Chapter 5

Silencio Bella

Silencio Bella

Electricity

 


“You look , Luhan. What happened to you?” Tia boredly comments and Luhan massages his temple to ease away his headache. The noise in the café didn’t help him at all and it even caused a greater headache than normal. He bitterly glares at Tia who responded with an anticipating answer from him.

“Alcohol,” he curtly replies and Tia clicks her tongue in disapproval and Luhan holds himself from killing the woman in front of her. Like electricity, his head twists in pain and Luhan groaned in the pain as he rests his elbows on the table and grips his hair, nearly throwing off the mug of coffee from the table.

Tia kindly takes the mug away from him and searches her purse. When she found what she was looking for, she took out a small packet of medicine and places it in front of Luhan, in which the latter looked at her in confusion. She smiled a bit and pushes the half-drank coffee to Luhan.

“Medicine. I knew you were going to be like this when I talked to you on the phone. The problem was that whether you have taken some hangover soup or medicine,” she pauses, and then smirks, “but I guess luck was on my side and I saw you suffering from an awesome hangover. Don’t you think so?”

Luhan glowers at her and Tia lightly chuckles at his reaction.

“Kidding. You’re too uptight, Luhan.”

Luhan sighs in frustration and shakes his head in dismissal of the conversation. He takes the packet of medicine and carelessly plops it into his mouth and bitterly drank his coffee, before letting out another sigh of relief. They bathe into a stiff silence and while Tia quietly sips her latte, Luhan patiently waits for the medicine to kick in and gets rid of his painful headache.

After a few minutes, Tia spoke, “Do you know the reason why I called you here?”

Luhan didn’t bother to look at her and just stared outside, but he sensed that something is wrong. When he got the call a few hours ago, he knew that something is up and he got a bad feeling about whatever Tia called him for. Nevertheless, he still came, but due to being in a hurry, he forgot to drink some aspirin to relieve his headache or eat some hangover soup.

Silence settles on them once again and Luhan wonders what the latter is going to say, yet he is concerned by the unusual pounding of his heart. It seems that it is warning him from something and Luhan can’t shake away the feeling of it at all.

Tia silently watches Luhan’s troubled expression and sadly gazes at the man in front of him. Her heart ache for him and she wishes she could be of help somehow. Just by looking at his eyes, Tia could see the unfading hope and weariness that dwells in Luhan’s eyes and somehow, it made her guilty above all else.

“You do know that I’m his sister, right?”

Luhan sharply turns his gaze at her, caught in surprise. Tia expected his reactions and she continues to play in fate’s chessboard. Luhan could feel the air caught up in his throat, heart almost stopping. Why did she bring it up now? What’s her purpose? His heart beat in frantic fear and as much as he wants to stop her, his lips—the words were different from what he had to say.

“What are you saying?”

“Ah, no. I should rephrase it. It sounds wrong. I’m his half-sister, as I would like to put it.”

She stares back with calm and unfazed eyes, yet that one emotion that dwells in the depth of her eyes was evident no matter what, but the words she spoke were strong, yet simple that it caused an unexpected error in Luhan’s heart.

“I called you here, because of Sehun.”

[Minseok’s POV]

“Due to his broken ribs, I recommend that you shouldn’t speak to him for awhile.”

“But aren’t his ribs fine now? It’s been 3 years and the CT scan proves that his ribs are fine,” I replied with confusion. I don’t get what the doctor is saying. I can’t speak to him? What does he mean by that? It seems that the doctor noticed my distress and offers an explanation to ease my confusion.

“Yes, you’re right. His ribs are fine, but due to the inflicted wound that it caused to the lungs and by his recent hysterics. His lungs had suffered in a ‘terrible lost of air’.”

And just by those words, the doctor left a painful pat on my shoulder and sad smile. The door clicks shut and I feel my legs giving in and I drop to the floor carelessly and tears unknowingly left my eyes. Choked sobs were stuck on my throat and the painful extraction of pain spreads in my heart like wildfire, breaking me once again.

Panic and anxiety twists my mind as questions piled up one after another. Losing his legs, eye, heart and life and even voice? What will his reaction would be? When will things be normal? What do I do? The guilt is too much to bear that I can’t even describe what is what anymore.

Whose fault is it?

Fault? Whose…wasn’t it I? Yes, it’s me. I was the one responsible for this. I was the cause of this tragedy, a fatal mistake on the account of the recipe. What should I do? Do I have to tell him?

Of course. He deserves to hear ever single truth from your lips.

He has every right to know. I…yes, he deserves to know. How will I determine if he wanted me to leave? Words were my sign and if he can’t speak, what would be my signs? I can’t see him in pain anymore. No, no more. What shall I do?

Countless of questions pile up and I could no longer answer them and I resigned to a pitiful guilt of mine. Tears were lost and I dazedly look up at the bed. Feeling the urge to look at his face, I shakily stood up and barely walked my way to his bed. Once I got there, I looked at the sleeping figure who had a blissful face. It almost makes me want to smile.

Reaching out my hand, I tried to touch his face, but flashbacks of the past come in view and I stop midway. I couldn’t touch him. It’s not that I couldn’t…it’s just that I can’t. I don’t deserve that much. But the urge to feel his warmth destroys any possible obstruction that prevents me from touching him. Reaching out once again, I slowly traced his face ‘till I reach the bandage that has been covering his eye.

Thinking about his agony back then when he received the news, it was…horrible. He kept breaking things, shouting and wailing in agony. I thought he was going insane and I had to take measure not to let him fall into insanity’s grip. I was the decoy of his insanity after all and I had to take it all back from him.

Closing my eyes, I pulled my hand back and sat on the chair beside the bed. Resting my head on the bed, I took his hand, feeling its coldness rather its warmth and I knew his nightmare had begun once again. I quietly apologize for everything, kissing the back of his hand and mutter my apology over and over again that it hopefully reaches the old Jongdae and not this one.

 

I am the murderer and he's the victim.

[End of Minseok’s POV]

“Hey, hey, did you hear the news?”

“News?”

“Yeah! It’s about a new doctor being stationed here. I heard he’s handsome!” a nurse squealed in delight and the other two joined in. Feeling the need to stop the ruckus being made, Luhan stepped out from his hiding place and sternly glared at the giggling nurses who abruptly stopped and quickly scurries off.

“With that pretty face of yours, I wonder what’s the trick in which you could not only make them fall for you, but scare them off as well?” a voice says with light amusement and Luhan glares at the doctor who had taken the space beside him.

“I’m not in the mood of your games, Dr. Daehyun. You could go somewhere else with your screw up jokes,” he chides and Daehyun just ruffles his hair in return. Feeling annoyed, Luhan swats his hand away and Daehyun places his hand back in the pocket of his lab coat. Silence settled on them and they watch the daily cast of play in the hospital. 

“Heard about the new doctor?” Daehyun brings up the topic that the nurses were gossiping about and Luhan feels irritated by the news that he had faced since the moment he had stepped in the hospital grounds. Nurses and doctors were talking about it and wherever Luhan went, the news would be there. Feeling sick of hearing it, Luhan had just gone with the flow to get in with the details that everyone on the hospital seems to be so excited about.

“Yeah. The nurses and doctors were talking about it as if there’s a celebrity coming. Geez, this is a hospital. They should know that they should keep quiet, but wherever I go, it’s the same noise I hear,” Luhan replies in irritation and Daehyun smirk slightly.

“Have you ever thought that it would Sehun?”

Silence befell on them. Stiff and tense. Daehyun knew he had brought up a sensitive topic, but he would just like to see the reaction if ever the doctor was Sehun. He could see Luhan’s body tremble a bit and he decides to play a bit more.

“The news weren’t made clear. CEO Han declared only that there would be a male doctor being stationed here and nothing else was spoken. What do you think?” Daehyun knew he was playing with fire, but it doesn’t hurt to try to touch it sometimes. For some reason, Daehyun thinks he heard a chuckle. A deep, hollow and blank chuckle of amusement.

“No.”

“Huh?”

“He…he can’t be a doctor. For the years I’ve been with him…he can’t be. He had a reason and his dream was to be a Neuroscientist. He can’t be a doctor. That is out of the question. If he ever did choose that, he is insane,” Luhan responds with a tremble in his voice. His curls his hands into fists, shaking and he lets out a retrained sigh before turning his heels away and leaves.

Daehyun blankly stares at his retreating form and sighs in frustration, ruffling his hair in distress.

“The chessboard is in a mess.”

“Baekhyun? Baekhyun?”

“Huh?” Baekhyun looks up from his notebook and saw his mother’s worried expression. He awkwardly smiles and Mrs. Wu worriedly looks at her son’s unusual self.

“Are you okay?” she asks, concern evident in his voice and Baekhyun’s eyes soften. He made her worried again. It’s been recently that he had been dazed and not in his usual self and had caused some problems along the way. This was one of it.

He smiles at her and nods his head. “I’m fine, mom. Don’t worry about me.”

Baekhyun knew his mother could have questioned him again and again, but she didn’t. Instead she smiles at him and nods her head, as if she understood from his words that this is something that he could only resolve on his own. Mrs. Wu pats his head and takes her leave.

Baekhyun feels slightly guilty for pushing her away, but it was for the best. He stood up from his seat and plops himself in his bed and buries his face on his pillow, nearly suffocating himself. With a troubled expression, he recalls his conversation with Kris.

“Is it about him?”

Bringing him up was the last thing he ever wanted to happen. And when it did, he couldn’t control the bottled emotions that dwell in him. He didn’t know that it would shake him up that much. That he would be like this.

Closing his eyes, Baekhyun buries his face on his pillow again and silently mutters.

“Where are you?”


So...it's quite short. Yeah. Notice something, perhaps?

I'm into pyschological, thriller and AU genres for now...so forgive me if I somehow interlocked the genres in this one. I've been revising DIP and it's pretty much....weird?

Comments are love! <3

XOXO