GOSH! MINZY CALL THE DOCTOR! PPALI!”

 

“Why?! Why?! What happened?” Luhan panicked when Dara started screaming and Chaerin trying to calm her down.  He paled when he heard Bom’s heavy breathes on the other line.

 

“Calm down Dara unnie! You’re stressing unnie more with your quacks!”

 

“AHHH! IT HURTS! LUHAN! WHERE THE HELL IS LUHAN?! SOMEBODY CALL MY HUSBAND PLEASE!”

 

“We will Bom unnie just calm down..Yah Dara unnie stop pacing back and forth! You’re worst than the one in pain!”

 

Unable to contain it to himself, Luhan yelled in the phone which made all EXO members and their staffs to look at him.

 

“CHAERIN?! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO MY WIFE?!”

 

CL instantly replied.

 

“Her water broke! And she will be in labour soon! You need to come in here now! She said awhile ago that she will prolong her labour until you come!”

 

Luhan cursed and cornered one of their managers. His eyes were full of panic and alarm, his body all tense.

 

“Hyung you heard our conversation awhile ago! I ing need my passport now! Please give it!”

 

“I understand. Take care Luhan, you might as well change your clothes. You don’t want your newborn to acquire your sweat.”  The manager handed him his passport and his wallet. Luhan grabbed it together with a clean shirt before rushing towards the exit still on his concert clothes.



"Yah Luhan hyung!" Sehun called out  at Luhan as well as the other members but Luhan had already slammed the door closed.
 


"Let him be, it's an emergency. Chaerin just texted me, Bom noona is on labor." Kris nonchalantly replied.

 

“WHAT?!” All of the members exclaimed.



"How can you look so calm about it?!" Chanyeol exclaimed like he is the father and kept on panicking.

 

“What do we do now that Luhan hyung is gone?” D.O bit his lip in wonder.

 

“We’ll just explain it to our fans. I’m sure they can understand. For the time being, let’s divide his parts to each and every one of us to cover him up. For now, let's move Kai, Sehun and Lay's battle first."  Suho decided on which everyone agreed. The three dancing machines prepped up for a minute before heading on the stage.

 

"Let's pray for Bom noona and the baby to be okay." Baekhyun worriedly said.

 

"As well as for Luhan to arrive on time for if he didn't make it on time, Bom will definitely be brokenhearted." Xiumin shook his head.

 

*~*

Will Luhan arrive on time? Hmm I wonder~

Thanks for the comments and subbies! Forgive me for this crappy update tho O(≧▽≦)O