Chapter 2

Roses (A Lee Sung Min Love Story)

I walked down the street and almost every single person I past said ‘hello!’or something like that. It was quite nice. The town was so small that everyone knew everyone. There was a cute little bakery and a butchers. Then on the other side of the street there was a book store and a pub. There were other shops further down the road but I didn’t feel like venturing that far today. So, I decided just to take myself back home. And as I reached the drive again I saw someone waiting at the door. She was a slim girl. Very pretty in my opinion and she looked smart as well. Not one of those pretty girls who thinks they can live just from their looks. It doesn’t work like that in the real world!

 

 

“Hello”I said walking up the drive to greet her. She span around suddenly at the sound of my voice. “Hi! She said sounding pleased. “You’re Choon-he, right? Do you remember me?”I frowned trying to remember her face –or voice but I just couldn’t. “Ah…sorry..”I mumbled. She laughed. It’s ok. Maybe it’ll click when you hear my name. I’m Yeun-Ja.”My mouth opened wide in shock and I covered it with my hands. “Yoon Yeun-Ja?”She smiled and nodded. When I was younger and I used to visit my father every couple of weeks Yeun-Ja used to be my friend. My only friend I had down here. She’d grown up so much! When she was younger she was definitely chubbier and had very short hair. Now she was slim, cute and her hair flowed right down her back. It was unbelievable!

 

She giggled at my expression. “I’ve changed a lot, haven’t I?”I just nodded in response. “You look so different, too. I wouldn’t have known it was you if you hadn’t come up to me.”She walked back from the door to where I was standing and gave me a hug. “It’s nice to see you’re so well!”“You too!”I said hugging her back. It was a beautiful reunion. “Can you come in?”I asked Yeun-Ja. Her expression was awkward. “I really have to go somewhere. But, seeing as it’s you I can put it aside for a little while.”I was pleased. Not only did I have a new life to start but I had my pretty best friend to help me thought it. I was starting to like this idea of moving in with my dad.

 

Me and Yeun-Ja sat up in my room for a while chatting and catching up with each other. “How are the kids at school?”I started to ask. “Are they nice?”“I don’t really know.”She replied. I looked at her confused. “I’m going to a different school to you.”She said sounding a little disappointed. “Though, I’m sure the students will be nice all the same.”She reassured me. Then looking down at her watch her face turned worried. “I loved talking to you Choon-He…but I really have to go. Sorry.”“Oh. No problem.”I said smiling. “It was nice to see you again.”She nodded. “Yeah. It was nice to see you too.”She stood up and walked towards the door. “Bye Bye”she said waving back. “Bye”I answered. And after that she left. I was disappointed she wasn’t going to my school. Because if she was I would have had at least one friend. I sighed. Well, there’s nothing I can do about it. I’ve just got to get on with it!