Leave it all.

Activating Feelings

When you look at the last house standing in Kijong City, you would think that behind the old wooden door there were cobwebs and dust bunnies. Don't judge a book by its cover. If you were to take a look inside, you would be surprised to see pin boards filled with pictures of the hundreds of soldiers that raided Kijong City. Multiple military computers and laptops scattered around the room on the second floor and several dozen training dummies, most of which were destroyed by one certain person that lived in the house.

Everyday she was researching and training, there was no time to live, she was just being alive. Over the years, she had put together a plan. If it worked, she would be able to get the vengeance she sought for her family, the children that died in The Gathering and her hometown. All that was left was to wait for the right time to put the plan to action.

 

 

16th February, 2013. 7:30pm
Birthday of Kim Jong-il, Day of the Shining Star.

After strapping on a dagger pouch and a thigh holster on her lean body, Jaeyang stood up and took one last look at the building she had been training and investigating in for the past 3 years. Her emotionless, feline eyes scanned the entire building taking every detail in and memorizing it. I'll be back, when every person that raided Kijong city is annihilated.

Jaeyang picked up the canvas knapsack that rested at her feet and put on the straps before turning around and walking away from the house she thought she would never see again. She tightened the straps of her gloves and put on a mask that covered her sharp nose and thin lips, staring straight ahead with no intention of turning back. With what she was about to do, it would be a miracle to get another look at that house. 

Her long, black hair that was put up in a ponytail swayed behind her as she walked away from the house. She made her way to the border gates of North and South Korea, hoping to see less guards than usual. Although, she was confident she could take them all down, she didn't want to reel in too much attention.

As she approached the gates, she pulled out her grappling hook from the knapsack on her back and threw it over the border wall. After seeing that it was secure, she hoisted herself up with her toned arms, using her legs as support. When she reached the top of the wall, she rolled up the rope and dumped the grappling hook back into her knapsack.

Stealthily, she moved across the narrow width of the wall, avoiding all the security lights that shined around the area. As she hightailed across the wall, her feet pushed down rubble causing the guards down below to notice something was off. They turned their attention to the top of the wall, looking for what had pushed down the substance.

Jaeyang looked down both sides of the wall, seeing both the North and South Korean soldiers that stood by, guarding it and she was well aware that they were looking for her. She crouched down low and pulled out three daggers holding the three knives in between her fingers. With a flick of the wrist, the knives had pierced through the necks of the three South Korean soldiers that were guarding that sector.

She pulled out her grappling hook and secured it on the edge of the wall. Heat built up on the palms of her hands as the material of her glove and the rope of the grappling hook rubbed together causing friction. After sliding down a good 30ft, Jaeyang's feet hit the ground with the subtlest thud. She walked towards the three lifeless bodies that laid on the ground and retrieved her blood stained daggers, placing them back into the leather pouch that was strapped to her waist.

There was barely any place to hide and absolutely no room for mistake. She looked around, inspecting the areas around her. When she saw a truck heading towards the exit of the Korean Demilitarized Zone (KDZ), she knew that it was her ticket out. As the truck got closer, she made her way towards the dirt road and when it was just where she wanted it, she jumped and latched onto the side of the truck.

She fought against the gravitational force and moved on to the canvas hood of the truck and slipped down to the other side, hidden from all the soldiers that were standing by the wall. She held on tight, letting her right hand drop to her side to load the gun that was in the holster on her right thigh. She pressed up against the side of the truck as far as she could so she wouldn't be spotted in the driver's side mirror.

Jaeyang heard a gunshot and looked to her right and saw that the bullet had pierced a hole through the canvas cover of the truck which brought the truck to an abrupt halt. Her arms pulled her up on to the hood of the truck and she pulled out the loaded PSS pistol from its holster and killed the soldier that had tried to shoot her.

The driver of the truck opened the door and came out with a gun, but to his surprise Jaeyang wasn't anywhere to be found. He heard the sound of a door opening and the last thing he saw when he turned back was Jaeyang pointing a gun at him from the passenger's side. She loaded the gun and put back in the holster.

She crossed over a tool box on passenger's seat to the driver's side and sped off, causing the doors that were wide open to slam shut. When Jaeyang heard the sound of sirens wailing her eyes shifted to the communication system of the truck. The driver had sent a notification of intrusion. She floored the gas pedal as she saw the exit gates of the KDZ were closing. She estimated the time it would take for the gate to close with the speed she was going at and concluded that the truck wouldn't make it, but she could.

She grabbed the tool box that was on the passenger's seat and placed it on the oil pedal before winding down the window and climbing up onto the hood of the truck. She pulled out a grenade from her knapsack, waiting for the right time to pull the pin. The soldiers that were guarding the gate loaded their guns and began to fire endlessly at Jaeyang.

As the truck neared the gate, she jumped, turning over to her side to fit through the slim opening as she pulled the pin of the grenade with her teeth and threw it right amidst the crowd of soldiers. When it hit the ground, it detonated causing the truck to blow up together with it. The explosive force pushed her further away from the gate. She landed on her hands and knees before immediately making a run, heading straight for the tall grass in attempt to hide.

She ran as fast as she could in a random direction. After running perpetually, a small town came into view but instead of approaching the town, she stayed within the tall grass and took cover there for the night.

 

 


[a/n]
PSS pistols are silent, so if you're wondering why it didn't attract attention, now you know.
I did my research. Haha. And most of the dates and places are real.

I hope you guys like this story, Myungsoo will be appearing in the next chapter, or the chapter after that.
Please leave a comment, thank you!