Chapter 1

Roses (A Lee Sung Min Love Story)

I sat motionless in the car with my father. I hadn’t said a word in almost an hour. He was taking me back to Busan where he lived. My parents had split up when I was young and I hadn’t visited my father in almost 10 years. I’d come last to stay with him when I was around 5 or 6 years old. And now that my mother had got excepted into the university she wanted I decided that it was better if I stayed out her way for a little while. So, I’m staying with my dad. And it’s worrying me a little. Will the people here be as nice as they were back home in Seoul?

 

 

My father finaly pulled up into the drive. I was home. It hadn’t changed much. Still the dull orange coloured bricks on the outside and the tree that was now up to my bedroom window. It still felt the same as it did all those years ago –And somehow that wasn’t very comforting. My father didn’t bother me. He had no interest in me whatsoever! But he couldn’t really turn me down, could he? After all, I WAS his own daughter. He left me to unpack. He had better things to do –Like watch T.V. I gave up after about an hour. I decided to finish it of another time. Now, I was going to explore. I walked down the stairs slowly, so as not to make too much noise. I didn’t want my father to give me an interrogation before I left. But, as always, his senses were fast and he saw me when I reached the bottom of the stairs. “Where you off to?”My father asked straight away. “Exploring”I answered simply. My father shrugged. “Whatever, just don’t get lost.”He then went back to his precious television. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the front door. It was stiff but with one hard pull I got it open. Then slammed it behind me.

 

 

I took in a deep breath of the cold, salty air. The sea side wasn’t really my idea of a great home. Especially in the winter months! And one of the worst things…we were forecasted to have A LOT of rain over the next couple of months…Fantastic! I never was any good with sarcasm. I wasn’t really a funny person. Just straight forward. I felt that was the best way and it suited me. So, why change? But there was one advantage of moving to a new town. It was that I could start a new fresh high school life. All those embarrassing things that had happened in my old town, all those mistakes I had made. I knew I could forget all about that and re-start. That was actually quite pleasing in my mind.