Hush # 2

Hush Baby

 

The moment Luhan turned his back and started walking inside the airport, Bom felt a kick on her belly.

 

For a second, her hands stilled at her belly to confirm whether it’s real or just plain imagination. Yet when Luhan disappeared from Bom’s line of sight, another kick resurfaced.

 

A small gasp escaped from her lips. It’s the first time their baby showed his presence at her. Yes she could feel the baby’s small movements around her stomach but to kick?

 

It’s the first. Bom’s eyes teared up from the happiness.

 

Their baby feels her eomma, he doesn’t want his appa to go as well and he sensed the panic brewing in her chest when Luhan had completely entered the airport. Dazed, Bom started running after Luhan, he must know it! It’s the first time!

 

Park Bom hates running for she thinks it is hard yet it became harder for her to run now that she is carrying two weights. It isn’t advisable for her to run now that she is 6 months pregnant but the thought of seeing Luhan’s joy upon knowing what conspired awhile ago is enough to make her soar in happiness as well. She might be doing a risky thing but she still managed to be cautious in running, she cared for her baby as well you know—more than her life.

 

She expected to see a massive crowd trailing behind EXO but she didn’t expect for it to be that huge and chaotic. Gulping, she tried to spot anyone from EXO. She only spotted Kris with his tall height as well as Chanyeol but both of them are too far from her reach. Since she knew it’s impossible to reach them, she chose to settle in approaching EXO’s managers or their crew for she knew they could help her in reaching Luhan faster.

 

Yet given with the buzzing crowd? She can’t even make a proper step towards them without getting bumped and pulled. Suddenly Bom held her head. She felt dizzy. Breathing is becoming hard with the crowd squishing together , both her feet and back aches simultaneously as well.

 

However Bom does not give up. She might ache all over but she is keen on finding her husband. Never mind if he will scold her later, she wants to tell him the news personally. For a first time parent, it’s very special for her, for him, for them.

 

“Hold on little one, we’ll find your appa soon and you’ll show him how great your kick hm?” Bom mumbled while rubbing her belly. She felt a soft kick on her side which made her giggle, the ache she is feeling all over ebbed away.

 

She inhaled hard despite what she is feeling and dodged everyone from her way. She managed to close in on EXO’s line. Her eyes widened when she spotted Luhan’s bright brown hair not far from where she is standing.

 

“LUHAAAAAAN!” She yelled in hopes of him recognizing her voice but she was again shoved away by the hyped and possessive fans making her lose sight of him.

 

“Yah! Get away!”

“Move away!”

 

She winced for every push and pull she received but it paid off when she finally reached EXO’s now distorted line. She spotted Chen at the last of the line and found Luhan a few meters away from him. She moved again and was that close to Luhan but the guards shoved her. It didn’t help that her face was hit by large cameras and their flashes and the next thing she knew, she was sprawled in the ground wincing from the pain.

 

“Hul this is what you get for letting your hormones run over your head Bommie.” She scolded herself while helping herself to sit up.

 

“Hey it’s Park Bom!”

 

Bom’s eyes widened when someone shouted her name. She then noticed that a good number of fans are already eyeing her. She’s suspecting that majority of them are Lu Han stans based from the shirts and the banners they are holding.

 

“Isn’t she a member of 2NE1? Hah. Does that group even exist?”

 

“She’s the plastic surgery freak oppa married?”

 

“Eww sooo fat. I thought Luhan oppa likes someone y?”

 

“Why did oppa even chose her?! It should be Seohyun or Chorong! Better yet Victoria or even Krystal! She’s already an old hag for Pete’s sake! Their is blech

 

“Or Dara!”

 

“She’s Chanyeol’s .”

 

“Idiots! It should be me or us instead of her or the girls you’re mentioning! Luhan oppa is ours!”

 

Then the girls agreed while throwing hateful glances and comments at Bom.

 

Her heart clenched for every word they threw at her. A pregnant woman is sensitive and they agitated her. Her eyes started to pool with tears even if she doesn’t want to cry in front of them. If it’s some other time she’ll probably let out her beast but with her heart being unstable because Luhan will leave her for some time? She became more sensitive than ever. She wanted to fight back, but she could only scream her defence on her mind.

 

I’m not a freak! I’m not fat! 2NE1 exists forever! Our is nothing! Luhan loves me more than those girls!

 

“YAH! That’s Luhan oppa’s wife! How could you do that to her?!” Some level-headed fans screamed at them but the saesang ones sneered and started ing at them.

 

Some people began taking shots of Bom’s poor state not knowing the fact of her sensitive eyes. Bom cried more. She’s now regretting every action she did.

 

“YAH! BOMMIE!”

 

 

All of 2NE1 members’ eyes widened when they saw their group member and their beloved sister sprawled in the ground and being taunted by the fans.

 

 

 

“UNNIE! YAH LAY OFF YOU ES! HOW COULD YOU!?” Chaerin grabbed one of her heels then slammed it on one of the camera’s lens around them.

 

 

“Her eyes are sensitive you idiots! You think EXO will like this huh?! Huh?! They will despise you more! GO AWAY!” Dara screeched as she too helped in slamming the cameras and warding the fans away from Bom.

 

 

“Unnie! Are you okay?!” Minzy panickly asked upon seeing Bom crying non-stop, her whole face gone red because of it. She could only hug her unnie who is sobbing continuously and holding her belly.

 

 

Chen who happened to be at the last of the line saw a commotion not far from them. Curious, he turned his head around and spotted something familiar.  It is Bom’s brown mane—the same shade like his Luhan hyung. He then saw next the other 2NE1 members screaming. He knew it’s something big for they will not risk their image for nothing. He rushed towards Luhan who suddenly stopped even if he is not calling his name yet. He noticed that his brows are furrowed, maybe he could sense the distress of his wife.

 

When Chen started mentioning Bom’s name, Luhan had already dashed away from him.

 

He swore he saw red the moment his line of vision stopped on a familiar figure. The sight made his blood boil and his veins popped out. He stood frozen for a minute, shocked at the sight before pushing his legs to work again.

 

His wife… is slumped on the ground, face red with tears and clutching her protruding tummy.

 

“Why the hell is my wife crying?” Luhan’s tone is icy cold and radiating with anger as he gingerly walked towards his wife. The people around him gasped when they saw him. They immediately steered away in fear and let the latter pass.

 

He kneeled beside her and grabbed her from Minzy. Without taking his glaring gaze away from the crowd, Luhan kissed the crown of Bom’s head.

 

Upon noticing the familiar scent and warmth only his husband can emit, Bom raised her head and saw Luhan’s profile.

 

“L-luhan?…Luhan….” Bom clutched his shirt as her body shook heavily from her cries. When Bom encased him in her arms tightly and buried her face on his chest, he knew she is very distressed.

 

He seethed more in anger. He directed his gaze again in the crowd.

 

“Who put her in this state? Answer me.” He glared at everyone in the airport. Everybody stilled and no one dared to speak, only Bom’s cries could be heard.

 

“I said who?!” Luhan almost snarled.

 

“I don’t know who exactly they are but one’s thing for sure, it’s those crazy fans of yours! They even flashed her with cameras! How many times should I tell you that the woman’s eyes are sensitive!” Dara broke the silence and growled.

 

“Can’t they even see that unnie is pregnant?! Are you that desperate?!” Minzy gritted out which made the whole airport gasp.

 

“Oh god these people! I know Bom noona’s still y even if she is preggy but her baby bump is already obvious! C’mon!” Baekhyun remarked in an exasperated tone.

 

Chaerin smirked. “No matter what you do, by the end of the day, Luhan will still go back at home to Bom and neither we are.” She linked her arms on Kris’ arms who is now standing beside them.

 

One brave fan spoke out from the crowd.

 

“O-oppa those fangirls of yours in the front taunted Bom unnie and threw malicious words at her!”

 

“Who?” Luhan asked again.

 

“Them!” Another fan pointed out at the group of the now guilty fans. Some of them started to sneak away but other real fans prevented them from doing so.

 

Luhan glared at them and they all gulped.

 

“What did you say to her?”

 

When no one replied, Luhan’s anger flared a thousand fold. He was about to lash out when Bom shook her head vigorously.

 

“N-no, d-don’t make them repeat it again..I-it hurts to hear it.” Bom cried out.

 

Luhan peered down at her wife’s crying face, his hard gaze softened in an instant. He moved away the stray hair strands away from her face. With his thumb, he raised her face unto him and wiped those tears.

 

“Shh baby I’m now here. Stop crying now.”

 

Another batch of tears fell from Bom’s eyes when their gazes met. Hers are full of contrition and guilt whilst Luhan’s are full of suppressed rage.

 

“I-I’m sorry…I’m very sorry…I should have listened but..but..I-I just want to bring you the news personally…I’m sorry Luhan.” Bom mumbled her apologies over and over again making Luhan’s heart clench more.

 

“Shh you’re forgiven now.” Luhan mumbled at Bom who only sobbed in return.                   

 

“N-no! I disobeyed you again..but…but our baby…he kicked! He kicked Luhan! T-that’s why I’m that keen on finding—“

 

“WHAT?!” Luhan shouted in surprise, his face broke in a full grin.

 

“Really?! Lemme feel!” He then placed his face on Bom’s tummy.

 

He waited for a minute, even calling out the baby but he didn’t feel anything.

 

“But I can’t—oh!” A small kick was felt on his cheek. He felt that their baby was caressing his face and he couldn’t get happier than that. The feeling of a father is undescribable.

 

“Bommie…it’s…it’s overwhelming.” Luhan smiled widely, Bom teared up.

 

But when he returned his gaze at the crowd, his scowl returned.

 

“My wife is 6-ing-months pregnant. She’s not allowed to be stressed like this and sorts. Yet what did you do? Taunt her? You think I’ll be happy with all of these? You think the whole EXO will? I might not know what you said exactly to her but I know it is grave for her to be in this state. I swear if something bad happens to my son, you’ll never see me on stage again.”

 

Luhan didn’t care if he cursed or if he gave a threat. If it’s the only way for this craziness to stop then he’ll be more than willing to give up his career for his family.

 

Gasps and cries were heard from the crowd. The fans started tearing up, begging for forgiveness but Luhan only gave them a blank gaze.

 

Bom raised her head and look at Luhan with surprise.

 

“Y-you’ll d-do that?” She asked with her eyes widening.

 

Luhan gave her a faint smile. “For you baby I will.”

 

Bom shook her head vigorously. “Don’t Luhan. Don’t do it. I don’t want to destroy your dreams! B-besides…besides our baby is perfectly fine.”

 

“I know baby, I know.” Luhan then brought Bom up.

 

“W-where are you bringing me?” Bom asked in surprise.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Luhan where are you going? The plane is about to take off now! Let’s go!” One of the manager’s yelled at Luhan.

 

“Home. I’ll be leaving for tomorrow.” He said with finality.

 

“What?! Are you insane?! You had a press conference tomorrow morning! You need to rest before going in it or you’ll tire yourself out!” Their manager spoke again.

 

“I don’t care. My family comes first. I promise I’ll be on time and I’ll be fine. Don’t worry gege.” Luhan bowed.

 

“But—“

 

“Don’t worry hyung. I got this. I’ll stay behind and will ensure to make Luhan come on time tomorrow morning.” Another manager of them called out.

 

“Thanks ge. See ya.” Luhan smiled then started walking towards the airports exit with Bom still in his arms.