Home.

Activating Feelings

"We are from the North and I can tell that you are too. She ran away from the North for an unknown reason and I was sent here to bring her back," Myungsoo explained.

"Pardon me son, but it seems more like you are assisting her," the woman said timidly.

Myungsoo looks down and sighs. Mothers know best I guess.

"I am. Or at least I want to," he said. "We need you to provide us shelter. In return, we, or at least I, will promise you protection."

The young boy looked at his mother an read the expression on her face. His brows furrowed as he was thinking his mother had gone mad but seeing the assassin sitting in front of them, he didn't dare to say anything, afraid it might anger him.

"Stay as long as you like, I can provide shelter but I don't have enough income to support us all," the woman said, a little less scared this time.

Myungsoo bowed, "I only need shelter."

 

 

Jaeyang's eyes opened slowly and she squinted as she got used to the light. She used her hands and tried to push her body up but an excruciating pain shot through her body causing her to gasp and bite her lip to hold back a scream. She lays back down and then realizes that Myungsoo sitting next to her and gazing at her. Her brows furrowed and her hand instinctively went down to her waist to grab a dagger but her pouch was not on her waist, and she remember what had happened before. She tried to push herself up again but failed. Pain was worse than getting hit by 13 bullets.

Myungsoo planted a finger on her forehead to keep her down and stop her from trying to sit up but she just slapped his hand away. She was still strong in the arms.

"I remember watching you play around the market and you would walk past my mum's snack stall all the time. You were so bright but those rays of light have gone dim," he said shared what he had observed. "then I remembered the flame in your eyes during The Gathering, but those flames are dead now. Its been replaced with darkness and hatred so black. You mastered deactivating feelings, something I could never do."

"Your mission is to kill me. Just do it," she said.

"That's my given mission, not my aim. I think I know what you're doing and I'm going to join you."

"I work alone."

"I don't care about who or what you work with. I am joining you," he persists.

"I would rather have you kill me," she said, with dead serious eyes.

"You will work with me unharmed or you will be stabbed a couple more times and sent to the general to be under total lockdown."

Jaeyang knows that once she goes into lockdown, she can't do anything but live life everyday, chained up and bound to regrets. She unwillingly gives in but makes a deal with him.

"We work separately during missions," she said, receiving a nod from him.

"Fair enough."

 

 

Every two days, Myungsoo's allowance was sent to the card he was given. It wasn't much for two but they made it work. 3 days after the agreement to work together, Jaeyang had recovered a fair sum and was able to sit up although there was a still a strong pain running through her torso. Myungsoo had bought a few new sets of clothes for Jaeyang and would help her re-wrap her wounds every night although she constantly refused and even kicked him in between the legs once. He just gave her the same threat every time and although she knew he wouldn't do it over something so petty, she didn't fight back because she wasn't one to really argue over something stupid.

Over those three days they had come up with a plan and they were going to execute the plan as soon as Jaeyang had recovered. They scheduled the missions in an irregular pattern and sketched maps of places to carry out missions. They planned their missions nearby each other so that the government wouldn't be suspicious as to why there were murders happening simultaneously in two different locations.

Targets were located in multiple states which included Kangwon, Pyongyang, Nampo, South Hwanghae and North Hwanghae, where Kijong city was located. Jaeyang spilled out the hundreds of tiny photos from the tiny tin case in her knapsack and they sorted out all the pictures according to the details that Jaeyang had already written on the back. They were sorted out according to state, city and district.

4 days later, when Jaeyang had fully recovered, they were off on their first mission at Kangwon.

 

 


[a/n]

So how was it? Please leave a comment.
You quite little ninjas.