Chapter 3

Roses (A Lee Sung Min Love Story)

The next day was one that I was dreading. The first day at my new school. I didn’t like the fact of being the new girl –being the base of all jokes. However, I had to deal with it one way or another! When I arrived at school not many people gave me a second look. I reached the front door and took a deep breath. I had to be strong today and make a good start! I pushed the door open and walked in. I continued to walk forward before someone ran into me. “Oh! I’m sorry!!”Then the guy paused and looked at me. “Y-you’re the new girl, right?”I nodded shyly. “Hey!”he said happily, putting his arm round me. “I’m Han Kyung!”I smiled. “So, Your name is…”he paused for me to fill in the blanks. “Choon-He.”I answered, simply. “Beautiful!”“Thanks.”

 

Han Kyung promised to take care of me that day. He showed me around the school, introduced me to people, sat with me in class. Actually, I was so thankful to meet someone as kind as him. It was nice to know there were nice people like him in the world! However, My next and final lesson was not one where I was with Han Kyung. Science. But I didn’t really feel nervous or lonely this time. Han Kyung’s kindness had really boosted my confidence. I walked into the classroom with a smile on my face. “Ah. You must be Kang Choon-He.”Said the teacher noticing my presence. I nodded and bowed before her, still smiling cheerfully. “Great!”the teacher exclaimed. “You can sit…”she paused and looked around the class room. “Ah! You can sit over there, at the back.”She pointed to a desk with one boy sitting at it. It seemed to be the only spare seat available. I did as she asked and made my way to the back of the room.

 

As I approached I attached my eyes to the mysterious looking boy I was to be sitting next to. His eyes were dark and I could hardly see them under his long hair which was coloured a dark yellow-brown color. Obviously not his natural looks. I reached the back and coughed a little to get his attention. “Hello! My name’s Kang Choon-He. Please take care of me!”I stood there and waited for a similar reply. But nothing! After what seemed to me as ages he lifted his head. After glazing his eyes over me he put them back down to the book he was reading. I felt embarrassed. Why didn’t he introduce himself? I bit my lip and sat down nervously.

 

I remained silent for the rest of the lesson. I could feel his disapproving eyes glaring at me every now and again. What was his problem? Did he think I was ugly or something? Or did I smell!? Gingerly I tilted my head to one side. I sniffed but I couldn’t smell anything. –So, it wasn’t that. Maybe it was him. He might be having a bad day or feeling ill. Why am I letting it bother me that much? I don’t know…Suddenly the bell rang and the boy shot out his seat, in a hurry. I watched bewildered as he stormed out the room. It wasn’t me that made him like that so why should I worry about it? I put all the thoughts of him to the back of my mind and went to find Han Kyung before I went home.

 

As I walked outside on the school grounds I noticed him sitting on a wall. “Oppa!”I shouted running over to him. “Oh! Choon-he.”He stood up and grinned. “Hey, I heard you had to sit next to Sung Min in Science. I’m surprised your as happy as this!”“What?”Sung Min? Was that his name? “Lee Sung Min. He looks normal enough, right? All the girls love him but he never shows interest in any girl at all. His mother owns a fashion runway in Paris. It’s VERY popular.”I frowned. “And what has that got to do with him making me sad? Why would he do that?”Han Kyung ex-haled. “Well, he’s rich. And he has nothing to loose. He love’s to see people suffer.”I rolled my eyes at Han Kyung fabulous story telling skills. “I’m sure it’s not as bad as that!”I replied laughing. He shrugged his shoulders at me. “Believe what you want, love. Just be careful.”I snarled at him. “What do you think I’m going to do!? I’m not 8 years old, you know?!”“I know your not! I’m sorry!”Han Kyung looked at his watch. “It’s ok. I snap sometimes.”I replied a little shy. Han Kyung laughed. “Hey. I gotta go now. See you tomorrow!”“Bye!”I replied a little more happily. At least I had one friend who was looking forward to seeing me the next day!