Attempting Suicide.

Activating Feelings

Jaeyang tried to stay as close to the KDZ as possible, knowing that in order to complete her mission, she would have to return to the North multiple times. You would say it's like attempting suicide but to Jaeyang it'd be like walking down the hallway from one class to another.

At this very moment you may be questioning her actions, wondering why she didn't just stay in the North to complete her mission. Let me break it down now, when the authorities catch on to the fact that Jaeyang is behind the assassinations, she would have to flee to the South anyway. Being one of the two only active assassins in North Korea it would be too easy to figure out who's behind it which would make escaping much more difficult because the security level would increase drastically when they are aware that she's on the run. Thus, she picked The Day Of The Shining Star, when security is low and her chances of escaping unharmed, is at its all-time high.

She walked along the outskirts of the small town, looking for any houses that were deserted, when she spotted a house that was so run-down it would seem that no life would exist in that place. She stepped into the house with no front door and walked around the inside. The interior wasn't as wrecked as it was on the exterior but it was just as spacious as it looked from the outside. She walked into one of the rooms and set her knapsack down closing the window shutters slowly, hoping that they wouldn't just snap and fall off.

She looked around the room for a moment before she took off her dagger pouch and holster, then pulled out the only change of clothes she had and put her hair into a messy bun. Slipping out of her black jacket and leggings, she put on the pair of plain white shorts and shirt she had pulled out before and strapped her dagger pouch back on. She looked into her small knapsack and pulled out everything she had.

First aid kit, pouch and water bottle.

She looked at the bottle of water with an expressionless face knowing that she would definitely have to find water and food soon. She had not eaten in close to three days and the hunger was obviously catching up with her as she felt the burn in her stomach. She took a sip of water and put all but the pouch back in her bag before she headed towards the doorway of the room. Just as she was about to step out, she heard voices.

"I miss home," the voice of a teenage boy echoed in the empty house.

"Me too, son," another voice said, this time a middle-aged woman.

That accent was unmistakable.

"I wonder what Kijong city is like now and if we'll ever be able to return to our old home," the voice of the boy echoed again as the sound of plastics settling down could be heard.

Like the contents of an ashtray, she thought as her gaze shifted to the ground.

"I know how you feel but the past will only hold us back from having brighter futures. We may go back someday, but let's just let life do it's part in between," the woman said to her son.

Jaeyang could hear them whispering but couldn't make out what they were saying. Why would you be whispering if you're alone? She looked around the room she was in and sought for an escape. She immediately made a run for the window, grabbing her knapsack while she jumped to kick the shutters of the window, causing it to break and fall to the ground in pieces. She stood at the wall by the window she just jumped out of, pressing her back against it as she slowly drew a dagger from the pouch around her waist.

Just as she gripped the hilt of the dagger, a hand grabbed her wrist and pinned it against the wall behind her before he pressed a dagger against the skin of just like she had done to him less than an hour ago. He looked at her for a few seconds, like he was searching.

"What are you waiting for," she whispered. "do it."

 

 

His eyes didn't stop searching hers. He was looking for any sign of emotion but came across none. Jaeyang was really gutsy when they were young and she never lost that flame in her eyes but as he was looking into her black eyes at that moment, he saw absolutely no sign of emotion. Is this deactivating feeling? He wondered and thought of how he failed to acquire the skill. Myungsoo couldn't do that; switching off emotions and letting go of memories. His heart was pouring with emotions on most days. Missing his parents and his life as a child before the lock down, wondering what his life could have been like if the raid hadn't happened then and... other things.

While he was distracted she used the chance to slip her wrist out of his grip before she kicked him in the stomach and pulled out two daggers, holding one in each hand. She took her stance and watched Myungsoo intently. He was fully aware of what Jaeyang could do with daggers and he knew that as long as she was holding a dagger, let alone two in her hands, things were bound to get messy. Because of her attire, he easily took notice of the multiple bandages on her arms and legs and could see the blood stains on it, those wounds hadn't fully healed yet and he decided to take advantage of that.

He ran towards her, lifting his knife up but just as he was about to strike, she spun out off the way and stood back to back with him. He skidded to a stop on the sandy terrain but before he could turn around, Jaeyang did and struck a vital spot on his back with the of her dagger. Myungsoo kneeled as pain shot through the left side of his body. She hit him once more on the vital spot on his right shoulder and a zapping pain shot through his arm. He fell on his side and rolled over to his back before kicking her in the thigh where she had been shot before. His eyes widened as she had only winced a tiny bit and she did not react the way he expected.

He kicked his body up, ignoring the pain as well as he could, and attempted to trip her but she jumped over his leg and hit the joints on both his knees. He fell to his knees but quickly recovered. She made a move to slash him with her right hand but he swiftly grabbed her right wrist and hit the dagger out of her left hand before stabbing her in the side. He didn't want to go as far as this but he knew he had to. Knowing that a knife in the side wasn't going to stop her, he stab her once more in the thigh and then on the opposite side of her torso.

She was panting or even gasping for air as he had hit places which were close to her vital spots. She glared at him and pulled out another dagger from her pouch but that knife was also hit to the ground and the knife in Myungsoo's hand cut the strap of the dagger pouch, letting the leather pouch fall to the ground. He felt her stop struggling and she fell to her knees. She was weak but her eyes never changed. Her white clothes were stained red with blood which kept flowing from her body. He took the dagger from her hand and placed on the ground before picking her up bridal style and carrying her over to the run-down building, back into the room she jumped out of. He entered and saw the mother and son standing by the window, completely and utterly shocked at the scene they had just witnessed.

"Give us shelter and we won't hurt you," he said. The pair looked at him, terrified, before nodding.

He placed Jaeyang down on the ground and went outside to grab their knapsacks and weapons before going back into the room to treat her wounds. Pulling out his first aid kit from his bag from which was at least five times bigger than Jaeyang's, he took out everything that he needed. He folded her shirt up to reveal the wounds on her torso before cleansing it, cleaning it and bandaging it and then doing the same for the extra wound he made on her thigh.

He unrolled the sleeping bag he had and spread it out on the ground before carrying Jaeyang and putting her on it. He took one last look at her before going out to talk to the woman and her son.

 

 


[a/n]

okay, so how was that? haha. please leave some feedback you silent people.
you guys are like jaeyang. so quite.  ;-;